We are planning a getaway (sans kids) in mid-December for a ski trip to Colorado (5 days). We are looking for a place that is fairly accessible to Denver (we will be coming from Canada so I don't know if we will be able to fly into smaller spots directly).
I am a beginner/intermediate skier and my husband is a snowboarder. We don't care about nightlife but enjoy good food. I have done a little bit of research and it seems like Vail and Beaver Creek get good reviews. We have skied in Eastern Canada and also in Switzerland. I have never seen real powder so am really keen to see the stuff!!
Can anyone recommend a particular resort in CO? Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 2 Trip Report: Charleston, Vero Beach, Beaufort
- 3 USA, Trip to the south
- 4 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 5 How many states have you been to?
- 6 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 7 Honeymoon out west.
- 8 SD card usage in multiple devices and formatting
- 9 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 10 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 11 Carmel Monterey
- 12 Big Sure in June
- 13 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 14 Santa Fe Itineray
- 15 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 16 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 17 Roadtrip July 2017
- 18 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 19 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 20 Yellowstone, Itinerary before
- 21 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 22 Retiring to Tucson
- 23 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 24 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 25 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
December ski trip to Colorado? Please help us pick a resort!