We are planning a getaway (sans kids) in mid-December for a ski trip to Colorado (5 days). We are looking for a place that is fairly accessible to Denver (we will be coming from Canada so I don't know if we will be able to fly into smaller spots directly).
I am a beginner/intermediate skier and my husband is a snowboarder. We don't care about nightlife but enjoy good food. I have done a little bit of research and it seems like Vail and Beaver Creek get good reviews. We have skied in Eastern Canada and also in Switzerland. I have never seen real powder so am really keen to see the stuff!!
Can anyone recommend a particular resort in CO? Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 2 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 3 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 4 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 5 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 6 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 7 Florida in October
- 8 transportation from JFK to Newark airport 1 way
- 9 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 10 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 11 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 12 FLL to Key West
- 13 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 14 Driving south from Washington DC, but where??
- 15 Bringing gift box abroad as carry on?
- 16 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 17 Road Trip to ND, SD, Nebraska, and Iowas
- 18 7-DAY SOJOURN IN SO. CAL
- 19 road trip
- 20 New England Road Trip
- 21 Help with NE (Maine, Boston, Cape Cod) Trip
- 22 AZ and UT family road trip-seeking advice
- 23 Road trip from Saint Louis, Mo
- 24 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 25 Best way from Niagara Falls to Washington DC
December ski trip to Colorado? Please help us pick a resort!