We are planning a getaway (sans kids) in mid-December for a ski trip to Colorado (5 days). We are looking for a place that is fairly accessible to Denver (we will be coming from Canada so I don't know if we will be able to fly into smaller spots directly).
I am a beginner/intermediate skier and my husband is a snowboarder. We don't care about nightlife but enjoy good food. I have done a little bit of research and it seems like Vail and Beaver Creek get good reviews. We have skied in Eastern Canada and also in Switzerland. I have never seen real powder so am really keen to see the stuff!!
Can anyone recommend a particular resort in CO? Thanks in advance.
December ski trip to Colorado? Please help us pick a resort!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston GTG? 7/17/14
- 2 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 3 Trip Report - Hiking to the HOLLYWOOD sign
- 4 Re-Visit DC
- 5 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 6 Seattle Trip - Snoqualmie Falls
- 7 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 8 Looking for One night commutable to NYC (Solo)
- 9 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 10 From Raleigh-Durham to Miami
- 11 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 12 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 13 Question about a private tour in Florence from Livorno port
- 14 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 15 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 16 San Fran to Crater Lake? round trip one week
- 17 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 18 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 19 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 20 Road Trip From Dallas to RMNP through CO Springs.
- 21 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 22 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 23 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 24 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 25 Victoria Clipper to Friday Harbor/San Juan Islands