We have a week to 10 days in December to drive down south. Last year we spent the week on Sanibel Island and loved it. The drive was tough, but we are up for it again. I am looking for a quaint beach community much the same and hoping for decent weather in Dec so realize we prob need to be pretty far south (otherwise I was wondering about the Georgia Islands). Anyone have any recs besides Sanibel? Amelia (or too far north?) Marco? The Keys? We have 3 children (9, 7, 3) and love beach, pool, a little shopping, wildlife, yummy food...the typical Any suggestions would be most appreciated!
December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Richmond highlights?
- 2 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 3 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 4 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 5 4 week family trip ideas
- 6 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 7 Broadway this week
- 8 Washington DC in Spring?
- 9 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 10 Weekend in NYC
- 11 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 12 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 13 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 14 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 15 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 16 New York, New York...
- 17 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 18 trains in Europe
- 19 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 20 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 21 USA trip
- 22 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 23 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 24 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 25 Cedar Point / Put In Bay