Looking for your advice again as we head south.
As per last year, we will take ferry from Victoria to Pt Angeles. Will plan to drive about 6 hours a day...my husband is a paraplegic and does all the driving, but it takes a bit longer to get going in the mornings. Last year we drove down the first week of November, but this year we are leaving Dec 17...plan to drive down #101 again. We stayed in Astoria and then Bandon the first 2 nights last year.
We would like to spend a night with a friend in Santa Rosa, and then head to Las Vegas where we will stay Dec 23/4/5th. Will head to Sun City on the 26th.
Just wondering what the weather might be like this time of year...thought by staying on the coast it might be more rain than snow...
Also, what route would you suggest from Santa Rosa to Vegas? Would like to be in Vegas by early afternoon as we have Jersey Boy tickets for the 23rd.
Any suggestions for Christmas in Vegas? I'm sure it will be amazing. We are staying at the Trump.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help Flying to Portland, Maine
- 2 Hawaii - where?
- 3 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 4 Plymouth or Cape Code/NEED help
- 5 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 6 BBQ
- 7 Seattle, Portand, Hood River with kids- short notice
- 8 Broiled Chicken and Sour Milk Biscuits in Delaware?
- 9 Anaheim - no car
- 10 First time to Alaska
- 11 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 12 Pacific Northwest
- 13 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 14 Things to do in NYC
- 15 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 16 Boston thru New Hampshire to Quebec City
- 17 24 days out west
- 18 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 19 Hawaii Cruise
- 20 New York best app
- 21 Last minute: late lunch near Neue Gallerie?
- 22 New Orleans Streetcars
- 23 San Fran & Napa 5/20/2016 - 5/25/2016
- 24 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 25 Shenandoah National park