Looking for your advice again as we head south.
As per last year, we will take ferry from Victoria to Pt Angeles. Will plan to drive about 6 hours a day...my husband is a paraplegic and does all the driving, but it takes a bit longer to get going in the mornings. Last year we drove down the first week of November, but this year we are leaving Dec 17...plan to drive down #101 again. We stayed in Astoria and then Bandon the first 2 nights last year.
We would like to spend a night with a friend in Santa Rosa, and then head to Las Vegas where we will stay Dec 23/4/5th. Will head to Sun City on the 26th.
Just wondering what the weather might be like this time of year...thought by staying on the coast it might be more rain than snow...
Also, what route would you suggest from Santa Rosa to Vegas? Would like to be in Vegas by early afternoon as we have Jersey Boy tickets for the 23rd.
Any suggestions for Christmas in Vegas? I'm sure it will be amazing. We are staying at the Trump.
Thanks so much.
Dec trip from Vancouver island to Az
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4 week family trip ideas
- 2 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 3 East Coast in December
- 4 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 5 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 6 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 7 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 8 Parking/shuttle near Midway
- 9 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 10 Pyrotechnic Send-off
- 11 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 12 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 13 Florida St George's Island
- 14 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 15 Washington DC in Spring?
- 16 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 17 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 18 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 19 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 20 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 21 Weekend in NYC
- 22 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 23 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 24 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 25 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!