Looking for your advice again as we head south.
As per last year, we will take ferry from Victoria to Pt Angeles. Will plan to drive about 6 hours a day...my husband is a paraplegic and does all the driving, but it takes a bit longer to get going in the mornings. Last year we drove down the first week of November, but this year we are leaving Dec 17...plan to drive down #101 again. We stayed in Astoria and then Bandon the first 2 nights last year.
We would like to spend a night with a friend in Santa Rosa, and then head to Las Vegas where we will stay Dec 23/4/5th. Will head to Sun City on the 26th.
Just wondering what the weather might be like this time of year...thought by staying on the coast it might be more rain than snow...
Also, what route would you suggest from Santa Rosa to Vegas? Would like to be in Vegas by early afternoon as we have Jersey Boy tickets for the 23rd.
Any suggestions for Christmas in Vegas? I'm sure it will be amazing. We are staying at the Trump.
Thanks so much.
Dec trip from Vancouver island to Az
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 2 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 3 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 4 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 5 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 6 Car renting - Santa Cruz to Santa Barbara
- 7 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 8 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 9 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 10 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 11 California
- 12 Keith Haring Exhibit at the De Young, San Francisco
- 13 San Francisco to LA or LA to San Francisco ?!?
- 14 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 15 Accommodation in Los Angeles
- 16 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 17 Cross Country RV Trip
- 18 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 19 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 20 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 21 Texas
- 22 Hotels Philly
- 23 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 24 Jason Lapene - Best Visiting place for holidays
- 25 Petrified national forest, AZ