Looking for your advice again as we head south.
As per last year, we will take ferry from Victoria to Pt Angeles. Will plan to drive about 6 hours a day...my husband is a paraplegic and does all the driving, but it takes a bit longer to get going in the mornings. Last year we drove down the first week of November, but this year we are leaving Dec 17...plan to drive down #101 again. We stayed in Astoria and then Bandon the first 2 nights last year.
We would like to spend a night with a friend in Santa Rosa, and then head to Las Vegas where we will stay Dec 23/4/5th. Will head to Sun City on the 26th.
Just wondering what the weather might be like this time of year...thought by staying on the coast it might be more rain than snow...
Also, what route would you suggest from Santa Rosa to Vegas? Would like to be in Vegas by early afternoon as we have Jersey Boy tickets for the 23rd.
Any suggestions for Christmas in Vegas? I'm sure it will be amazing. We are staying at the Trump.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Thinking of moving FROM Pittsburgh TO Seattle
- 2 Attending a wedding on Nantucket !
- 3 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 4 where to stop on the way from Montreal to Acadia
- 5 Road trip: Boston to Salt Lake City
- 6 Kids Vacation Place
- 7 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 8 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 9 Another Key West Trip Report, July 3 - 9, 2016
- 10 Boston waterfront Italian
- 11 Napa valley getaway
- 12 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 13 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 14 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 15 Day in Spokane
- 16 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 17 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 18 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 19 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 20 Desert Southwest
- 21 Transit Advisory - PATH system - Weekends from August 6 to December 19, 2016
- 22 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 23 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 24 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 25 Zion and Bryce in July