Looking for your advice again as we head south.
As per last year, we will take ferry from Victoria to Pt Angeles. Will plan to drive about 6 hours a day...my husband is a paraplegic and does all the driving, but it takes a bit longer to get going in the mornings. Last year we drove down the first week of November, but this year we are leaving Dec 17...plan to drive down #101 again. We stayed in Astoria and then Bandon the first 2 nights last year.
We would like to spend a night with a friend in Santa Rosa, and then head to Las Vegas where we will stay Dec 23/4/5th. Will head to Sun City on the 26th.
Just wondering what the weather might be like this time of year...thought by staying on the coast it might be more rain than snow...
Also, what route would you suggest from Santa Rosa to Vegas? Would like to be in Vegas by early afternoon as we have Jersey Boy tickets for the 23rd.
Any suggestions for Christmas in Vegas? I'm sure it will be amazing. We are staying at the Trump.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Does the "Real USA" (still) exist?
- 2 Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Yellowstone, Tetons
- 3 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 4 Portland and Seattle for 9 days need help with driving itinerary
- 5 SUV v. Minivan for national park summer driving or does it not matter?
- 6 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 7 Driving from New York to Atlanta,Ga
- 8 Study in America
- 9 9 days from Acadia to Providence RI
- 10 Clean One bedroom for $50-$70 a week
- 11 Trip Report: 3 weeks in the Southwest, May-June 2015
- 12 Where to stay in South Carolina?
- 13 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 14 Seattle, WA to Redondo Beach, CA December
- 15 Traveling alone to Las Vegas
- 16 Florida Family vacation in California
- 17 walking it off in North Beach and Chinatown
- 18 Planning first trip to New Orleans - advice?
- 19 Itinerary advice first time to USA SF-YNP-LV-LA-SF
- 20 Philadelphia to Boston
- 21 Lake Winnipesauke, NH
- 22 Six Flags and Lake George, NY
- 23 Mokulele Airlines Hawaii
- 24 Where to stay in Hill Country in Texas
- 25 Restaurants in Sanibel/Captiva