I need your southwestern Colorado expertise! This September, my husband and I, along with my parents, are planning to visit southwest Colorado. My husband and I travel to Estes Park twice a year but have never been to the southwest area so we thought we would mix it up.
Here is a rough draft itinerary/initial thoughts:
Thursday- Fly to ABQ (from Austin); drive 3 1/2 hours to Durango; settle into hotel
Friday- Mesa Verde National Park
Saturday- Train from Durango to Silverton
Sunday- San Juan Skyway
Monday- repeat San Juan Skyway
Tuesday- Fly home
We plan to be up early and out until dark to make the most of our days. The help I am needing is regarding the San Juan Skyway.
1) Is it possible to make the loop in one day which includes spending time in Ouray and Telluride with Durango being our base?
2) Will we feel like doing the loop again?
3) Your suggestion for tackling the loop? Suggestions regarding our other days.
Thanks so much!
DebitNM...I need SW Colorado help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Scouting Mt. Dora, Florida
- 2 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 3 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 4 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 5 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 6 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 7 Great Smoky Mountains: Asheville or Bryson City?
- 8 6 Weeks in the U.S./ London with Two 60ish Young At Heart
- 9 San Fran experts: need help with Bay vista points
- 10 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 11 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 12 Houston in September
- 13 weather i antelope canyon in December
- 14 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 15 Suggested Itinerary for Grand Canyon and Utah National Parks in two weeks
- 16 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 17 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 18 Itinerary for solo traveler to Maui, Hawaii
- 19 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 20 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 21 New York Trip
- 22 Balloon fest hotels
- 23 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 24 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 25 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide