I need your southwestern Colorado expertise! This September, my husband and I, along with my parents, are planning to visit southwest Colorado. My husband and I travel to Estes Park twice a year but have never been to the southwest area so we thought we would mix it up.
Here is a rough draft itinerary/initial thoughts:
Thursday- Fly to ABQ (from Austin); drive 3 1/2 hours to Durango; settle into hotel
Friday- Mesa Verde National Park
Saturday- Train from Durango to Silverton
Sunday- San Juan Skyway
Monday- repeat San Juan Skyway
Tuesday- Fly home
We plan to be up early and out until dark to make the most of our days. The help I am needing is regarding the San Juan Skyway.
1) Is it possible to make the loop in one day which includes spending time in Ouray and Telluride with Durango being our base?
2) Will we feel like doing the loop again?
3) Your suggestion for tackling the loop? Suggestions regarding our other days.
Thanks so much!
DebitNM...I need SW Colorado help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Place to Grab a Bite to Eat near Wilmington train station?
- 2 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 3 Road Trip SW
- 4 Upscale Mexican restaurant in downtown Denver
- 5 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 6 Seattle-Tacoma Airport to downtown Seattle
- 7 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 8 culpepper
- 9 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 10 Fancy dining
- 11 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 12 Need help with 2 days in Yellowstone with West Yellowstone Lodging
- 13 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 14 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 15 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 16 Where to stay on Kauai...does time of year really matter?
- 17 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 18 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 19 Week in Colorado Springs with 9 & 7 year old. Advice
- 20 Top Of the Rock Reservations
- 21 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 22 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 23 Charlotte restaurant help
- 24 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 25 Concert at Red Rocks in CO