I need your southwestern Colorado expertise! This September, my husband and I, along with my parents, are planning to visit southwest Colorado. My husband and I travel to Estes Park twice a year but have never been to the southwest area so we thought we would mix it up.
Here is a rough draft itinerary/initial thoughts:
Thursday- Fly to ABQ (from Austin); drive 3 1/2 hours to Durango; settle into hotel
Friday- Mesa Verde National Park
Saturday- Train from Durango to Silverton
Sunday- San Juan Skyway
Monday- repeat San Juan Skyway
Tuesday- Fly home
We plan to be up early and out until dark to make the most of our days. The help I am needing is regarding the San Juan Skyway.
1) Is it possible to make the loop in one day which includes spending time in Ouray and Telluride with Durango being our base?
2) Will we feel like doing the loop again?
3) Your suggestion for tackling the loop? Suggestions regarding our other days.
Thanks so much!
DebitNM...I need SW Colorado help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 2 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 3 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 4 September Long Weekend in SW Colorado
- 5 Alaska cruise on Celebrity Solstice
- 6 Sea world San Diego
- 7 Road Trip From Miami to New York, Ideas please!
- 8 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 9 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 10 Berkshires
- 11 Chicago - Girl Scout Itinerary
- 12 Ft. Myers Beach Hotels
- 13 Montana- what are must see places?
- 14 Clearwater visit.
- 15 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 16 Hawaii is still Hell
- 17 Tallest and largest living Saguaros at Saguaro National Park
- 18 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 19 Spring Break in Charleston
- 20 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 21 Charleston Airport Hotel
- 22 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 23 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 24 Need a recommendation for lodging on Kauai (North or South side of Island)
- 25 Fiery Furnace Hike in Arches national park