I need your southwestern Colorado expertise! This September, my husband and I, along with my parents, are planning to visit southwest Colorado. My husband and I travel to Estes Park twice a year but have never been to the southwest area so we thought we would mix it up.
Here is a rough draft itinerary/initial thoughts:
Thursday- Fly to ABQ (from Austin); drive 3 1/2 hours to Durango; settle into hotel
Friday- Mesa Verde National Park
Saturday- Train from Durango to Silverton
Sunday- San Juan Skyway
Monday- repeat San Juan Skyway
Tuesday- Fly home
We plan to be up early and out until dark to make the most of our days. The help I am needing is regarding the San Juan Skyway.
1) Is it possible to make the loop in one day which includes spending time in Ouray and Telluride with Durango being our base?
2) Will we feel like doing the loop again?
3) Your suggestion for tackling the loop? Suggestions regarding our other days.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://rhinorx90eveningblog.com/erorectin/
- 2 Metropolitan Movers Newmarket GTA North
- 3 NEED AN URGENT LOAN?
- 4 A great gift for various occasions
- 5 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 6 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 7 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 8 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 9 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 10 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 11 Key West Hidden Gem Hotels?
- 12 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 13 Child safe Hawaii beaches in late October
- 14 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 15 Oahu condo-Ilikai
- 16 transportation from JFK to Newark airport 1 way
- 17 road trip
- 18 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 19 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 20 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 21 Florida in October
- 22 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 23 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 24 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 25 FLL to Key West