I need your southwestern Colorado expertise! This September, my husband and I, along with my parents, are planning to visit southwest Colorado. My husband and I travel to Estes Park twice a year but have never been to the southwest area so we thought we would mix it up.
Here is a rough draft itinerary/initial thoughts:
Thursday- Fly to ABQ (from Austin); drive 3 1/2 hours to Durango; settle into hotel
Friday- Mesa Verde National Park
Saturday- Train from Durango to Silverton
Sunday- San Juan Skyway
Monday- repeat San Juan Skyway
Tuesday- Fly home
We plan to be up early and out until dark to make the most of our days. The help I am needing is regarding the San Juan Skyway.
1) Is it possible to make the loop in one day which includes spending time in Ouray and Telluride with Durango being our base?
2) Will we feel like doing the loop again?
3) Your suggestion for tackling the loop? Suggestions regarding our other days.
Thanks so much!
DebitNM...I need SW Colorado help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago in early summer, what to do with our car
- 2 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 3 American Honeymoon in March
- 4 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 5 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 6 Kauai: Is two nights enough?
- 7 attraction/tour ticket purchase
- 8 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 9 Fastest and Safest (least snow) X-Country Route from Lake Tahoe to NC?
- 10 Big Bend National Park - 3 days January itinerary?
- 11 LOS ANGELES AREA HOCKEY TRIP JANUARY
- 12 Hilton Gardens - Marina Del Ray - Restaurants near by???
- 13 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 14 kuai and maui top 10 to see list
- 15 planning trip to Hawaii, Limited Budget
- 16 New Orleans
- 17 Australian travelling solo across the South - suggestions please!
- 18 Texas, Arkansas or Smokey Mountains during Christmas break?
- 19 Best route home from page, az to ny?
- 20 Seattle to San Francisco itinerary
- 21 San Diego/ Baja / Desert / Vegas/ Mexico
- 22 Help! Need a good road trip idea from SF for Thanksgiving
- 23 Vintage NYC Subway Cars in operation for the 2014 Holiday season
- 24 Baytown, Texas
- 25 Seattle Restaurant for Graduation luncheon