I need your southwestern Colorado expertise! This September, my husband and I, along with my parents, are planning to visit southwest Colorado. My husband and I travel to Estes Park twice a year but have never been to the southwest area so we thought we would mix it up.
Here is a rough draft itinerary/initial thoughts:
Thursday- Fly to ABQ (from Austin); drive 3 1/2 hours to Durango; settle into hotel
Friday- Mesa Verde National Park
Saturday- Train from Durango to Silverton
Sunday- San Juan Skyway
Monday- repeat San Juan Skyway
Tuesday- Fly home
We plan to be up early and out until dark to make the most of our days. The help I am needing is regarding the San Juan Skyway.
1) Is it possible to make the loop in one day which includes spending time in Ouray and Telluride with Durango being our base?
2) Will we feel like doing the loop again?
3) Your suggestion for tackling the loop? Suggestions regarding our other days.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 2 Best Places to Start Backpacking
- 3 Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend
- 4 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 5 Camping in Yellowstone? Good idea for a family?
- 6 Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride
- 7 Drive from Denver to Yellowstone in 1 day?
- 8 Itinary for Maui - help please
- 9 4-5 day active vacation/road trip from NY/NJ
- 10 Camping in New England foliage Oct 8-19
- 11 USA October 2016
- 12 Yellowstone or Yosemite in August?
- 13 Redwood National Forest
- 14 Asheville+Charleston+Savannah
- 15 College Tour: Harvard, MIT, and Yale
- 16 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 17 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 18 Kings and Sequoia.
- 19 Uber and Miami
- 20 Renting a car in miami, fl
- 21 Help formulate itinerary for Florida keys
- 22 BRAVOFLY - SCAM
- 23 Austin and ?, Texas Family Spring Break 2015 - Trying again
- 24 New Orleants dining
- 25 Springtime in Florida