I need your southwestern Colorado expertise! This September, my husband and I, along with my parents, are planning to visit southwest Colorado. My husband and I travel to Estes Park twice a year but have never been to the southwest area so we thought we would mix it up.
Here is a rough draft itinerary/initial thoughts:
Thursday- Fly to ABQ (from Austin); drive 3 1/2 hours to Durango; settle into hotel
Friday- Mesa Verde National Park
Saturday- Train from Durango to Silverton
Sunday- San Juan Skyway
Monday- repeat San Juan Skyway
Tuesday- Fly home
We plan to be up early and out until dark to make the most of our days. The help I am needing is regarding the San Juan Skyway.
1) Is it possible to make the loop in one day which includes spending time in Ouray and Telluride with Durango being our base?
2) Will we feel like doing the loop again?
3) Your suggestion for tackling the loop? Suggestions regarding our other days.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1:888:482:3831 Password Reset CONTACT ☎ YAHOO TEC*h 24*7
- 2 Where to live in the North East
- 3 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 4 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 5 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 6 Phoenix for the weekend
- 7 MIDTOWN EAST TO JFK....VIA, UBER, OR YELLOW CAB?
- 8 JFK to Washington
- 9 Winter hiking in Colorado
- 10 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 11 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 12 Girls Trip to Chicago
- 13 Hotel to stay in Queens
- 14 Christmas in Colorado
- 15 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 16 Restaurants - Nashville & Memphis
- 17 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 18 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!
- 19 Arches NP - Last Week of March or other place
- 20 Girls weekend Fl destination with no hurrucan damage in Feb?
- 21 Boston Custom House timeshare
- 22 4 days in San Francisco
- 23 Black Sand Basin - Yellowstone National Park
- 24 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 25 San Fransisco to Portland