I need your southwestern Colorado expertise! This September, my husband and I, along with my parents, are planning to visit southwest Colorado. My husband and I travel to Estes Park twice a year but have never been to the southwest area so we thought we would mix it up.
Here is a rough draft itinerary/initial thoughts:
Thursday- Fly to ABQ (from Austin); drive 3 1/2 hours to Durango; settle into hotel
Friday- Mesa Verde National Park
Saturday- Train from Durango to Silverton
Sunday- San Juan Skyway
Monday- repeat San Juan Skyway
Tuesday- Fly home
We plan to be up early and out until dark to make the most of our days. The help I am needing is regarding the San Juan Skyway.
1) Is it possible to make the loop in one day which includes spending time in Ouray and Telluride with Durango being our base?
2) Will we feel like doing the loop again?
3) Your suggestion for tackling the loop? Suggestions regarding our other days.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://healthpurelives.com/hl-slim-pro/
- 2 Addiction Treatment Center New Jersey
- 3 Natural Treatment for Melasma
- 4 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 5 Camping in or near Big Bend National Park
- 6 Nashville Never Been
- 7 Coffee in Boston?
- 8 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 9 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 10 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 11 New orleans recs for family
- 12 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 13 Ideas for February Road Trip from San Francisco?
- 14 Later Winter around Mobile
- 15 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 16 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 17 2 days in Vermont, Green Mountain area
- 18 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 19 Uber boston
- 20 Florida keys trip
- 21 First Time to Maine - Itinerary Help!
- 22 Steamboat Springs, CO
- 23 My Colorado trip ?'s (June)
- 24 Florida beach vacation
- 25 Suggestion for Las Vegas to Yosemite in July