I need your southwestern Colorado expertise! This September, my husband and I, along with my parents, are planning to visit southwest Colorado. My husband and I travel to Estes Park twice a year but have never been to the southwest area so we thought we would mix it up.
Here is a rough draft itinerary/initial thoughts:
Thursday- Fly to ABQ (from Austin); drive 3 1/2 hours to Durango; settle into hotel
Friday- Mesa Verde National Park
Saturday- Train from Durango to Silverton
Sunday- San Juan Skyway
Monday- repeat San Juan Skyway
Tuesday- Fly home
We plan to be up early and out until dark to make the most of our days. The help I am needing is regarding the San Juan Skyway.
1) Is it possible to make the loop in one day which includes spending time in Ouray and Telluride with Durango being our base?
2) Will we feel like doing the loop again?
3) Your suggestion for tackling the loop? Suggestions regarding our other days.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Are you looking art industry?
- 2 Are you looking Hair and makeup Specialist?
- 3 Cross country tips
- 4 Parka in PA during February?
- 5 Back from the Big Easy
- 6 Are you looking Very Practical Gift?
- 7 Three relaxing weeks in Palm Springs
- 8 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 9 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 10 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 11 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 12 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 13 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 14 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 15 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 16 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 17 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 18 IAH to HOU Questions
- 19 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 20 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 21 Jazzfest side trips
- 22 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 23 March in New Mexico
- 24 No Spam this morning!!
- 25 San Francisco transit options