I need your southwestern Colorado expertise! This September, my husband and I, along with my parents, are planning to visit southwest Colorado. My husband and I travel to Estes Park twice a year but have never been to the southwest area so we thought we would mix it up.
Here is a rough draft itinerary/initial thoughts:
Thursday- Fly to ABQ (from Austin); drive 3 1/2 hours to Durango; settle into hotel
Friday- Mesa Verde National Park
Saturday- Train from Durango to Silverton
Sunday- San Juan Skyway
Monday- repeat San Juan Skyway
Tuesday- Fly home
We plan to be up early and out until dark to make the most of our days. The help I am needing is regarding the San Juan Skyway.
1) Is it possible to make the loop in one day which includes spending time in Ouray and Telluride with Durango being our base?
2) Will we feel like doing the loop again?
3) Your suggestion for tackling the loop? Suggestions regarding our other days.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 2 My parents planned a vacation for me without asking.
- 3 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 4 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 5 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 6 DC restaurant report
- 7 Neue Galerie
- 8 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 9 Philadelphia - Safe?
- 10 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 11 Arizona in winter
- 12 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 13 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 14 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 15 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 16 Arizona in late January
- 17 A Few Days in Asheville
- 18 University of Florida, Gainesville Breakfast Spot
- 19 Going to Oahu December 1-8
- 20 trip repor 5th-8th October
- 21 Key West
- 22 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 23 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 24 moving to Florida
- 25 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!