I need your southwestern Colorado expertise! This September, my husband and I, along with my parents, are planning to visit southwest Colorado. My husband and I travel to Estes Park twice a year but have never been to the southwest area so we thought we would mix it up.
Here is a rough draft itinerary/initial thoughts:
Thursday- Fly to ABQ (from Austin); drive 3 1/2 hours to Durango; settle into hotel
Friday- Mesa Verde National Park
Saturday- Train from Durango to Silverton
Sunday- San Juan Skyway
Monday- repeat San Juan Skyway
Tuesday- Fly home
We plan to be up early and out until dark to make the most of our days. The help I am needing is regarding the San Juan Skyway.
1) Is it possible to make the loop in one day which includes spending time in Ouray and Telluride with Durango being our base?
2) Will we feel like doing the loop again?
3) Your suggestion for tackling the loop? Suggestions regarding our other days.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Buying wine New York City
- 2 Best restaurant in Little Italy?
- 3 duty free question with connecting flights to US
- 4 Holland Tulip Festival
- 5 Cape Cod visit in August
- 6 Is this a new record for spam?
- 7 Portland, Or. to Seattle & Vancouver Canada and Back
- 8 Theater Districy/Midtown NYC Hotel Suggestions
- 9 Great eats Portland, Seattle, Vancouver
- 10 Florida Car Rental
- 11 Nashville Public Transportation
- 12 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 13 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 14 Carmel- Tickle Pink
- 15 Denver to Rocky Mt Nat Park in august
- 16 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 17 BYOB in New York City
- 18 Week in Colorado
- 19 Where to visit driving through coast of Maine
- 20 Quick trip to New Mexico
- 21 Ferry to Nantucket
- 22 Weekend trip wine-tasting on Long Island
- 23 route tips Ashland OR to Durango, Pasgosa Springs
- 24 GRAND CIRCLE 1 week RV/Campervan
- 25 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos