I need your southwestern Colorado expertise! This September, my husband and I, along with my parents, are planning to visit southwest Colorado. My husband and I travel to Estes Park twice a year but have never been to the southwest area so we thought we would mix it up.
Here is a rough draft itinerary/initial thoughts:
Thursday- Fly to ABQ (from Austin); drive 3 1/2 hours to Durango; settle into hotel
Friday- Mesa Verde National Park
Saturday- Train from Durango to Silverton
Sunday- San Juan Skyway
Monday- repeat San Juan Skyway
Tuesday- Fly home
We plan to be up early and out until dark to make the most of our days. The help I am needing is regarding the San Juan Skyway.
1) Is it possible to make the loop in one day which includes spending time in Ouray and Telluride with Durango being our base?
2) Will we feel like doing the loop again?
3) Your suggestion for tackling the loop? Suggestions regarding our other days.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 2 Bear cubs at Wild Animal Sanctuary
- 3 Martha's Vineyard_Day Trip
- 4 11 days SE coast road trip
- 5 Silverthorne
- 6 New Issues with Air BnB in NYC
- 7 Places to stay in TX...?
- 8 Best Affordable Hotel to Stay in Montana - Deborah
- 9 Where are the orcas near Seattle?
- 10 Trip Report - Chicago - Thunstorms, Thunderstorms, Thunderstorms
- 11 50th in Hawaii
- 12 Afternoon in Philadelphia
- 13 Condo rental for snowbirds
- 14 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 15 Ironman Housing in Kailua Kona
- 16 advice for Short trip from Dallas to?
- 17 Condos in Kauai and Big Island
- 18 Road trip from Iowa to South Carolina
- 19 My Topic TitlePalm Springs at the Last MInute, Help Please!
- 20 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 21 Where to stay for 1 night near Morgantown WV
- 22 Driving from Baltimore to Savannah Ga
- 23 Berkshires with a toddler
- 24 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 25 hilicopter tour oahu