I need your southwestern Colorado expertise! This September, my husband and I, along with my parents, are planning to visit southwest Colorado. My husband and I travel to Estes Park twice a year but have never been to the southwest area so we thought we would mix it up.
Here is a rough draft itinerary/initial thoughts:
Thursday- Fly to ABQ (from Austin); drive 3 1/2 hours to Durango; settle into hotel
Friday- Mesa Verde National Park
Saturday- Train from Durango to Silverton
Sunday- San Juan Skyway
Monday- repeat San Juan Skyway
Tuesday- Fly home
We plan to be up early and out until dark to make the most of our days. The help I am needing is regarding the San Juan Skyway.
1) Is it possible to make the loop in one day which includes spending time in Ouray and Telluride with Durango being our base?
2) Will we feel like doing the loop again?
3) Your suggestion for tackling the loop? Suggestions regarding our other days.
Thanks so much!
DebitNM...I need SW Colorado help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 2 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 3 Road trip through the south
- 4 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 5 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 6 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 7 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 8 Myrtle Beach
- 9 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 10 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 11 Colorado in the summer!
- 12 Shuttle Recommendations - Penn Station to JFK
- 13 Getting around Las Vegas
- 14 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 15 Travel West Coast
- 16 Rafting near Denali
- 17 Where to go in Maine?
- 18 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 19 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 20 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 21 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 22 Kennebunkport and....?
- 23 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 24 Never been on the Ell in Chicago
- 25 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston