I need your southwestern Colorado expertise! This September, my husband and I, along with my parents, are planning to visit southwest Colorado. My husband and I travel to Estes Park twice a year but have never been to the southwest area so we thought we would mix it up.
Here is a rough draft itinerary/initial thoughts:
Thursday- Fly to ABQ (from Austin); drive 3 1/2 hours to Durango; settle into hotel
Friday- Mesa Verde National Park
Saturday- Train from Durango to Silverton
Sunday- San Juan Skyway
Monday- repeat San Juan Skyway
Tuesday- Fly home
We plan to be up early and out until dark to make the most of our days. The help I am needing is regarding the San Juan Skyway.
1) Is it possible to make the loop in one day which includes spending time in Ouray and Telluride with Durango being our base?
2) Will we feel like doing the loop again?
3) Your suggestion for tackling the loop? Suggestions regarding our other days.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 2 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 3 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 4 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 5 ===>>>>> http://testboosthelp.com/androx-extreme-uk/
- 6 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 7 New Software
- 8 Family reunion ideas
- 9 JFK-connection
- 10 Belmond Charleston, Mills House Wyndham or Spectator?
- 11 san fransisco to crater lake
- 12 Five nights in Yellowstone: Where to stay?
- 13 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 14 Any Cheaper way to fly into Jackson Hole?
- 15 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 16 Florida itinerary- your thought please
- 17 Northern California Fall itinerary help
- 18 Help with road trip from Los Angeles to Utah
- 19 RV campsites Newport RI
- 20 http://www.revommerce.com/elite-test-booster/
- 21 Made the Jump!
- 22 Blackcore Edge: Is This An Unsafe Supplement?
- 23 Muscle XTX – No.1 formula for build stamina power....
- 24 Enjoy maximum performances in gym
- 25 Food4Patriots - Safe and effective way to store foods