I need your southwestern Colorado expertise! This September, my husband and I, along with my parents, are planning to visit southwest Colorado. My husband and I travel to Estes Park twice a year but have never been to the southwest area so we thought we would mix it up.
Here is a rough draft itinerary/initial thoughts:
Thursday- Fly to ABQ (from Austin); drive 3 1/2 hours to Durango; settle into hotel
Friday- Mesa Verde National Park
Saturday- Train from Durango to Silverton
Sunday- San Juan Skyway
Monday- repeat San Juan Skyway
Tuesday- Fly home
We plan to be up early and out until dark to make the most of our days. The help I am needing is regarding the San Juan Skyway.
1) Is it possible to make the loop in one day which includes spending time in Ouray and Telluride with Durango being our base?
2) Will we feel like doing the loop again?
3) Your suggestion for tackling the loop? Suggestions regarding our other days.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Arriving EWR- which flight should I choose based on traffic to Manhattan
- 2 Something new/ different between Jackson WY and Billings, MT
- 3 portland and area
- 4 Vermont/New Hampshire
- 5 Suggestions on transport from Las Vegas to San Francisco
- 6 Ideas please for travel between Grand Canyon & Monument Valley
- 7 San Francisco to LA, road or rail?
- 8 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 9 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
- 10 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 11 Berkshires-AARP Central
- 12 Yellowstone in Early October?
- 13 drive from sfo to glen ellen
- 14 St. Louis Metro from Airport to Amtrak Station
- 15 Carmel for 5 nights with baby
- 16 Hotel suggestions San Francisco
- 17 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 18 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 19 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 20 first time new yorker with a baby, need help on newark to a broadway hotel
- 21 Areas to Stay in Boston
- 22 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
- 23 South Carolina
- 24 Driving trip Chicago to San Francisco
- 25 Charleston/Savannah help needed