I need your southwestern Colorado expertise! This September, my husband and I, along with my parents, are planning to visit southwest Colorado. My husband and I travel to Estes Park twice a year but have never been to the southwest area so we thought we would mix it up.
Here is a rough draft itinerary/initial thoughts:
Thursday- Fly to ABQ (from Austin); drive 3 1/2 hours to Durango; settle into hotel
Friday- Mesa Verde National Park
Saturday- Train from Durango to Silverton
Sunday- San Juan Skyway
Monday- repeat San Juan Skyway
Tuesday- Fly home
We plan to be up early and out until dark to make the most of our days. The help I am needing is regarding the San Juan Skyway.
1) Is it possible to make the loop in one day which includes spending time in Ouray and Telluride with Durango being our base?
2) Will we feel like doing the loop again?
3) Your suggestion for tackling the loop? Suggestions regarding our other days.
Thanks so much!
DebitNM...I need SW Colorado help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oregon Road Trip
- 2 Arizona / Utah Itinerary
- 3 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 4 Getaway
- 5 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 6 Moving to New Jersey
- 7 Hotel recommendations for Western Oregon
- 8 Refining my California Itinerary
- 9 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 10 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 11 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 12 Las Vegas to San Francisco in October - best route
- 13 Portland Or is a foodie scene
- 14 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 15 St. Simon, Georgia
- 16 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 17 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 18 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 19 4 week family trip ideas
- 20 Christmas in TX
- 21 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 22 Staying at holiday inn express midtown manhattan
- 23 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 24 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 25 Ben Landa