I need your southwestern Colorado expertise! This September, my husband and I, along with my parents, are planning to visit southwest Colorado. My husband and I travel to Estes Park twice a year but have never been to the southwest area so we thought we would mix it up.
Here is a rough draft itinerary/initial thoughts:
Thursday- Fly to ABQ (from Austin); drive 3 1/2 hours to Durango; settle into hotel
Friday- Mesa Verde National Park
Saturday- Train from Durango to Silverton
Sunday- San Juan Skyway
Monday- repeat San Juan Skyway
Tuesday- Fly home
We plan to be up early and out until dark to make the most of our days. The help I am needing is regarding the San Juan Skyway.
1) Is it possible to make the loop in one day which includes spending time in Ouray and Telluride with Durango being our base?
2) Will we feel like doing the loop again?
3) Your suggestion for tackling the loop? Suggestions regarding our other days.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.mysupplementsera.com/testx-core/
- 2 Flux Event & Wedding Catering Redondo Beach
- 3 http://phytolyft.com/neurofuse-enhance/
- 4 Roadtrip July 2017
- 5 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 6 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 7 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 8 RIP Rob Stewart/Sharkwater
- 9 Alabama vacation "shark teeth fossils"
- 10 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 11 Help Please - NYC Questions and Plans
- 12 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 13 Day trip to Disney, Orlando
- 14 Amtrak prices go up and down?
- 15 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 16 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 17 Restaurant suggestion in Venice, Fl
- 18 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 19 Retiring to Tucson
- 20 10 days vacation in California
- 21 Summer Vacation Ideas
- 22 Naples Hotel and Everglades
- 23 Grand Canyon solo - advisable?
- 24 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 25 Utah National Parks visit