I need your southwestern Colorado expertise! This September, my husband and I, along with my parents, are planning to visit southwest Colorado. My husband and I travel to Estes Park twice a year but have never been to the southwest area so we thought we would mix it up.
Here is a rough draft itinerary/initial thoughts:
Thursday- Fly to ABQ (from Austin); drive 3 1/2 hours to Durango; settle into hotel
Friday- Mesa Verde National Park
Saturday- Train from Durango to Silverton
Sunday- San Juan Skyway
Monday- repeat San Juan Skyway
Tuesday- Fly home
We plan to be up early and out until dark to make the most of our days. The help I am needing is regarding the San Juan Skyway.
1) Is it possible to make the loop in one day which includes spending time in Ouray and Telluride with Durango being our base?
2) Will we feel like doing the loop again?
3) Your suggestion for tackling the loop? Suggestions regarding our other days.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seafood In Cannon Beach
- 2 Alaska independent tour for group
- 3 Considering a vacation in Texas this year
- 4 Hamilton Broadway
- 5 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 6 Sarasota, Florida, good value hotels
- 7 Florida Beach Hotel
- 8 Texas area with nature AND proximity to a city?
- 9 Savannah in st patrick's weekend?
- 10 Washington DC with kids
- 11 My road trip through southern US.
- 12 Late night eating in Kauai
- 13 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 14 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 15 Florida Nature Trip
- 16 help from a true New Yorker.
- 17 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 18 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 19 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 20 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 21 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 22 Safety Concerns
- 23 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 24 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 25 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?