I need your southwestern Colorado expertise! This September, my husband and I, along with my parents, are planning to visit southwest Colorado. My husband and I travel to Estes Park twice a year but have never been to the southwest area so we thought we would mix it up.
Here is a rough draft itinerary/initial thoughts:
Thursday- Fly to ABQ (from Austin); drive 3 1/2 hours to Durango; settle into hotel
Friday- Mesa Verde National Park
Saturday- Train from Durango to Silverton
Sunday- San Juan Skyway
Monday- repeat San Juan Skyway
Tuesday- Fly home
We plan to be up early and out until dark to make the most of our days. The help I am needing is regarding the San Juan Skyway.
1) Is it possible to make the loop in one day which includes spending time in Ouray and Telluride with Durango being our base?
2) Will we feel like doing the loop again?
3) Your suggestion for tackling the loop? Suggestions regarding our other days.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 2 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 3 Seattle to San Francisco
- 4 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 5 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 6 San Francisco and Napa
- 7 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 8 Relocating to the Deep South
- 9 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 10 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 11 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 12 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 13 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 14 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 15 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 16 Budget NYC hotel
- 17 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 18 Timeshare on Cape Cod
- 19 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 20 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 21 Best place for first night; Beach?
- 22 Will be in Palm Springs CA November 14-29, 2015
- 23 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 24 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 25 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January