I need your southwestern Colorado expertise! This September, my husband and I, along with my parents, are planning to visit southwest Colorado. My husband and I travel to Estes Park twice a year but have never been to the southwest area so we thought we would mix it up.
Here is a rough draft itinerary/initial thoughts:
Thursday- Fly to ABQ (from Austin); drive 3 1/2 hours to Durango; settle into hotel
Friday- Mesa Verde National Park
Saturday- Train from Durango to Silverton
Sunday- San Juan Skyway
Monday- repeat San Juan Skyway
Tuesday- Fly home
We plan to be up early and out until dark to make the most of our days. The help I am needing is regarding the San Juan Skyway.
1) Is it possible to make the loop in one day which includes spending time in Ouray and Telluride with Durango being our base?
2) Will we feel like doing the loop again?
3) Your suggestion for tackling the loop? Suggestions regarding our other days.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://advancemenpower.com/testo-muscle-fuel/
- 2 Boston to Naples florida
- 3 http://www.greathealthreview.com/nutraher-lean/
- 4 Hotel in Reno
- 5 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 6 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 7 Retiring to Tucson
- 8 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 9 Best Hotel guest amenities
- 10 Santa Fe Itineray
- 11 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 12 Coastal California trip with toddlers in April
- 13 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 14 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 15 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 16 Trinity Site, NM
- 17 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 18 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 19 North Carolina airports
- 20 best health clubs with lap pools
- 21 10 days vacation in California
- 22 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 23 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 24 Tampa Suborns vs Orlando Suborns? To Raise a Family.
- 25 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?