I need your southwestern Colorado expertise! This September, my husband and I, along with my parents, are planning to visit southwest Colorado. My husband and I travel to Estes Park twice a year but have never been to the southwest area so we thought we would mix it up.
Here is a rough draft itinerary/initial thoughts:
Thursday- Fly to ABQ (from Austin); drive 3 1/2 hours to Durango; settle into hotel
Friday- Mesa Verde National Park
Saturday- Train from Durango to Silverton
Sunday- San Juan Skyway
Monday- repeat San Juan Skyway
Tuesday- Fly home
We plan to be up early and out until dark to make the most of our days. The help I am needing is regarding the San Juan Skyway.
1) Is it possible to make the loop in one day which includes spending time in Ouray and Telluride with Durango being our base?
2) Will we feel like doing the loop again?
3) Your suggestion for tackling the loop? Suggestions regarding our other days.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Wedding and Romantic Getaway in Florida Coast
- 2 Place of Interest between Moab and LAS in Southern Utah?
- 3 Texarkana to Wautoma, WI
- 4 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 5 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 6 California Trip
- 7 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 8 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 9 New Orleans
- 10 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 11 Chadd's Ford/Andrew Wyeth
- 12 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 13 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 14 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 15 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 16 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 17 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 18 Weather in Chicago
- 19 Road trip around Washington DC
- 20 Utah trip Itinerary
- 21 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 22 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 23 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 24 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 25 Help me with this