I need your southwestern Colorado expertise! This September, my husband and I, along with my parents, are planning to visit southwest Colorado. My husband and I travel to Estes Park twice a year but have never been to the southwest area so we thought we would mix it up.
Here is a rough draft itinerary/initial thoughts:
Thursday- Fly to ABQ (from Austin); drive 3 1/2 hours to Durango; settle into hotel
Friday- Mesa Verde National Park
Saturday- Train from Durango to Silverton
Sunday- San Juan Skyway
Monday- repeat San Juan Skyway
Tuesday- Fly home
We plan to be up early and out until dark to make the most of our days. The help I am needing is regarding the San Juan Skyway.
1) Is it possible to make the loop in one day which includes spending time in Ouray and Telluride with Durango being our base?
2) Will we feel like doing the loop again?
3) Your suggestion for tackling the loop? Suggestions regarding our other days.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kids Vacation Place
- 2 East United State - what do you reccomend ?
- 3 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 4 Boston waterfront Italian
- 5 First time, Best business class?
- 6 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 7 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 8 What to pack
- 9 Napa valley getaway
- 10 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016
- 11 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 12 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 13 Day in Spokane
- 14 summer vacation
- 15 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 16 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 17 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 18 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 19 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 20 Spa at THE Hotel at Mandalay Bay
- 21 Zion and Bryce in July
- 22 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 23 Itinerary Help Needed
- 24 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 25 SW Colorado/San Juan Skyway ideas?