I need your southwestern Colorado expertise! This September, my husband and I, along with my parents, are planning to visit southwest Colorado. My husband and I travel to Estes Park twice a year but have never been to the southwest area so we thought we would mix it up.
Here is a rough draft itinerary/initial thoughts:
Thursday- Fly to ABQ (from Austin); drive 3 1/2 hours to Durango; settle into hotel
Friday- Mesa Verde National Park
Saturday- Train from Durango to Silverton
Sunday- San Juan Skyway
Monday- repeat San Juan Skyway
Tuesday- Fly home
We plan to be up early and out until dark to make the most of our days. The help I am needing is regarding the San Juan Skyway.
1) Is it possible to make the loop in one day which includes spending time in Ouray and Telluride with Durango being our base?
2) Will we feel like doing the loop again?
3) Your suggestion for tackling the loop? Suggestions regarding our other days.
Thanks so much!
DebitNM...I need SW Colorado help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 2 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 3 Italian cookies in Minneapolis area
- 4 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 5 Unique but reasonable restaurants in Las Vegas
- 6 DC - WW2 flyover
- 7 Colorado trip
- 8 Colorado trip in early May
- 9 Cape cod and Acadia
- 10 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 11 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 12 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 13 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 14 Washington and oregon help with itinerary
- 15 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 16 Cumberland Island and Surrounding Area
- 17 Have you ever heard of a place called Page, Arz?
- 18 Minneapolis hotel - special occasion
- 19 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 20 First visit in New Mexico
- 21 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 22 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 23 Maine in latter half of September
- 24 Grand Marais?
- 25 D.C. restaurants for families.