This is my second question regarding travel to Death Valley this June. As mentioned in the previous thread, we will be on a four weeks trip from Louisiana to California in May/June. Going west on I-10 and heading back home on I-40. Want to take a detour to Death Valley in our minivan. We have family who will be traveling along with us in a motor home. I have read posts on here about the inadvisability of taking a motorhome from Long Pine, CA through the west entrance of the park, heading east on Hwy. 190, due to the elevation of the pass. So, if our RVing family wants to also visit Death Valley, they would have to go in via a different route. What is your advice regarding traveling to Scotty's Castle via motorhome on June 11? Would you make this trip?
Death Valley in June in a motorhome
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 2 NYC to LA road trip - Buy or rent a car?
- 3 Martha's Vineyard Sailing
- 4 san fran sightseeing
- 5 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 6 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 7 Transportation from Newark to Midtown Hotel
- 8 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 9 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 10 Side Show is a must-see show on Broadway
- 11 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 12 American Honeymoon in March
- 13 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 14 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 15 4 week family trip ideas
- 16 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 17 Boston in winter?
- 18 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 19 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 20 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 21 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 22 San Diego/ Baja / Desert / Vegas/ Mexico
- 23 Gulf coast - Naples, Sanibel Island, Marco Island or Fort Meyers, which one
- 24 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 25 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?