This is my second question regarding travel to Death Valley this June. As mentioned in the previous thread, we will be on a four weeks trip from Louisiana to California in May/June. Going west on I-10 and heading back home on I-40. Want to take a detour to Death Valley in our minivan. We have family who will be traveling along with us in a motor home. I have read posts on here about the inadvisability of taking a motorhome from Long Pine, CA through the west entrance of the park, heading east on Hwy. 190, due to the elevation of the pass. So, if our RVing family wants to also visit Death Valley, they would have to go in via a different route. What is your advice regarding traveling to Scotty's Castle via motorhome on June 11? Would you make this trip?
Death Valley in June in a motorhome
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How the fairytale of New York can become a nightmare
- 2 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 3 Hang out, Low Key, Getaway Area?
- 4 Best non-tourist trap restaurants in South Beach
- 5 Happy Hour
- 6 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 7 Wisconsin Dells, Lake Geneva or Door county for a family vacation?
- 8 San Francisco Italian Restaurant for 14
- 9 San Diego One Day Itinerary
- 10 road trip Houston-NJ
- 11 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 12 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 13 Philadelphia Airport Hotels with Extended Parking
- 14 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 15 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 16 Getting to Key West
- 17 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 18 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 19 Indoor Waterpark in Wisconsin Dells ?
- 20 Any edits? San Antonio & Austin Itinerary Dec 31st-Jan 5th or 6th
- 21 The Sagamore - Winter Activities
- 22 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 23 Portsmouth NH to NYC
- 24 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 25 Dinner in Miami