This is my second question regarding travel to Death Valley this June. As mentioned in the previous thread, we will be on a four weeks trip from Louisiana to California in May/June. Going west on I-10 and heading back home on I-40. Want to take a detour to Death Valley in our minivan. We have family who will be traveling along with us in a motor home. I have read posts on here about the inadvisability of taking a motorhome from Long Pine, CA through the west entrance of the park, heading east on Hwy. 190, due to the elevation of the pass. So, if our RVing family wants to also visit Death Valley, they would have to go in via a different route. What is your advice regarding traveling to Scotty's Castle via motorhome on June 11? Would you make this trip?
Death Valley in June in a motorhome
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 2 Pyrotechnic Send-off
- 3 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 4 Parking/shuttle near Midway
- 5 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 6 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 7 Florida St George's Island
- 8 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 9 Washington DC in Spring?
- 10 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 11 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 12 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 13 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 14 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 15 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 16 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 17 Weekend in NYC
- 18 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 19 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 20 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 21 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 22 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 23 Breckenridge in October
- 24 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 25 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC