This is my second question regarding travel to Death Valley this June. As mentioned in the previous thread, we will be on a four weeks trip from Louisiana to California in May/June. Going west on I-10 and heading back home on I-40. Want to take a detour to Death Valley in our minivan. We have family who will be traveling along with us in a motor home. I have read posts on here about the inadvisability of taking a motorhome from Long Pine, CA through the west entrance of the park, heading east on Hwy. 190, due to the elevation of the pass. So, if our RVing family wants to also visit Death Valley, they would have to go in via a different route. What is your advice regarding traveling to Scotty's Castle via motorhome on June 11? Would you make this trip?
Death Valley in June in a motorhome
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 2 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 3 New York City and New England
- 4 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14
- 5 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 6 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 7 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 8 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 9 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 10 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 11 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 12 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 13 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 14 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 15 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 16 Best Destination in USA
- 17 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 18 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 19 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 20 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 21 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 22 x mas
- 23 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 24 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 25 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice