This is my second question regarding travel to Death Valley this June. As mentioned in the previous thread, we will be on a four weeks trip from Louisiana to California in May/June. Going west on I-10 and heading back home on I-40. Want to take a detour to Death Valley in our minivan. We have family who will be traveling along with us in a motor home. I have read posts on here about the inadvisability of taking a motorhome from Long Pine, CA through the west entrance of the park, heading east on Hwy. 190, due to the elevation of the pass. So, if our RVing family wants to also visit Death Valley, they would have to go in via a different route. What is your advice regarding traveling to Scotty's Castle via motorhome on June 11? Would you make this trip?
Death Valley in June in a motorhome
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 2 Orlando in March
- 3 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 4 New England September
- 5 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 6 Ackislander
- 7 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 8 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 9 Cross Country RV Trip
- 10 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 11 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 12 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 13 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 14 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 15 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 16 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 17 Disney Hotel. Which should we book?
- 18 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 19 Keith Haring Exhibit at the De Young, San Francisco
- 20 Las Vegas to San Francisco - Kings Canyon or Sequoia National Park?
- 21 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 22 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 23 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 24 Hotels Philly
- 25 Restaurants near Miami Airport