DS#2 is going off to Middlebury College in Vermont in September. I will never be able to retire. We are thinking of driving up 81 to Montreal and returning on 87, stopping to see Middlebury, drop off son, and begin our lives without resident children. At leat two full days of driving. Two days in Middlebury. Leaves three days in Montreal. I'm thinking B&B's. But I'm wondering if maybe Montreal is too much. Maybe better to just explore Vermont. Go on the Ben and Jerry Factory Tour. Get ice cream in a cup. Swim in Lake Champlain. Kayak and bike someplace. Go to a concert, see a museum. Hike. Read. We could always meet DS#2 in Montreal at some time in the future. Unless he flunks out. Which would certainly lower our tuition costs. What would you do?
dc to montreal to middlebury to dc
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 2 Tipping advice
- 3 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 4 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 5 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 6 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 7 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 8 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 9 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 10 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 11 San Diego Little Italy
- 12 Key West Hotel in January
- 13 Healdsburg tips
- 14 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 15 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 16 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 17 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 18 los angeles restaurants
- 19 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 20 Help me plan a trip to Nashville and Memphis.
- 21 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 22 Calf trip
- 23 Trip to Jupiter, FL
- 24 West Maui Restaurants
- 25 Napa/Sonoma hotel confusion...please help