DS#2 is going off to Middlebury College in Vermont in September. I will never be able to retire. We are thinking of driving up 81 to Montreal and returning on 87, stopping to see Middlebury, drop off son, and begin our lives without resident children. At leat two full days of driving. Two days in Middlebury. Leaves three days in Montreal. I'm thinking B&B's. But I'm wondering if maybe Montreal is too much. Maybe better to just explore Vermont. Go on the Ben and Jerry Factory Tour. Get ice cream in a cup. Swim in Lake Champlain. Kayak and bike someplace. Go to a concert, see a museum. Hike. Read. We could always meet DS#2 in Montreal at some time in the future. Unless he flunks out. Which would certainly lower our tuition costs. What would you do?
dc to montreal to middlebury to dc
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 2 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 3 Charlotte restaurant help
- 4 Fancy dining
- 5 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 6 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 7 Concert at Red Rocks in CO
- 8 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 9 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 10 Itinerary opinions
- 11 moving to florida
- 12 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 13 Alaska railroad?
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 16 Top Of the Rock Reservations
- 17 culpepper
- 18 NYC Clubs for live music
- 19 Mesa Verde
- 20 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 21 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 22 Calgary to Banff
- 23 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 24 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 25 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)