I'll be visiting DC this month with a 10-yr old and a 16-yr old for 6 days. I am a little concerned that they will get tired of daily trips to museums and monuments. Any ideas on how to break up the culture with some other activities? Is a tour of the Kennedy Center worth doing, for example? Will going to Annapolis, Arlington or Mt Vernon be different enough? Are there any great parks, movie theaters, or other hang-outs to explore? Or, should we head to the beach for a day or two to experience something different?
DC, nothing but history???
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 2 Kennebunkport and....?
- 3 Travel options from Washington DC to Williamsburg, Virginia
- 4 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 5 Wedding in Hawaii
- 6 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 7 rain in Kauai
- 8 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 9 Alaska cruise and land
- 10 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 11 Alaska Itinerary/Suggestions
- 12 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 13 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 14 Where to go in Maine?
- 15 Jersey City Parking
- 16 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 17 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 18 SF to DR? WTH!
- 19 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 20 NYC Itinerary Help
- 21 WISCONSIN
- 22 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 23 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 24 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 25 Washington DC in May for 4 days