I'll be visiting DC this month with a 10-yr old and a 16-yr old for 6 days. I am a little concerned that they will get tired of daily trips to museums and monuments. Any ideas on how to break up the culture with some other activities? Is a tour of the Kennedy Center worth doing, for example? Will going to Annapolis, Arlington or Mt Vernon be different enough? Are there any great parks, movie theaters, or other hang-outs to explore? Or, should we head to the beach for a day or two to experience something different?
DC, nothing but history???
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 2 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 3 First family ski trip
- 4 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 5 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 6 5 nights in/around Yellowstone w/ kids
- 7 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 8 NYC theatre broadway
- 9 Alaska
- 10 San Diego grocery stores
- 11 San Diego parks and attractions
- 12 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 13 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 14 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 15 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 16 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 17 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 18 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 19 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 20 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 21 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 22 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 23 Visiting Denver
- 24 Visiting Denver
- 25 Planning family gathering in Sedona