I'll be visiting DC this month with a 10-yr old and a 16-yr old for 6 days. I am a little concerned that they will get tired of daily trips to museums and monuments. Any ideas on how to break up the culture with some other activities? Is a tour of the Kennedy Center worth doing, for example? Will going to Annapolis, Arlington or Mt Vernon be different enough? Are there any great parks, movie theaters, or other hang-outs to explore? Or, should we head to the beach for a day or two to experience something different?
DC, nothing but history???
View all United States activity »
- 1 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 2 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 3 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 4 San Antonio
- 5 hotel near Met NYC
- 6 Key West on NYE
- 7 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 8 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 9 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 10 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 11 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 12 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 13 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 14 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 15 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 16 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 17 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 18 Hotel near Public Theater
- 19 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 20 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 21 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 22 Oahu Information
- 23 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 24 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 25 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?