I'll be visiting DC this month with a 10-yr old and a 16-yr old for 6 days. I am a little concerned that they will get tired of daily trips to museums and monuments. Any ideas on how to break up the culture with some other activities? Is a tour of the Kennedy Center worth doing, for example? Will going to Annapolis, Arlington or Mt Vernon be different enough? Are there any great parks, movie theaters, or other hang-outs to explore? Or, should we head to the beach for a day or two to experience something different?
DC, nothing but history???
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yosemite in Winter
- 2 Active Vacation
- 3 Quick SoCal question
- 4 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 5 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 6 3 weeks coast to coast from Boston to San Francisco - Help!
- 7 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 8 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 9 New England September
- 10 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 11 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 14 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 15 Tampa in February
- 16 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 17 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 18 NYC LES Restaurant A Casa Fox
- 19 NYC taxi vs car service
- 20 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 21 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 22 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 23 Austin Food Trucks
- 24 Weekend road trip from Omaha
- 25 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip