If you are in DC, and you buy a Smartrip card to travel on the Metro,DO NOT put more value on it online. Go to a station and add it manually. I registered my card and added 40.00 to it a week ago and it hasn't shown up yet! Everyone I talk to says there's definently a glitch in the system. Other than that I would recommend the Metro for visitors, it's cheap, clean, safe and easy.
DC metro travel-smartrip card
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 2 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 3 San Diego
- 4 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 5 Family Camp in Maine
- 6 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 7 New York City Restaurants
- 8 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 9 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 10 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 11 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 12 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 13 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 14 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 15 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 16 Phoenix restaurants
- 17 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 18 Travel West Coast
- 19 Timeshare Nightmares
- 20 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 21 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 22 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 23 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 24 Brooklyn why?
- 25 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!