If you are in DC, and you buy a Smartrip card to travel on the Metro,DO NOT put more value on it online. Go to a station and add it manually. I registered my card and added 40.00 to it a week ago and it hasn't shown up yet! Everyone I talk to says there's definently a glitch in the system. Other than that I would recommend the Metro for visitors, it's cheap, clean, safe and easy.
DC metro travel-smartrip card
- 1 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 2 Memphis Tours
- 3 D.C. in a day
- 4 Stay between San Francisco and Redwoods?
- 5 Ideas for Northern California trip?
- 6 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 7 A Visit to Charleston
- 8 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 9 Using public transit in San Diego
- 10 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 11 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 12 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 13 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 14 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 15 San Francisco Anniversary Trip
- 16 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 17 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 18 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 19 Florida to Yellowstone to Mt. Rushmore-Sept 2013
- 20 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 21 3 Week Roadtrip Starting in Nashville - Where to Go?!
- 22 Best Marriott Hotels in Hawai?
- 23 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 24 San FRancisco Apt Location - Comments, pls
- 25 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs