Well my plans for seeing Washington DC in early June may need to change due to a possible last minute work upset (still waiting to hear the decision-very aggravating). But after all the hard work and planning and waiting all this time to go, I'm still determined to make it happen.
My concern is, I know it gets rather hot over there and crazy with tourists once kids are out of school...Would going in late June be an absolute no no? How's early/mid July or even August?
Please let me know your thoughts on the weather, and any other pertinent issues that crop up at that time of year. Unfortunately I think I will only be able to go away at some point from late June to possibly parts of July and maybe August only. What do you guys think? Worst possible time of year to go walking and touring around?
I'd love to pick some time frame during the time of year I mentioned, and would really appreciate your expertise on this.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Portland, Crater Lake and coast to LA
- 2 Grand Teton Questions
- 3 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?
- 4 Gabfest in Fredericksburg VA
- 5 Bodega Bay with young kids
- 6 Where to stay in Munising, MI?
- 7 Grand American Road Trip!
- 8 Your favourite places in New York City
- 9 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 10 Best Brunswick Stew in Norfolk, Va
- 11 Santa Cruz and down the coast.
- 12 Rules of the Subway
- 13 Grand Teton Questuons
- 14 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 15 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 16 Visiting Seattle and Vancouver, BC in August, 2016
- 17 Los Angeles, California - Hiking
- 18 Mini Trip Report: Vegas in June-- HOT HOT HOT
- 19 San Francisco - Best place to see street art
- 20 Mystic CT
- 21 Alabama trip in Dec
- 22 Las vegas +21
- 23 Western National Parks Road Trip (Revised)
- 24 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 25 Itinerary Help Bryce and Zion