I am in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Washington DC with my friend. Were in our 20s and looking to stay on a budget. We are not opposed to riding the metro to downtown/the mall where the monuments are since I've noticed its only about 15 minutes by metro from Alexandria. We are looking for somewhere to stay within walking distance of a metro stop and looking to stay under $120. I have found several but am unsure of good neighborhoods and find that some reviews aren't helpful. We are looking to fly out on Sunday, October 2 and fly home Friday afternoon. Thanks for any tips.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 2 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 3 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 4 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 5 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 6 Olympic National Park (3-4 Days)
- 7 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 8 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 9 San Diego VRBO area
- 10 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 11 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 12 Glacier National Park 2018
- 13 Muir Woods in October
- 14 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 15 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 16 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 17 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 18 Southbound lanes at San Ysidro Border Crossing close for 57 hrs.
- 19 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 20 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 21 Colorado Shows Off
- 22 New England Tour
- 23 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 24 help me plan a Cali trip
- 25 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens