I am in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Washington DC with my friend. Were in our 20s and looking to stay on a budget. We are not opposed to riding the metro to downtown/the mall where the monuments are since I've noticed its only about 15 minutes by metro from Alexandria. We are looking for somewhere to stay within walking distance of a metro stop and looking to stay under $120. I have found several but am unsure of good neighborhoods and find that some reviews aren't helpful. We are looking to fly out on Sunday, October 2 and fly home Friday afternoon. Thanks for any tips.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First time to Alaska
- 2 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 3 Help Flying to Portland, Maine
- 4 Hawaii - where?
- 5 Plymouth or Cape Code/NEED help
- 6 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 7 BBQ
- 8 Seattle, Portand, Hood River with kids- short notice
- 9 Broiled Chicken and Sour Milk Biscuits in Delaware?
- 10 Anaheim - no car
- 11 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 12 Pacific Northwest
- 13 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 14 Things to do in NYC
- 15 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 16 Boston thru New Hampshire to Quebec City
- 17 24 days out west
- 18 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 19 Hawaii Cruise
- 20 New York best app
- 21 Last minute: late lunch near Neue Gallerie?
- 22 New Orleans Streetcars
- 23 San Fran & Napa 5/20/2016 - 5/25/2016
- 24 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 25 Shenandoah National park