I am in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Washington DC with my friend. Were in our 20s and looking to stay on a budget. We are not opposed to riding the metro to downtown/the mall where the monuments are since I've noticed its only about 15 minutes by metro from Alexandria. We are looking for somewhere to stay within walking distance of a metro stop and looking to stay under $120. I have found several but am unsure of good neighborhoods and find that some reviews aren't helpful. We are looking to fly out on Sunday, October 2 and fly home Friday afternoon. Thanks for any tips.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 2 Briefly, in WNY
- 3 Post-Alaska cruise ideas July, 2018
- 4 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 5 Seattle Airport to Downtown
- 6 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 7 Hawaii's Rat Lungworm
- 8 Beef on Weck in WNY
- 9 Zion and Bryce... which to do first
- 10 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 11 accessible shuttes from Nashville airport to Omni Hotel
- 12 prepaid broadband for ipad
- 13 Anna Maria Island--is north end "too" quiet?
- 14 October New England Honeymoon??
- 15 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 16 Zion National Park
- 17 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 18 Luggage Storage at ORD (Hilton)
- 19 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 20 What to do in Asheville
- 21 Good restaurant in Topeka, KS
- 22 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 23 Denver to Yellowstone
- 24 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 25 Boulder, CO vs Denver, CO