During our upcoming trip to Lake Tahoe starting the Saturday before Memorial Day and ending on the Sunday after Memorial Day, we want to drive over to Sacramento one day. One purpose of our trip is to hit Nordstrom Rack since we do not have access to that usually wonderful store in Memphis. On a brief trip to Sacramento in 2006, we took time to tour the Capitol, stroll the pretty Capitol grounds, and do a quick walking tour of downtown. From those of you who know the city well, what unique sights should we seek out and what nice dining experiences for lunch and dinner should we look for? Thanks for the insights!
Day Trip to Sacramento from Tahoe: Suggested Sightseeing & Dining
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 2 Death Valley in June
- 3 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 4 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 5 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 6 Oahu ideas
- 7 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 8 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 9 San Diego grocery stores
- 10 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 11 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 12 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 13 West Coast Bound End of March
- 14 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 15 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 16 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 17 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 18 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 19 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 20 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 21 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 22 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 23 Best places to move to Florida?
- 24 Juneau May 8th
- 25 Memphis or Chattanooga for family