A friend of mine's father got diagnosed with ALS in January 4 days after his 60th birthday. I know what he is going through as my grandfather had it. Over the last month, he has gotten progressively worse and it doesnt look like it will be long. My friend decided he needed to get out of here for a day and go to a baseball game. Twist my arm!!! We tried for Red Sox tickets but they were sold out for Saturday's game. But there were Braves vs Mets tickets so we grabbed 2 Upper Deck seats.
My friends brother lives in LA and hasn't been able to come home as much as he wants or probably should have. He called me on Friday that he was flying into JFK on Saturday and meeting up with us at the game. He asked me to keep it a surprise for his brother. His flight landed around 3pm or so.
The 2 of us coming from Hartford and drove to Milford to take Metro North into NYC. We got on the 7:40 am train. There is construction going on the tracks currently so the train is taking longer. Not a big deal. 1 benefit of parking in Milford rather than New Haven is that the commuter lots are free on weekends.
On the train, we decided to change from the Intrepid Museum to go to the Natural History Museum as my friend wants to bring his niece to the Intrepid later this summer. We got to Grand Central around 9:30 and took the subway to AMNH. There was construction on the tracks so no local service to the museum. It took 3 transfers to get there but we weren't in a rush. Had I had time to look this up beforehand, I would have gotten off Metro North at Harlem / 125th St and taken the subway from there to save these transfers but not a big deal.
more to come
Day Trip to NYC and Citi Field (June 4)
- 1 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 2 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 3 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 4 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 5 Savanah Sojourn
- 6 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 7 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 8 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 9 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 10 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 11 Old Fall River Road closed in Rocky Mountain National Park through 2014
- 12 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 13 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 14 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 15 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 16 Warm and don't Drive
- 17 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 18 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 19 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 20 Madison Square Garden
- 21 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 22 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 23 St. Augustine, Florida
- 24 hotel near Met NYC
- 25 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!