A friend of mine's father got diagnosed with ALS in January 4 days after his 60th birthday. I know what he is going through as my grandfather had it. Over the last month, he has gotten progressively worse and it doesnt look like it will be long. My friend decided he needed to get out of here for a day and go to a baseball game. Twist my arm!!! We tried for Red Sox tickets but they were sold out for Saturday's game. But there were Braves vs Mets tickets so we grabbed 2 Upper Deck seats.
My friends brother lives in LA and hasn't been able to come home as much as he wants or probably should have. He called me on Friday that he was flying into JFK on Saturday and meeting up with us at the game. He asked me to keep it a surprise for his brother. His flight landed around 3pm or so.
The 2 of us coming from Hartford and drove to Milford to take Metro North into NYC. We got on the 7:40 am train. There is construction going on the tracks currently so the train is taking longer. Not a big deal. 1 benefit of parking in Milford rather than New Haven is that the commuter lots are free on weekends.
On the train, we decided to change from the Intrepid Museum to go to the Natural History Museum as my friend wants to bring his niece to the Intrepid later this summer. We got to Grand Central around 9:30 and took the subway to AMNH. There was construction on the tracks so no local service to the museum. It took 3 transfers to get there but we weren't in a rush. Had I had time to look this up beforehand, I would have gotten off Metro North at Harlem / 125th St and taken the subway from there to save these transfers but not a big deal.
more to come
Day Trip to NYC and Citi Field (June 4)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Please advise: Mobile Natchez Nola or Mobile Nola Natchez Nola?
- 2 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 3 Best way to drive from Newport RI to Salem MA?
- 4 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 5 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 6 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 7 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 8 Hilton Midtown New York
- 9 YNP, GT and Driggs 10 day trip 8/13-8/22 - great time was had by all!
- 10 Tour companies
- 11 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 12 Round trip from Chicago
- 13 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 14 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 15 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 16 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 17 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 18 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 19 Apartment Rentals DC
- 20 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 21 Sundance Grand Canyon tours
- 22 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 23 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving from SF to LA in 3d/2n
- 24 Vegas hotels for families
- 25 Autumn trip in in the Northeast United States