A friend of mine's father got diagnosed with ALS in January 4 days after his 60th birthday. I know what he is going through as my grandfather had it. Over the last month, he has gotten progressively worse and it doesnt look like it will be long. My friend decided he needed to get out of here for a day and go to a baseball game. Twist my arm!!! We tried for Red Sox tickets but they were sold out for Saturday's game. But there were Braves vs Mets tickets so we grabbed 2 Upper Deck seats.
My friends brother lives in LA and hasn't been able to come home as much as he wants or probably should have. He called me on Friday that he was flying into JFK on Saturday and meeting up with us at the game. He asked me to keep it a surprise for his brother. His flight landed around 3pm or so.
The 2 of us coming from Hartford and drove to Milford to take Metro North into NYC. We got on the 7:40 am train. There is construction going on the tracks currently so the train is taking longer. Not a big deal. 1 benefit of parking in Milford rather than New Haven is that the commuter lots are free on weekends.
On the train, we decided to change from the Intrepid Museum to go to the Natural History Museum as my friend wants to bring his niece to the Intrepid later this summer. We got to Grand Central around 9:30 and took the subway to AMNH. There was construction on the tracks so no local service to the museum. It took 3 transfers to get there but we weren't in a rush. Had I had time to look this up beforehand, I would have gotten off Metro North at Harlem / 125th St and taken the subway from there to save these transfers but not a big deal.
more to come
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How much in 7 days on West Coast?
- 2 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 3 Where to stay for three nights after Volcanoes National Park
- 4 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 5 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
- 6 Coffee in Boston?
- 7 Nashville Never Been
- 8 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 9 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 10 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 11 Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas
- 12 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 13 Traveling in winter
- 14 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 15 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 16 Charleston & Savannah Lodging
- 17 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 18 New orleans recs for family
- 19 Ideas for February Road Trip from San Francisco?
- 20 Later Winter around Mobile
- 21 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 22 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 23 Uber boston
- 24 Florida keys trip
- 25 Steamboat Springs, CO