A friend of mine's father got diagnosed with ALS in January 4 days after his 60th birthday. I know what he is going through as my grandfather had it. Over the last month, he has gotten progressively worse and it doesnt look like it will be long. My friend decided he needed to get out of here for a day and go to a baseball game. Twist my arm!!! We tried for Red Sox tickets but they were sold out for Saturday's game. But there were Braves vs Mets tickets so we grabbed 2 Upper Deck seats.
My friends brother lives in LA and hasn't been able to come home as much as he wants or probably should have. He called me on Friday that he was flying into JFK on Saturday and meeting up with us at the game. He asked me to keep it a surprise for his brother. His flight landed around 3pm or so.
The 2 of us coming from Hartford and drove to Milford to take Metro North into NYC. We got on the 7:40 am train. There is construction going on the tracks currently so the train is taking longer. Not a big deal. 1 benefit of parking in Milford rather than New Haven is that the commuter lots are free on weekends.
On the train, we decided to change from the Intrepid Museum to go to the Natural History Museum as my friend wants to bring his niece to the Intrepid later this summer. We got to Grand Central around 9:30 and took the subway to AMNH. There was construction on the tracks so no local service to the museum. It took 3 transfers to get there but we weren't in a rush. Had I had time to look this up beforehand, I would have gotten off Metro North at Harlem / 125th St and taken the subway from there to save these transfers but not a big deal.
more to come
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 2 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 3 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 4 Boston waterfront Italian
- 5 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 6 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 7 Day in Spokane
- 8 Zion and Bryce in July
- 9 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 10 Kids Vacation Place
- 11 East United State - what do you reccomend ?
- 12 First time, Best business class?
- 13 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 14 What to pack
- 15 Napa valley getaway
- 16 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016
- 17 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 18 summer vacation
- 19 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 20 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 21 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 22 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 23 Spa at THE Hotel at Mandalay Bay
- 24 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 25 Itinerary Help Needed