A friend of mine's father got diagnosed with ALS in January 4 days after his 60th birthday. I know what he is going through as my grandfather had it. Over the last month, he has gotten progressively worse and it doesnt look like it will be long. My friend decided he needed to get out of here for a day and go to a baseball game. Twist my arm!!! We tried for Red Sox tickets but they were sold out for Saturday's game. But there were Braves vs Mets tickets so we grabbed 2 Upper Deck seats.
My friends brother lives in LA and hasn't been able to come home as much as he wants or probably should have. He called me on Friday that he was flying into JFK on Saturday and meeting up with us at the game. He asked me to keep it a surprise for his brother. His flight landed around 3pm or so.
The 2 of us coming from Hartford and drove to Milford to take Metro North into NYC. We got on the 7:40 am train. There is construction going on the tracks currently so the train is taking longer. Not a big deal. 1 benefit of parking in Milford rather than New Haven is that the commuter lots are free on weekends.
On the train, we decided to change from the Intrepid Museum to go to the Natural History Museum as my friend wants to bring his niece to the Intrepid later this summer. We got to Grand Central around 9:30 and took the subway to AMNH. There was construction on the tracks so no local service to the museum. It took 3 transfers to get there but we weren't in a rush. Had I had time to look this up beforehand, I would have gotten off Metro North at Harlem / 125th St and taken the subway from there to save these transfers but not a big deal.
more to come
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Going to niagara falls but want to go nyc
- 2 Vines in the Auxois Hills Once Again
- 3 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 4 First Time to California
- 5 Roadtrip Around U.S
- 6 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 7 Road Trip from NJ TO SC
- 8 Paso Robles Wineries/Vineyards
- 9 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 10 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 11 Vintage Subway Cars in Operation for the 2015 Holiday Season
- 12 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 13 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 14 Driving to Yellowstone,Grand Teton and Glacier from MN
- 15 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 16 Angels Landing
- 17 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 18 San Francisco and Napa
- 19 San Diego on New Year's Eve
- 20 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 21 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 22 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?
- 23 California RV baby and child seats
- 24 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 25 Dependable Airport Hotel Shuttlebus