A friend of mine's father got diagnosed with ALS in January 4 days after his 60th birthday. I know what he is going through as my grandfather had it. Over the last month, he has gotten progressively worse and it doesnt look like it will be long. My friend decided he needed to get out of here for a day and go to a baseball game. Twist my arm!!! We tried for Red Sox tickets but they were sold out for Saturday's game. But there were Braves vs Mets tickets so we grabbed 2 Upper Deck seats.
My friends brother lives in LA and hasn't been able to come home as much as he wants or probably should have. He called me on Friday that he was flying into JFK on Saturday and meeting up with us at the game. He asked me to keep it a surprise for his brother. His flight landed around 3pm or so.
The 2 of us coming from Hartford and drove to Milford to take Metro North into NYC. We got on the 7:40 am train. There is construction going on the tracks currently so the train is taking longer. Not a big deal. 1 benefit of parking in Milford rather than New Haven is that the commuter lots are free on weekends.
On the train, we decided to change from the Intrepid Museum to go to the Natural History Museum as my friend wants to bring his niece to the Intrepid later this summer. We got to Grand Central around 9:30 and took the subway to AMNH. There was construction on the tracks so no local service to the museum. It took 3 transfers to get there but we weren't in a rush. Had I had time to look this up beforehand, I would have gotten off Metro North at Harlem / 125th St and taken the subway from there to save these transfers but not a big deal.
more to come
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lodging near Zion National Park
- 2 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
- 3 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 4 First Trip to Texas -
- 5 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 6 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 7 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 8 Road to Hana - tour company or on your own
- 9 New Hampshire
- 10 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 11 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 12 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 13 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 14 Beaches in Florida
- 15 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 16 Nashville Questions
- 17 Best stay, park & fly hotel near Boston Logan airport?
- 18 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 19 Downtown Chicago
- 20 Pittsburgh to New York City
- 21 Transportation from Lahaina to Kaanapali Westin
- 22 Charleston Hotel Question
- 23 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 24 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 25 Driving to Naples fl