my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Jose Airport to Paso Robles
- 2 Notom-Burr or Rt 12 from Capitol Reef to Bryce
- 3 Girls' Getaway
- 4 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 5 New York City - apartment locations
- 6 Car Rental in Sedona
- 7 places to stay south coast long island NY
- 8 Murray Hill NYC restaurants
- 9 NYC hotel/July
- 10 3-Days Driving from Denver to Santa Fe: Suggestions?
- 11 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 12 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 13 new york subway help please
- 14 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 15 las vegas, zion, bryce , grandcanyon, page (antelope canyon), sedona,
- 16 Local Bus from Lake Powell resort to Page, AZ
- 17 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 18 Overnight at the airport or into Manhattan at midnight?
- 19 East coast itinerary for 10 days from Toronto
- 20 Sheraton Maui or Maui Marriott Ocean Club
- 21 Vegas,Sedona,GC,Page,Bryce,Zion
- 22 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 23 NYC with my 13 year old
- 24 Las Vegas must sees
- 25 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC