my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston
- 1 Pine or Deckers as a place to meet (Lost Creek Wilderness)
- 2 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 3 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 4 Erie Canal - Finger Lakes Region - Day Trip?
- 5 Girls Getaway Suggestions?- Wisconsin Dells
- 6 Wisconsin Dells with teenagers
- 7 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 8 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 9 Oregon & Washington: What are we missing, as we're big fans already?
- 10 Lake Tahoe
- 11 Baseball Road Trip
- 12 DC with Kids Trip Report
- 13 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 14 Moab and Bluff
- 15 Provo, UT Accomodations Recommendation?
- 16 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 17 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 18 What area to stay in for Memphis
- 19 Seatlle, WA
- 20 Car for Embassy Suites Austin
- 21 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 22 Amtrak to DC, then sightseeing
- 23 Summer in Telluride, CO
- 24 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 25 Whislter or Rocky Mountain?