my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Nantucket vs. Jersey Shore
- 2 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 3 http://www.topadvancingincome.com/moviestarplanet-hacks/
- 4 Need NYC help. Need to get from city out to Millford, NJ.
- 5 Maine in late October
- 6 Mendocino Hiking
- 7 Running kissimmee Florida
- 8 One afternoon and evening to kill in San Fran
- 9 Looking for pretty waterfront hotel for weekend trip from Detroit
- 10 LOWER Antelope Canyon
- 11 Monterey whale watching
- 12 Salt Lake City to Northern California or Oregon trip
- 13 Aug Weekend Colorado - Stay in Carbondale, Snowmass or Redstone
- 14 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 15 5 days in Portland and Willamette wine country
- 16 Coast Starlight Amtrak
- 17 Mackinac or Holland?
- 18 Grand Canyon Rafting - paddle, oar, or motorized
- 19 Memphis to Dallas
- 20 Ideas for 2 day/1 night Oct. side trip from NYC
- 21 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 22 The New Whitney
- 23 1.5 days in Chicago
- 24 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 25 Highway 1 motels
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston