my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How To Looks Fine
- 2 Vegas in mid may
- 3 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 4 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 5 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 6 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 7 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 8 from Moab to Bryce
- 9 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 10 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 11 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 12 Phoenix/Tucson Airport Shuttles
- 13 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 14 Taxi from LGA to midtown, best route
- 15 Hana from the aiport
- 16 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 17 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 18 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 19 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 20 condo in Florida for 2016?
- 21 Driving Seattle to Lethbridge
- 22 Big Island touring – clockwise best?
- 23 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 24 San Diego-Hotel
- 25 Los Angeles day trips