my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 2 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 3 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 4 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 5 West Coast Bound End of March
- 6 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 7 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 8 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 9 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 10 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 11 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 12 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 13 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 14 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 15 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 16 Best places to move to Florida?
- 17 Juneau May 8th
- 18 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 19 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 20 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 21 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 22 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 23 Rental car drop before entering NYC
- 24 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 25 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?