my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rhode Island Get Away
- 2 JFK Terminal 4 to Terminal 8
- 3 Visiting Kauai...NEXT week!!
- 4 Lead in me in the right direction for our first Hawaii trip
- 5 Venice, CA area
- 6 Avis or Budget from LAX
- 7 New England Tour
- 8 Tahoe - Plumpjack Inn vs. Basecamp Hotel
- 9 NYC - Pastrami sandwich near library, Grand Central Station, St Patrick's
- 10 Colorado October 16-25, 2017
- 11 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 12 Blue Ridge Parkway/Great Smoky Mountains
- 13 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 14 Visiting Kauai...NEXT WEEK!!
- 15 Please help us find a wonderful boutique hotel in the western U.S.
- 16 Adirondacks trip repot
- 17 beach chair and umbrella rentals in carmel?
- 18 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 19 CLT connection times, Charlotte
- 20 Grand Circle Trip from Ohio
- 21 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 22 Las Vegas in February - hotel recommendations please
- 23 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 24 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 25 Hotel Picks - Kauai
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston