my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 North Oregon Coast touring
- 2 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 3 Help Please: From JFK to 5th Avenue?
- 4 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 5 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 6 Itinerary help for a 3-night stay in NYC?
- 7 Marthas Vineyard Ferry Questions
- 8 Yosemite/SNP/SFO itinerary
- 9 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 10 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 11 Maine for 9 Days- Where to begin??
- 12 Texas exploring for 18 days
- 13 flying from los angeles to see the south ??
- 14 5 Things Not to Miss in NYC?
- 15 Magazine St. and Garden District favorites
- 16 New Orleans to Savannah two weeks
- 17 Drive from Santa Barbara to La Jolla on sunday 2 august ?
- 18 How to break up trip between San Francisco and Laguna Niguel
- 19 Michigan advice needed
- 20 Minneapolis to Yellowstone and back.
- 21 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 22 Brit worried about weather in Santa Barbara !
- 23 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 24 North Fork Vineyards/ Greenport Long Island trip planning
- 25 7 days in Colorado with Family
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston