my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 camaro hire in waikiki
- 2 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 3 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 4 How to dress in Vegas
- 5 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 6 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 7 Las vegas-Zion-Bryce-Antelope
- 8 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 9 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 10 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 11 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 12 charlotte
- 13 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 14 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 15 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 16 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 17 Sonoma or napa?
- 18 USA trip
- 19 Black Hills Trip Report
- 20 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 21 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 22 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 23 Cape Cod in October
- 24 Air Connections on Maui
- 25 Theater Historians