my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to try hot-air ballooning?
- 2 Burlingame, CA restaurants?
- 3 Santa Monica / Venice Beach flat or house for a week
- 4 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 5 Utah/Vegas road trip - directions
- 6 Trip Report Video Washington D.C. with Kids
- 7 Where to stay in NYC
- 8 Wailea Restaurants?
- 9 Hawaii Trip in May
- 10 Washington State Anniversary Weekend Getaway
- 11 DC -> Boulder
- 12 Colorado - Photography
- 13 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 14 Seattle, WA, USA/Victoria, B.C., Canada
- 15 Please help with 4 day trip to Seattle and Vancouver
- 16 NYC: (Mostly) Solo, and (Mostly) No Top Tens!
- 17 Haunted Attractions for Halloween
- 18 Agriturisimos in Napa, Sonoma?
- 19 Please help with trip planning for Seattle, Victoria, Vancouver
- 20 New Orleans weekend, plus a shout out to Sandra Bullock
- 21 Family Trip- 4 Nights- DC & Richmond
- 22 Sedona sold out!
- 23 Overnight stay in N Central Idaho
- 24 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 25 Sanibel-Captiva adult getaway
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston