my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 2 Niagara Falls.
- 3 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 4 Where in NOLA to stay?
- 5 1st trip to Colorado
- 6 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 7 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 8 road trip during husbands bday
- 9 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 10 Detroit - Something Fun to Do?
- 11 Juneau cruise stop
- 12 Trip Starting from New York
- 13 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 14 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 15 Universal Orlando 2.5 days
- 16 Nat Park Trip in Utah - Too Much??
- 17 California Summer weather/ clothing
- 18 cruising the Mississippi river
- 19 Your favourite places in New York City
- 20 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 21 New England Canada Road Trip
- 22 Travel between Orlando and Boston.
- 23 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 24 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 25 Napa Valley Hotel
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston