my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston
- 1 Savanah Sojourn
- 2 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 3 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 4 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 5 Christmas Day Dinner in Charleston SC
- 6 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 7 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 8 pa to az
- 9 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 10 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 11 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 12 RIP Judy Rogers
- 13 Calling Cards for Hawaii Travelers?
- 14 Princeville in January
- 15 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 16 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 17 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 18 Warm and don't Drive
- 19 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 20 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 21 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 22 Yountville or Napa in February??
- 23 6 Reasons Hawaii Will Ruin Your Life
- 24 Hotel Survey - UCSD student
- 25 4 Day Trip to Colorado