my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 2 Arlington funeral plans
- 3 Driving from Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death Valley in December?
- 4 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 5 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 6 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 7 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 8 destin resorts
- 9 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 10 Nice hotel / B&B in Tucson - January
- 11 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 12 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 13 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 14 NOLA Trip Report, October 2015
- 15 Relocating to the Deep South
- 16 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 17 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 18 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 19 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 20 Nashville Weekend Bachelorette Trip
- 21 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 22 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 23 Airfares in the 1970's
- 24 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride
- 25 Budget hotel San Francisco
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston