my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 2 Mesa Verde
- 3 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 4 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 5 Seattle Hyatts
- 6 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 7 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 8 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 9 5 days and 4 nights outside of San Francisco
- 10 California road trip
- 11 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 12 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 13 Best beach in San Diego for family vacation ages 8-16
- 14 San Diego - wher to stay
- 15 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 16 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 17 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 18 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 19 Berkshires in late October
- 20 2 day in Adirondack park
- 21 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 22 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 23 NYC Clubs for live music
- 24 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 25 Three Days In Portland, Maine