my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston
- 1 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 2 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 3 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 4 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 5 Question about Boulder area
- 6 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 7 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 8 Christmas Holidays in Arizona
- 9 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 10 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 11 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 12 Vero Beach FL
- 13 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 14 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 15 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 16 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 17 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 18 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 19 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 20 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 21 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 22 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 23 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 24 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 25 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?