my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October
- 2 Metro Card Options
- 3 getting around DC
- 4 California
- 5 Road Trip: Seattle to San Francisco in November
- 6 San Diego with Kids
- 7 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 8 Travel between Maui and Big Island
- 9 4 day trip from Denver this fall - First time in the Rockies - Where to go?
- 10 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 11 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper August 2014 on the Canadian board - Alberta
- 12 Oregon Wildfire Reports
- 13 Carmel by the sea to Las Vegas by road
- 14 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 15 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 16 Car Rental UK Drivers License
- 17 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 18 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 19 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 20 4 week family trip ideas
- 21 advice for San jose to Napa limo
- 22 Oahu
- 23 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?
- 24 One day trip to New york or Washington DC (First visit)!
- 25 Washington DC and Philadelphia