my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Skiing New Mexico
- 2 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 3 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 4 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 5 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 6 Where to from Tampa?
- 7 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 8 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 9 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 10 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 11 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 12 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 13 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 14 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 15 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 16 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 17 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 18 Thinking about moving from PA to Florida (Dr. Phillips area of Orlando)
- 19 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 20 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 21 Drive from Grand Canyon to Prescott next week
- 22 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 23 Special Occasion/Fancy Dress shops in South Florida
- 24 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)
- 25 Is the New York subway safe?