my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 2 Sonoma
- 3 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 4 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 5 New Orleans
- 6 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 7 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 8 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments
- 9 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 10 Alaska cruise
- 11 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 12 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 13 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 14 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 15 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 16 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 17 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 18 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 19 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 20 AR State Parks
- 21 California Trip
- 22 101 closure
- 23 Drive Mt Ranier to Port Angeles- any can't miss sites along the way?
- 24 14 day road trip from Birmingham Alabama to Yellowstone part
- 25 Chadd's Ford/Andrew Wyeth
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston