my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 2 Boston/Fenway park
- 3 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 4 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 5 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass
- 6 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 7 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 8 Atlanta with kids
- 9 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 10 Any nice Family Camps near Lake Winnepesauki?
- 11 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 12 New York City Restaurants
- 13 Cabaret seating at Studio 54 - huh?
- 14 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 15 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 16 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 17 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 18 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 19 Family Camp in Maine
- 20 San Diego
- 21 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 22 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 23 Timeshare Nightmares
- 24 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles