my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 2 Parka in PA during February?
- 3 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 4 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 5 Ideas for New York
- 6 Cross country tips
- 7 Back from the Big Easy
- 8 Three relaxing weeks in Palm Springs
- 9 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 10 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 11 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 12 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 13 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 14 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 15 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 16 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 17 IAH to HOU Questions
- 18 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 19 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 20 Jazzfest side trips
- 21 March in New Mexico
- 22 No Spam this morning!!
- 23 San Francisco transit options
- 24 yosemite -grand canyon- bryce and zion
- 25 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston