my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 2 Relocating to the Deep South
- 3 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 4 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 5 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 6 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 7 Budget NYC hotel
- 8 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 9 Timeshare on Cape Cod
- 10 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 11 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 12 Best place for first night; Beach?
- 13 San Francisco and Napa
- 14 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 15 Will be in Palm Springs CA November 14-29, 2015
- 16 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 17 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 18 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 19 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 20 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 21 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 22 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 23 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 24 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 25 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston