my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 2 'Merca! My National Parks road trip.
- 3 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 4 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
- 5 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 6 A Delectable Brunch At The Presidio in San Francisco
- 7 US Open Tennis
- 8 Boston/New England late Sept. with children
- 9 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 10 Hotels in San Diego
- 11 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 12 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 13 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 14 Seattle Area Trip Help
- 15 Florida itinerary- your thought please
- 16 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 17 Southampton to JFK drive time and car service
- 18 Go NY Tour bus accident - 15 hurt
- 19 Cape cod, Vermont and Newyork
- 20 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 21 Rhode Island Beach Vacation?
- 22 Oregon road trip
- 23 Girl's trip to San Francisco
- 24 Dad & 15 year old daughter in NYC
- 25 Monterey peninsula traffic Labor Day weekend.
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston