my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Santa Fe Itineray
- 2 Big Sure in June
- 3 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 4 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 5 best health clubs with lap pools
- 6 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 7 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 8 Retiring to Tucson
- 9 universal studios and disney
- 10 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 11 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 12 Spring Break @ Big Bend
- 13 Arches Devils Garden
- 14 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 15 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 16 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 17 Savannah hotel
- 18 Utah National Parks visit
- 19 marriot cypress harbour
- 20 Hotel in Reno
- 21 Hwy 1/Big Sur Update
- 22 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 23 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 24 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 25 Oregon: Portland, Redwood NP, Crater Lake
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston