my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 2 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 5 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 6 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 7 NYC theatre broadway
- 8 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 9 First family ski trip
- 10 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 11 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 12 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 13 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 14 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 15 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 16 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 17 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 18 Visiting Denver
- 19 Visiting Denver
- 20 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 21 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 22 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 23 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 24 Denver in a half day
- 25 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando