my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 2 Hawaii Volcanoes
- 3 Visit to the top of the Statue of Liberty
- 4 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 5 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 6 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 7 5 days in Colorado
- 8 Safety Concerns
- 9 Should I go ahed with our Disney World trip over Easter
- 10 40th in Key West
- 11 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 12 Downtown Chicago
- 13 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 14 Planning Honeymoon with Handicapped fiance
- 15 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 16 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 17 What to do in San Diego
- 18 Nashville
- 19 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 20 Beaches in Florida
- 21 fort lauderdale
- 22 First Trip to Texas -
- 23 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 24 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
- 25 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston