my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 2 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 3 culpepper
- 4 moving to florida
- 5 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 6 Hotel near Miami airport
- 7 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 8 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 9 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 10 Does anyone have a place on Cape Cod?
- 11 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 12 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 13 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 14 Mesa Verde
- 15 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 16 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 17 Road Trip SW
- 18 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 19 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 20 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 21 Chicago trip
- 22 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 23 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 24 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 25 Santa Barbara, California