my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago Information Need for a Possible Trip
- 2 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 3 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 4 What is the best place to spend in summers in Texas?
- 5 Italian cookies in Minneapolis area
- 6 Lodging between Edenton NC and Washington DC?
- 7 Whcih is the best fashion store chain
- 8 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 9 Quick NYC trip review: Girls Gone Wild Part Deux
- 10 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 11 Thoughts for two 14 yr old boys who enjoy NYC,Chicago/sneakers.
- 12 Salt Lake City
- 13 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 14 Boston Marathon spectator questions
- 15 Another Key West trip in the books!
- 16 Disneyland for a Day, One park or park hopper?
- 17 Help planning vacation to Vancouver, Seattle & San Juan Islands
- 18 Savannah GA
- 19 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 20 Beach holiday with baby
- 21 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 22 Kennebunkport, Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard
- 23 Seattle hotels
- 24 Things to do around New York
- 25 Dining in Carmel - midweek but special occasion?