my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston
- 1 Charleston, SC and Wild Dunes
- 2 National Parks?
- 3 Going to Dodge City, Kansas
- 4 Death Valley in November
- 5 Columbus food !
- 6 Hotels in NYC 26th-29th August (2013)
- 7 One day in NYC
- 8 Blue ridge parkway
- 9 Minnesota State Fair
- 10 Cast Party at Birdland Monday nights
- 11 Another apartment rental scam in NYC
- 12 Chicago Architectural Tours
- 13 Great Beach's
- 14 Jackson Hole & Yellowstone
- 15 Best ice cream in Charleston
- 16 Fires in Colorado
- 17 Hotels in New Orleans
- 18 Seattle in July
- 19 1st trip to Los Angeles
- 20 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 21 Texas & the Deep South Road Trip Feb/March 2013
- 22 Circular road trip for 8 days from New York including Niagra Falls
- 23 Kauai Timeshare Recommendations
- 24 timeshare: good idea or no? Please help!
- 25 New York, New York...my kind of town