my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need a corporate sedan in JFK
- 2 Champaigne, Illinois
- 3 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 4 Mid September New England trip itinerary
- 5 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 6 2 hour radius of Boston 9/7
- 7 Farewell from Ira
- 8 Cashless Toll roads.
- 9 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 10 taking home sand
- 11 Suggestions for Thanksgiving weekend on Cape Cod
- 12 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 13 Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 14 Once again, another great trip to DC (August 23-30)
- 15 Long weekend in New Orleans
- 16 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 17 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple
- 18 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
- 19 Back From Alaska
- 20 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 21 Driving from Austin to San Francisco
- 22 San Diego July 2016 - an FYI
- 23 Driving Trip to Idaho
- 24 Finding the right moving company. (Calgary to Seattle!)
- 25 orlando need a car?
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston