my fiance and I are travelling to Las Vegas in Mid-March. We have one free day, but have to be back in Las Vegas by 9pm to catch our flight home. We were initially thinking of getting a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon, but think we'd rather rent a car and drive somewhere. Is it feasable to drive to the Grand Canyon, soak it in for a few hours, and get back to Vegas for 9pm or would it be a mad rush? Would it be a better day trip to go West through Red Rock, Mt Charleston area, and Death Valley? Or... would our initial idea of a chopper ride be worth the expense?
I love driving btw, so that isn't an issue. The timing is the problem.
Any thoughts would be helpful!
Day trip from Las Vegas. Grand Canyon or Death Valley/RedRock/Charleston
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 2 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 3 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 4 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 5 SF to DR? WTH!
- 6 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 7 Kennebunkport and....?
- 8 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 9 NYC Itinerary Help
- 10 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 11 WISCONSIN
- 12 rain in Kauai
- 13 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 14 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 15 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 16 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 17 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 18 Jersey City Parking
- 19 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 20 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 21 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 22 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 23 Washington, DC to Boston
- 24 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 25 Where to go in Maine?