Hi, we are planning a week on Dauphin Island in July 2011, and are wondering if anyone can tell us what we might expect in terms of water/beach conditions and local seafood (i.e., is it safe to eat)? I've heard/seen mixed reports on both, so any insight would be greatly appreciated. This will be our first time on the Gulf Coast, and we are traveling with children ages 11 and 7 as well. Thanks!
Dauphin Island, Al -- post BP Spill
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 historic small western towns - with shopping district, dino digs??
- 2 Hang out, Low Key, Getaway Area?
- 3 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 4 West Maui Restaurants
- 5 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 6 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 7 New Orleans Motel Question
- 8 Getting to Key West
- 9 How the fairytale of New York can become a nightmare
- 10 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 11 San Francisco Italian Restaurant for 14
- 12 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 13 Is Coral Gables or Miami a shorter distance to the Everglades?
- 14 Indoor Waterpark in Wisconsin Dells ?
- 15 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 16 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 17 Best non-tourist trap restaurants in South Beach
- 18 Happy Hour
- 19 Wisconsin Dells, Lake Geneva or Door county for a family vacation?
- 20 San Diego One Day Itinerary
- 21 road trip Houston-NJ
- 22 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 23 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 24 Philadelphia Airport Hotels with Extended Parking
- 25 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast