I am planning a trip this weekend,leaving this Friday, but cant decide between Dallas and San Antonio. Actually, it has mostly to do with the weather. The weather just got quite chilly here. I hear that it gets quite windy in Dallas and cold, whipping winds can be quite uncomfortable. In San Antonio, I would probably be spending most of my time at River Walk. However, again, cold evening could make the walk with 9-month old baby a bit unpleasant. As per weather report, it would be low 70s in the day, which is good, but low 50s in the evening this Friday. So, perhaps, I should wait till it gets a bit warmer?
If I do end up in Dallas, could you recommend places to go? I am not much into museums or art. Places popular among the locals, shopping and just exploring the city would be our main interests.
If I end up in San Antonio, is the day after Thanksgiving a good time to visit River Walk or is everything closed and deserted? Also, have they setup all those christmas lights yet?
Dallas or San Antonio
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 2 USA with a 3 year old
- 3 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 4 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 5 NYC theatre broadway
- 6 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 7 First family ski trip
- 8 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 9 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 10 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 11 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 12 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 13 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 14 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 15 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 16 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 17 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 18 Universal studios/Orlando
- 19 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 20 Wedding venue in NH
- 21 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 22 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 23 San Diego parks and attractions
- 24 Alaska
- 25 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah