Traveling to Dallas for a conference next weekend. We are staying at The Adolphus, arrive Sat afternoon. Conference starts Sunday evening and then my husband will have lots of time to himself on Monday and Tuesday.
I am looking forward to the Art Museum and the Schoolbook Depository. We'd like to go to the Maverick's game Sat PM but tix are pricey.
We are (sigh) early 40s (or I will be next week!), we like sports, love history and art, I am a shopper but he is not. We enjoy walking tours, good food, and museums. Keeping that in mind, here are my questions-
1. Odds of getting tix cheap on the street before the game?
2. Favorite restaurants? We would really like a good Tex Mex meal!
3. Would you rent a car in Dallas? Or get around with cabs and avoid parking fees at the hotel?
4. Thoughts on the Stockyards in Fort Worth?
5. Any suggestions on other things to do while we are there?
6. Where would you watch the BCS Championship Monday PM? We'd like lively but not rowdy, somewhere that the emphasis is more on the game than drinking.
Thanks so much!
Dallas next weekend
- 1 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 2 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 3 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 4 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 5 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 6 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 7 Minneapolis Hotel
- 8 Place for lunch in Philly?
- 9 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 10 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 11 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 12 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 13 Washington Wineries
- 14 Luxor Egypt
- 15 MERIDIAN HILL PARK DRUM CIRCLE
- 16 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 17 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 18 Seward to Anchorage
- 19 California, Northern
- 20 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 21 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 22 New York City Parking
- 23 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 24 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 25 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!