We have booked a cruise / tour on Holland America to Alaska this August. We are starting in Vancouver and taking a land tour to Denali ending in Fairbanks. We have stops on our cruise at Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway. I am interested in the excursions that are booked through the cruise line as opposed to seeing the sights on your own. From reading travel guides it looks like there is local transportation available to see the main sights in these area. I am looking for recommendations for these areas as well as Fairbanks. We are not interested in the extravagant excursions such as helicopter and float plane trips. Would we be able to see the basic sights on our own or would we be better off booking excursions trhough HAL?
Crusie/Tour on Holland America to Alaska - Excursions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 2 Dressing up for theatre in new york
- 3 San Francisco - mid October
- 4 4 week family trip ideas
- 5 Carmel by the sea to Las Vegas by road
- 6 San Antonio GTG 21 September 2014
- 7 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 8 Newport Restaurants
- 9 103rd annual northern Navajo nation fair
- 10 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 11 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 12 Car Rental UK Drivers License
- 13 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 14 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 15 Trip Report - New York & Washington DC – May 30 – June 4, 2014
- 16 Transportation suggestions from JFK to Teaneck/Tenafly, NJ
- 17 West Coast to Indianapolis
- 18 Travel between Maui and Big Island
- 19 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 20 Kauai and Molokai or Kauai and Maui for 10 days?
- 21 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October
- 22 Oahu
- 23 Winter/Spring Trip Ideas from Ohio
- 24 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 25 San Diego with Kids