We have booked a cruise / tour on Holland America to Alaska this August. We are starting in Vancouver and taking a land tour to Denali ending in Fairbanks. We have stops on our cruise at Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway. I am interested in the excursions that are booked through the cruise line as opposed to seeing the sights on your own. From reading travel guides it looks like there is local transportation available to see the main sights in these area. I am looking for recommendations for these areas as well as Fairbanks. We are not interested in the extravagant excursions such as helicopter and float plane trips. Would we be able to see the basic sights on our own or would we be better off booking excursions trhough HAL?
Crusie/Tour on Holland America to Alaska - Excursions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 2 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 3 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 4 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 5 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 6 Travel West Coast
- 7 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 8 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 9 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 10 Wine Country Picnic
- 11 Washington DC Metro
- 12 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 13 Road trip through the south
- 14 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 15 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 16 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 17 Myrtle Beach
- 18 Colorado in the summer!
- 19 Shuttle Recommendations - Penn Station to JFK
- 20 Getting around Las Vegas
- 21 Rafting near Denali
- 22 Where to go in Maine?
- 23 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 24 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 25 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving