To whom it may concern,
For starters, I usually do not complain and this is the first time where my experience has been so bad that Ive had to compose an email about my travels.
I hope this email reaches the appropriate managers to satisfy my completely terrible experience on the Jewel. Due to limited space, I will bullet point all my concerns and frustrations:
ROOM NOT READY
-dust everywhere, room was never cleaned and prepared for the next guest
-sticky substance on the phone and receiver
-hair and stains on the sheets, bed was not made either
-toothpaste in sink from previous guest
-towels used and thrown back up on racks
-mini bar was not restocked, open gummy bears and soda cans in fridge, half of alcohol was missing
-gave an extra hour to clean both connecting rooms, waited on cold deck outside
- balcony door ( in both rooms) were broken and didnt lock, wind came throw into the rooms the entire trip
-took three different staff members to unlock the connecting door
-house keeping harrassed us the entire trip to clean our rooms( took no regard to the DO NOT DISTURB SIGNS) , also did not knock before entering the rooms
-manager (Romeo) suspiciously offered to pay cash for missing nips in minibar if we signed a paper receipt stating we consumed them(?) didnt feel comfortable at all!
SERVICE ON BOAT
-staff was rude and unsympathetic towards our concerns and needs
-food was awful ( some people were calling it cattle food on the boat)
-buffet posted to close at 1130,really closed at 11pm, we were constantly boucing from buffet to buffet to try and find food still open
-pool/jaccuzzi closed at 10pm? kicked us out at 945?!
-nothing to do after 10pm. website posts mixed crowd, however, boat only catered to elderly(bingo was our excitement) and children(dora and sponge bob)!
-never opened outside casino for the entire trip!
-terrible experience at SPA, however, this was rectified by manager on duty and we were very pleased with her accomodations- cant complain
-room service took 2 1/2 hours to get to our room, delivered cold food and told us he was the only one on the boat working(?)
-excursions desk had wrong hours posted, stated that animal kingdom closed at 7pm but really closed at 5pm
-took $130 cab each way to animal kingdom to find they closed in 1hour
-this then ruined our entire time in Port Canaveral( we were finding anything to go but go back on that boat!)
-plus it rained the entire time( not your concern and I understand NCL can not help that) private island was under construction when we arrived( big trucks, drilling etc)
I chose NCL amongst all the other cruiselines for my vacation, and for the first time in my life I/we have never been so happy to be back at work! I spent $5000 on this trip that was simply money wasted I will never get back!
I expect a reply/phone call asap to discuss what we can do to rectify my horrific trip and my dissatisfaction with every once of this experience.
Thank you, Kathie Ruberto
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yellowstone - places to stay
- 2 Paris on my own
- 3 Has anyone been to the Carlysle Lounge lately?
- 4 Road trip San Diego to Seattle
- 5 Yosemite and surrounding for WINTER 2017: DO NEED HELP!
- 6 Acadia National Park
- 7 Vacation Apartment Rentals
- 8 Travelling from New York to JFK
- 9 Traveling with an infant
- 10 Travelling from Miami to New Orleans
- 11 Birthday vacation ideas
- 12 Kauai helicopter flight
- 13 Colorado Hiking in September
- 14 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 15 Looking for REPUTABLE travel insurance in US
- 16 Which area on Maui for hotel?
- 17 Vanagon Road trip Denver to SF
- 18 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 19 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 20 Seeking Advice/Itineraries
- 21 Key West, FL
- 22 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 23 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 24 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 25 Mini Honeymoon in Philadelphia
To whom it may concern,