To whom it may concern,
For starters, I usually do not complain and this is the first time where my experience has been so bad that Ive had to compose an email about my travels.
I hope this email reaches the appropriate managers to satisfy my completely terrible experience on the Jewel. Due to limited space, I will bullet point all my concerns and frustrations:
ROOM NOT READY
-dust everywhere, room was never cleaned and prepared for the next guest
-sticky substance on the phone and receiver
-hair and stains on the sheets, bed was not made either
-toothpaste in sink from previous guest
-towels used and thrown back up on racks
-mini bar was not restocked, open gummy bears and soda cans in fridge, half of alcohol was missing
-gave an extra hour to clean both connecting rooms, waited on cold deck outside
- balcony door ( in both rooms) were broken and didnt lock, wind came throw into the rooms the entire trip
-took three different staff members to unlock the connecting door
-house keeping harrassed us the entire trip to clean our rooms( took no regard to the DO NOT DISTURB SIGNS) , also did not knock before entering the rooms
-manager (Romeo) suspiciously offered to pay cash for missing nips in minibar if we signed a paper receipt stating we consumed them(?) didnt feel comfortable at all!
SERVICE ON BOAT
-staff was rude and unsympathetic towards our concerns and needs
-food was awful ( some people were calling it cattle food on the boat)
-buffet posted to close at 1130,really closed at 11pm, we were constantly boucing from buffet to buffet to try and find food still open
-pool/jaccuzzi closed at 10pm? kicked us out at 945?!
-nothing to do after 10pm. website posts mixed crowd, however, boat only catered to elderly(bingo was our excitement) and children(dora and sponge bob)!
-never opened outside casino for the entire trip!
-terrible experience at SPA, however, this was rectified by manager on duty and we were very pleased with her accomodations- cant complain
-room service took 2 1/2 hours to get to our room, delivered cold food and told us he was the only one on the boat working(?)
-excursions desk had wrong hours posted, stated that animal kingdom closed at 7pm but really closed at 5pm
-took $130 cab each way to animal kingdom to find they closed in 1hour
-this then ruined our entire time in Port Canaveral( we were finding anything to go but go back on that boat!)
-plus it rained the entire time( not your concern and I understand NCL can not help that) private island was under construction when we arrived( big trucks, drilling etc)
I chose NCL amongst all the other cruiselines for my vacation, and for the first time in my life I/we have never been so happy to be back at work! I spent $5000 on this trip that was simply money wasted I will never get back!
I expect a reply/phone call asap to discuss what we can do to rectify my horrific trip and my dissatisfaction with every once of this experience.
Thank you, Kathie Ruberto
CRUISE FROM HELL: NCL JEWEL
To whom it may concern,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 3 charleston during Christmas Week
- 4 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 5 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 6 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 7 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 8 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 9 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 10 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 11 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 12 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 13 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 14 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 15 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 16 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 17 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 18 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 19 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 20 Key West Hotel in January
- 21 los angeles restaurants
- 22 West Maui Restaurants
- 23 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 24 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 25 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas