Long story short, I've got a time period of about two to three weeks free from late November to mid-December. So I decided to get out and do some travelling, since I've only really been out of California once or twice in my whole life. I'm starting with the southern route from Sacramento with the destination in Washington D.C. , then heading back via the northern route. There are a few cities and places that I'd really like to hit up, such as Las Vegas, Zion National Park, New Orleans, and Yellowstone. However, I'd like to know what other people's favorite places are across the states. Pretty much any place is fair game, I'm up for travel as long as it takes. As far as things I like, I absolutely love food and hiking, preferably in places that aren't too crowded and are fairly fun to do photography in. Spelunking, rock climbing, and caves are a fantastic bonus.
Cross Country Travelling - Advice?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 2 Chicago Girls Weekend
- 3 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 4 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 5 September trip to Michigan
- 6 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 7 California coast: April
- 8 DC, Philadelphia, New York, Maine, Acadia NP and Niagara Falls in 11 days?
- 9 Road Trip
- 10 New York Yankee Station
- 11 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 12 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 13 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 14 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 15 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 16 Have you done an aquarium sleepover?
- 17 Looking for a beach front place from central to northern Cal
- 18 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 19 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 20 Day Trip OUT of Los Angeles
- 21 Roads into Estes Park
- 22 Whale watching
- 23 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 24 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 25 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?