Long story short, I've got a time period of about two to three weeks free from late November to mid-December. So I decided to get out and do some travelling, since I've only really been out of California once or twice in my whole life. I'm starting with the southern route from Sacramento with the destination in Washington D.C. , then heading back via the northern route. There are a few cities and places that I'd really like to hit up, such as Las Vegas, Zion National Park, New Orleans, and Yellowstone. However, I'd like to know what other people's favorite places are across the states. Pretty much any place is fair game, I'm up for travel as long as it takes. As far as things I like, I absolutely love food and hiking, preferably in places that aren't too crowded and are fairly fun to do photography in. Spelunking, rock climbing, and caves are a fantastic bonus.
Cross Country Travelling - Advice?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Christmas weather?
- 2 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 3 Flying from LA to Massachusetts
- 4 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 5 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 6 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 7 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 8 Big island itinerary
- 9 Thousand Islands
- 10 Best Destination in USA
- 11 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 12 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 13 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 14 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 15 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 16 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 17 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 18 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 19 Grand Teton Romantic Accomdations
- 20 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 21 New York City and New England
- 22 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 23 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 24 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 25 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14