I and my friends are planning a road trip from NJ to Las Vegas in the last week of december spanning 10 days. We are 4 in number and 2 of us would do all the driving. Now we don't want to spend more than a couple of days in Vegas. We want to explore the route in between. I know winter is not the ideal time to do so. But here we are.
We were thinking of taking the route NJ - Cleveland - Chicago - Omaha - Denver - Moab - LV while going and LV - Antelope canyon (AZ) - Albuquerque (NM) - Oklahoma - St.Louis - Indianapolis - Columbus (OH) - NJ
This is our first road trip anywhere outside the east coast and we would be glad to get some suggestions and advice.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Beaches on the Big Island
- 2 Las Vegas to LA by car.
- 3 9 days from Acadia to Providence RI
- 4 Clean One bedroom for $50-$70 a week
- 5 Where to stay in South Carolina?
- 6 Restaurants in Sanibel/Captiva
- 7 Does the "Real USA" (still) exist?
- 8 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 9 Trip Report: 3 weeks in the Southwest, May-June 2015
- 10 colter cabin or Signal mountain lodge
- 11 questions on hiking in Arches NP
- 12 SUV v. Minivan for national park summer driving or does it not matter?
- 13 Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Yellowstone, Tetons
- 14 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 15 Portland and Seattle for 9 days need help with driving itinerary
- 16 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 17 Driving from New York to Atlanta,Ga
- 18 Study in America
- 19 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 20 Seattle, WA to Redondo Beach, CA December
- 21 Traveling alone to Las Vegas
- 22 Florida Family vacation in California
- 23 walking it off in North Beach and Chinatown
- 24 Planning first trip to New Orleans - advice?
- 25 Itinerary advice first time to USA SF-YNP-LV-LA-SF