We live in PA and are planning a 5-6 week drive starting the day after Labor Day across the USA to visit places we've never seen before.The following is our itinerary: (We're intentionally leaving out how much time we'll be in each place). Pitts., Clev, South Bend, Chi, Madison WI, (Not interested in MOA), Rushmore area, Yellowstone area, Salt Lake City, Arches NP, Denver area, KC, St L, Dayton, & back to PA. We need suggestions on weather & accomodations, (this is AFTER Labor Day), sights along the way to fill in the blanks, especially along the loong stretches between major stops. We DO NOT hike, bike, camp, or fish.
cross-country road trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 2 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 3 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 4 Best places to move to Florida?
- 5 West Coast Bound End of March
- 6 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 7 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 8 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 9 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 10 Oahu ideas
- 11 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 12 Key Largo, FL
- 13 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 14 Death Valley in June
- 15 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 16 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 17 San Diego grocery stores
- 18 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 19 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 20 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 21 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 22 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 23 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 24 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 25 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit