We live in PA and are planning a 5-6 week drive starting the day after Labor Day across the USA to visit places we've never seen before.The following is our itinerary: (We're intentionally leaving out how much time we'll be in each place). Pitts., Clev, South Bend, Chi, Madison WI, (Not interested in MOA), Rushmore area, Yellowstone area, Salt Lake City, Arches NP, Denver area, KC, St L, Dayton, & back to PA. We need suggestions on weather & accomodations, (this is AFTER Labor Day), sights along the way to fill in the blanks, especially along the loong stretches between major stops. We DO NOT hike, bike, camp, or fish.
cross-country road trip
View all United States activity »
- 1 a very short trip report of our 10 days on the Big Island
- 2 California Tour Groups?
- 3 Hotel near Public Theater
- 4 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 5 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 6 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 7 Warm and don't Drive
- 8 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 9 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 10 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 11 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 12 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 13 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 14 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 15 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 16 Broadway Banter: The Fall, 2013 edition
- 17 Philadelphia or Chicago
- 18 DETROIT'S BEAUTIFUL SIDE
- 19 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 20 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 21 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 22 Savanah Sojourn
- 23 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 24 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 25 Old Fall River Road closed in Rocky Mountain National Park through 2014