My husband has finally retired and we are ready for our much anticipated cross country trip. We plan on being gone 30-35 days and will be staying mostly in hotels, but doing a little truck camping along the way also. We would like to see several of the National Parks along the way as we love to view wildlife and beautiful scenery. We will be leaving northern NY the beginning of September and our first major stops along the way will include the Badlands and Black Hills area of South Dakota, Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado, then up to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. Utah, Yosemite, the Pacific Coast Hwy., (and, of course, Disneyland!) Las Vegas, and then onto Arizona to see the Grand Canyon. We have toured most of the east coast states so we would like to have the final leg of our trip include driving through the Nashville TN area, then into Lexington, Kentucky to view some horse ranches. We want to spend two days in Ohio in Amish country before heading home. Any suggestions and "must see" things along the way would be so appreciated. For example, what else should we see in Northern Colorado and what route is best from there to Yellowstone? What's the most scenic route from Utah to Yosemite? We will probably only do this once and I am afraid I am missing some important things by focusing so much on the National Parks. Thank you so much for any input!
Cross country New York to California
- 1 Professional Management & Association Services
- 2 Help me make a scentific research about American sheriffs
- 3 Around North America (cruise)
- 4 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 5 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 6 Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
- 7 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 8 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 9 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 10 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 11 Ackislander or others- restaurants in Nantucket in 2013
- 12 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 13 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 14 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 15 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 16 Boston and surrounding area
- 17 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 18 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 19 Newport, RI Questions
- 20 Rafting Snake River early June?
- 21 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 22 Restaurant Recommendations in Salt Lake City Area
- 23 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 24 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 25 Using public transit in San Diego