My husband has finally retired and we are ready for our much anticipated cross country trip. We plan on being gone 30-35 days and will be staying mostly in hotels, but doing a little truck camping along the way also. We would like to see several of the National Parks along the way as we love to view wildlife and beautiful scenery. We will be leaving northern NY the beginning of September and our first major stops along the way will include the Badlands and Black Hills area of South Dakota, Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado, then up to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. Utah, Yosemite, the Pacific Coast Hwy., (and, of course, Disneyland!) Las Vegas, and then onto Arizona to see the Grand Canyon. We have toured most of the east coast states so we would like to have the final leg of our trip include driving through the Nashville TN area, then into Lexington, Kentucky to view some horse ranches. We want to spend two days in Ohio in Amish country before heading home. Any suggestions and "must see" things along the way would be so appreciated. For example, what else should we see in Northern Colorado and what route is best from there to Yellowstone? What's the most scenic route from Utah to Yosemite? We will probably only do this once and I am afraid I am missing some important things by focusing so much on the National Parks. Thank you so much for any input!
Cross country New York to California
View all United States activity »
- 1 Question about Boulder area
- 2 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 3 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 4 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 5 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 6 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 7 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 8 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 9 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 10 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 11 Biloxi questions again
- 12 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 13 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 14 Madison Square Garden
- 15 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 16 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 17 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 18 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 19 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 20 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 21 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 22 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 23 Warm and don't Drive
- 24 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 25 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed