I plan on moving cross-country and will be driving from NJ to Seattle, WA. It appears, I have the rough choices of 80 or 90. I would consider taking a day/half day for side trips. What advice/thoughts does anyone have considering boredom factors, weather, drivability, etc. that you might give me. Anything worth a day/half day trip? Any preferred route? I'm not sure when I'll be doing this, but probably after March. I'll be driving alone. I do enjoy history/science, but my feet are not quite what they once were. I'm no looking for hikes or wild water rafting. All thoughts are appreciated!
Cross Country Advice
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family friendly restaurants in Bodega Bay?
- 2 Drive Seattle to Las Vegas
- 3 Denver, Colorado, local's advice: Bistrot Vendome or other?
- 4 Oregon Wildfire Reports
- 5 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 6 Cape Cod trip report
- 7 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 8 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 9 Road Trip SW
- 10 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 11 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 12 Yellowstone/Badlands trip, family of five, revised itinerary, June 2015
- 13 yk & family 4-day trip to Portland, Maine; July 2014
- 14 moving to florida
- 15 New Englandly: a Bit of Time in Massachusetts and Maine
- 16 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 17 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 18 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 19 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 20 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 21 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 22 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 23 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 24 Alaska Trip Report—10 days by car in July
- 25 Seafood