I'd love it if I could get some opinions of worth and time for this drive. First off, I understand there will be traffic, we would leave around 6.30 - 7am and it will be on the 3rd of December. We don't have long in LA, and this is what we want to see if we can.
We're not worried if we don't arrive in Las Vegas until the early evening.
Start - Santa Monica (6.30am)
East on 10 to LA Downtown
North West on 101 up to Santa Monica Boulevard
South West on Santa Monica Boulevard to the 405
North on the 405 to Mulholland Drive
Mullholland Drive to the Hollywood Freeway
Hollywood Freeway to the 134
134 and 210 east to Highway 15
then to Vegas
I do apologise if I have the references wrong.
My planning says the trip from Santa Monica to join the 134 near burbank (?) is about 100 km. Would four hours cover this on a Saturday Morning do you think.
Lunch then we'd then have the drive to Vegas (about 6 hours including a pit stop)
So the trip in total about 11 hours (with quite a few stops and starts in the morning, then Lunch, into Vegas around 5.30pm?
Anyone think I am way off base?
thank you Lissa
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel Picks - Kauai
- 2 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 3 Grand Circle Trip from Ohio
- 4 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 5 Short warm weather family vacation in January or February
- 6 Las Vegas in February - hotel recommendations please
- 7 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 8 Rhode Island Get Away
- 9 Avis or Budget from LAX
- 10 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 11 Vancouver to Washington State
- 12 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 13 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 14 Glacier National Park 2018
- 15 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 16 Adirondacks trip repot
- 17 New England Tour
- 18 Carmel CA lodging
- 19 Driving CA 395
- 20 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 21 Yosemite - importance of staying in park?
- 22 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 23 Maui and Kauai
- 24 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 25 Hawaii wedding