I'd love it if I could get some opinions of worth and time for this drive. First off, I understand there will be traffic, we would leave around 6.30 - 7am and it will be on the 3rd of December. We don't have long in LA, and this is what we want to see if we can.
We're not worried if we don't arrive in Las Vegas until the early evening.
Start - Santa Monica (6.30am)
East on 10 to LA Downtown
North West on 101 up to Santa Monica Boulevard
South West on Santa Monica Boulevard to the 405
North on the 405 to Mulholland Drive
Mullholland Drive to the Hollywood Freeway
Hollywood Freeway to the 134
134 and 210 east to Highway 15
then to Vegas
I do apologise if I have the references wrong.
My planning says the trip from Santa Monica to join the 134 near burbank (?) is about 100 km. Would four hours cover this on a Saturday Morning do you think.
Lunch then we'd then have the drive to Vegas (about 6 hours including a pit stop)
So the trip in total about 11 hours (with quite a few stops and starts in the morning, then Lunch, into Vegas around 5.30pm?
Anyone think I am way off base?
thank you Lissa
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104914
- 2 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 3 Uber boston
- 4 What is there to do on MAUI
- 5 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 6 Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- 7 Any Sanibel experts?
- 8 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 9 Hawaii Help
- 10 Summer in Michigan
- 11 Naples/ Fort Myers
- 12 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104909
- 13 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 14 NYC 30th birhday ideas
- 15 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 16 Rafting the Colorado
- 17 10-14 daycar fr. Monterey, CA to Jackson WY. Help - towns / Nat'l Parks
- 18 Glacier National Park
- 19 5 nights stay RMNP
- 20 Best Hilton location/hotel in New York
- 21 New York City - Wasington February 2017
- 22 West Virginia/Virginia during Thanksgiving (8 days)
- 23 Traveling in winter
- 24 a short trip to san francisco
- 25 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!