I'd love it if I could get some opinions of worth and time for this drive. First off, I understand there will be traffic, we would leave around 6.30 - 7am and it will be on the 3rd of December. We don't have long in LA, and this is what we want to see if we can.
We're not worried if we don't arrive in Las Vegas until the early evening.
Start - Santa Monica (6.30am)
East on 10 to LA Downtown
North West on 101 up to Santa Monica Boulevard
South West on Santa Monica Boulevard to the 405
North on the 405 to Mulholland Drive
Mullholland Drive to the Hollywood Freeway
Hollywood Freeway to the 134
134 and 210 east to Highway 15
then to Vegas
I do apologise if I have the references wrong.
My planning says the trip from Santa Monica to join the 134 near burbank (?) is about 100 km. Would four hours cover this on a Saturday Morning do you think.
Lunch then we'd then have the drive to Vegas (about 6 hours including a pit stop)
So the trip in total about 11 hours (with quite a few stops and starts in the morning, then Lunch, into Vegas around 5.30pm?
Anyone think I am way off base?
thank you Lissa
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Zion, Bryce, Monument, Grand Canyon, Death Valley Yosemite Itinerary help!
- 2 Need Advice for trip to Oregon - Portland, coast and Crater Lake
- 3 Last Minute NYC tips??
- 4 Montross/Ouray in the rain. Also foliage
- 5 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 6 California Coast
- 7 Alabama trip in Dec
- 8 Hiking 'the wave'
- 9 Southern Jersey Turnpike area: hotel
- 10 Vacation Ideas?
- 11 Fall colours first 2 weeks of October Boston area
- 12 Family Roadtrip from Atlanta in December
- 13 Cross-Country trip advice
- 14 US history sites- D.C.-NYC-Boston-Philly
- 15 Any suggestions for the holidays 2016
- 16 Seattle first timers....outdoor trip in October
- 17 limousine help
- 18 First time Disney & Legoland hotel suggestions and any advice please
- 19 Fastest Route from Albuquerque to Austin
- 20 Washington DC
- 21 Finding Steve Perry
- 22 Pacific Northwest Food and Wine
- 23 Chicago Stamina
- 24 Tksgiving trip Anacortes or Whidbey Island?
- 25 Trip report--Birmingham, Alabama