I'd love it if I could get some opinions of worth and time for this drive. First off, I understand there will be traffic, we would leave around 6.30 - 7am and it will be on the 3rd of December. We don't have long in LA, and this is what we want to see if we can.
We're not worried if we don't arrive in Las Vegas until the early evening.
Start - Santa Monica (6.30am)
East on 10 to LA Downtown
North West on 101 up to Santa Monica Boulevard
South West on Santa Monica Boulevard to the 405
North on the 405 to Mulholland Drive
Mullholland Drive to the Hollywood Freeway
Hollywood Freeway to the 134
134 and 210 east to Highway 15
then to Vegas
I do apologise if I have the references wrong.
My planning says the trip from Santa Monica to join the 134 near burbank (?) is about 100 km. Would four hours cover this on a Saturday Morning do you think.
Lunch then we'd then have the drive to Vegas (about 6 hours including a pit stop)
So the trip in total about 11 hours (with quite a few stops and starts in the morning, then Lunch, into Vegas around 5.30pm?
Anyone think I am way off base?
thank you Lissa
Critique Please - LA area then to Las Vegas
- 1 Napa wineries for wine novices
- 2 Driving from Kentucky to Florida
- 3 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 4 Updates from Hanalei
- 5 Wildfire near Yosemite
- 6 Olympic & Rainier itinerary -- please suggest changes
- 7 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 8 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 9 Blue ridge parkway
- 10 One day in NYC
- 11 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 12 A trip to east coast vs a trip to Hawaii
- 13 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 14 Kauai Activity Suggestions Needed!
- 15 Going to Dodge City, Kansas
- 16 Minnesota State Fair
- 17 Trying To Find a Place
- 18 hotel in carmel or monterey
- 19 Reasonably priced seafood/steak restaurant near the strip in Las Vegas?
- 20 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 21 Another apartment rental scam in NYC
- 22 Logan Express
- 23 Yet another question about which DC Metro pass to purchase
- 24 Search (for) Hotel suite using iPhone or laptop app?
- 25 Looking for inexpensive lodging near Dulles Airport