I'd love it if I could get some opinions of worth and time for this drive. First off, I understand there will be traffic, we would leave around 6.30 - 7am and it will be on the 3rd of December. We don't have long in LA, and this is what we want to see if we can.
We're not worried if we don't arrive in Las Vegas until the early evening.
Start - Santa Monica (6.30am)
East on 10 to LA Downtown
North West on 101 up to Santa Monica Boulevard
South West on Santa Monica Boulevard to the 405
North on the 405 to Mulholland Drive
Mullholland Drive to the Hollywood Freeway
Hollywood Freeway to the 134
134 and 210 east to Highway 15
then to Vegas
I do apologise if I have the references wrong.
My planning says the trip from Santa Monica to join the 134 near burbank (?) is about 100 km. Would four hours cover this on a Saturday Morning do you think.
Lunch then we'd then have the drive to Vegas (about 6 hours including a pit stop)
So the trip in total about 11 hours (with quite a few stops and starts in the morning, then Lunch, into Vegas around 5.30pm?
Anyone think I am way off base?
thank you Lissa
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://newmusclesupplements.com/alphadrox
- 2 Bodybuilding Devolved From Healthy Fitness Training
- 3 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 4 Alabama trip in Dec
- 5 West Coast (San Francisco to San Diego) Road Trip
- 6 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 7 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 8 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 9 SF and northern California - October
- 10 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 11 November redwoods trip
- 12 Yellowstone
- 13 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 14 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 15 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 16 costco Big island
- 17 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 18 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 19 Which island for R&R?
- 20 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 21 Olympic NP w/toddler
- 22 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 23 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 24 Your Favorite Restaurant in Annapolis
- 25 Fodor's Boston GTG