I'd love it if I could get some opinions of worth and time for this drive. First off, I understand there will be traffic, we would leave around 6.30 - 7am and it will be on the 3rd of December. We don't have long in LA, and this is what we want to see if we can.
We're not worried if we don't arrive in Las Vegas until the early evening.
Start - Santa Monica (6.30am)
East on 10 to LA Downtown
North West on 101 up to Santa Monica Boulevard
South West on Santa Monica Boulevard to the 405
North on the 405 to Mulholland Drive
Mullholland Drive to the Hollywood Freeway
Hollywood Freeway to the 134
134 and 210 east to Highway 15
then to Vegas
I do apologise if I have the references wrong.
My planning says the trip from Santa Monica to join the 134 near burbank (?) is about 100 km. Would four hours cover this on a Saturday Morning do you think.
Lunch then we'd then have the drive to Vegas (about 6 hours including a pit stop)
So the trip in total about 11 hours (with quite a few stops and starts in the morning, then Lunch, into Vegas around 5.30pm?
Anyone think I am way off base?
thank you Lissa
Critique Please - LA area then to Las Vegas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Buy iPhone 5S gold,PS4,iPad AIR,Galaxy S4,Xperia Z1,BB Q0,Z10
- 2 Best places to move to Florida?
- 3 West Coast Bound End of March
- 4 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 5 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 6 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 7 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 8 Oahu ideas
- 9 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 10 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 11 Key Largo, FL
- 12 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 13 Death Valley in June
- 14 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 15 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 16 San Diego grocery stores
- 17 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 18 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 19 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 20 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 21 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 22 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 23 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 24 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 25 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit