I'd love it if I could get some opinions of worth and time for this drive. First off, I understand there will be traffic, we would leave around 6.30 - 7am and it will be on the 3rd of December. We don't have long in LA, and this is what we want to see if we can.
We're not worried if we don't arrive in Las Vegas until the early evening.
Start - Santa Monica (6.30am)
East on 10 to LA Downtown
North West on 101 up to Santa Monica Boulevard
South West on Santa Monica Boulevard to the 405
North on the 405 to Mulholland Drive
Mullholland Drive to the Hollywood Freeway
Hollywood Freeway to the 134
134 and 210 east to Highway 15
then to Vegas
I do apologise if I have the references wrong.
My planning says the trip from Santa Monica to join the 134 near burbank (?) is about 100 km. Would four hours cover this on a Saturday Morning do you think.
Lunch then we'd then have the drive to Vegas (about 6 hours including a pit stop)
So the trip in total about 11 hours (with quite a few stops and starts in the morning, then Lunch, into Vegas around 5.30pm?
Anyone think I am way off base?
thank you Lissa
Critique Please - LA area then to Las Vegas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 2 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 3 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 4 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 5 California coast: April
- 6 Day Trip OUT of Los Angeles
- 7 A Week in Seattle & the Pacific NW
- 8 Where to Stay in Boston Without Taking Out a Mortgage ...
- 9 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 10 Keeping Hip-Chic At Bay: Seattle and A Couple Points South
- 11 Road Trip
- 12 Whale watching
- 13 New York Yankee Station
- 14 DC, Philadelphia, New York, Maine, Acadia NP and Niagara Falls in 11 days?
- 15 Have you done an aquarium sleepover?
- 16 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 17 Chicago Girls Weekend
- 18 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 19 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 20 September trip to Michigan
- 21 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 22 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 23 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 24 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 25 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY