Hi all --
My family and I will be visiting Crater Lake for part of a day at the very beginning of August. We'll have our two young kids with us, which means that we'll likely be limiting our trip to the Rim Drive with stops for some beautiful photos. We'll be staying the night before at the Steamboat Inn along highway 138. What we're wondering is: what is the best time of day to do the Rim Drive (in August)? We love photography and we usually find that early morning light is best for photography. Is this true at Crater Lake as well? Or is there another time of day that is better for the colour of the water, etc.?
We're trying to plan our days and we're wondering whether we should hike to/see Toketee Falls the day before (and then head back to the Steamboat) or whether we should stop at Toketee on the way to Crater Lake (since it's on the way). So for example, if we hear that the best time of day to see Crater Lake is first thing in the morning, then we'll hike Toketee the day before and wake early in the morning to reach Crater Lake as early as we can.
Thoughts would be appreciated!
Crater Lake, OR - Best Time of Day?
Hi all --
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 2 las vegas, zion, bryce , grandcanyon, page (antelope canyon), sedona,
- 3 Local Bus from Lake Powell resort to Page, AZ
- 4 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 5 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 6 Overnight at the airport or into Manhattan at midnight?
- 7 East coast itinerary for 10 days from Toronto
- 8 new york subway help please
- 9 NYC hotel/July
- 10 Sheraton Maui or Maui Marriott Ocean Club
- 11 Vegas,Sedona,GC,Page,Bryce,Zion
- 12 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 13 NYC with my 13 year old
- 14 Las Vegas must sees
- 15 Girls' Getaway
- 16 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 17 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 18 Best ( not cheapest) way from EWR to Upper West Side
- 19 Planning to see chicago with a big family
- 20 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 21 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 22 Florida SunPass mini-transponder
- 23 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 24 California: Getty museum
- 25 Unique things to do in PA with a 20 month old! (and some adults too!)