Hi all --
My family and I will be visiting Crater Lake for part of a day at the very beginning of August. We'll have our two young kids with us, which means that we'll likely be limiting our trip to the Rim Drive with stops for some beautiful photos. We'll be staying the night before at the Steamboat Inn along highway 138. What we're wondering is: what is the best time of day to do the Rim Drive (in August)? We love photography and we usually find that early morning light is best for photography. Is this true at Crater Lake as well? Or is there another time of day that is better for the colour of the water, etc.?
We're trying to plan our days and we're wondering whether we should hike to/see Toketee Falls the day before (and then head back to the Steamboat) or whether we should stop at Toketee on the way to Crater Lake (since it's on the way). So for example, if we hear that the best time of day to see Crater Lake is first thing in the morning, then we'll hike Toketee the day before and wake early in the morning to reach Crater Lake as early as we can.
Thoughts would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Are you looking flowers for all occasion?
- 2 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 3 Do you want Australian Visa?
- 4 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 5 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 6 Do you want Repair your Computer?
- 7 Arizona in winter
- 8 Eastern California Winter Roadtrip
- 9 Travel in Houston and surrounding area
- 10 Currency and hotels
- 11 Vegas with toddler twins
- 12 Las Vegas Vacation
- 13 OHare car service north suburbs
- 14 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 15 Restaurant Recommendations mid-city Manhattan
- 16 disneyland
- 17 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 18 Paris-Room Selection Advice Needed ASAP for last minute trip. TIA.
- 19 Key West
- 20 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 21 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 22 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 23 moving to Florida
- 24 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 25 DC restaurant report
Hi all --