An article in today's Salt Lake Tribune says that there have been 10 cases in the last month or so of people showing up at Park City properties expecting to rent them. But the properties are owned/occupied and not for rent. The rental ads were on Craig's list and often "too good to be true". The fraudsters would have renters send deposits to bank accounts--outside of Utah. The police are recommending that renters use viable/reputable property management companies.
Craigs List Rental Frauds in Park City
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Morning in miami
- 2 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 3 Las Vegas must sees
- 4 Grand Marais?
- 5 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 6 adams morgan - safety
- 7 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 8 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 9 Do I have no see um bites or bedbugs?
- 10 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 11 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 12 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 13 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 14 What To See & Do in Rapid City
- 15 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 16 Grand Teton in October
- 17 Top NOtch restaurant Minneapolis
- 18 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 19 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 20 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 21 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 22 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 23 US Southwest
- 24 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 25 Traveling from Portland to San Fran/Napa Valley