An article in today's Salt Lake Tribune says that there have been 10 cases in the last month or so of people showing up at Park City properties expecting to rent them. But the properties are owned/occupied and not for rent. The rental ads were on Craig's list and often "too good to be true". The fraudsters would have renters send deposits to bank accounts--outside of Utah. The police are recommending that renters use viable/reputable property management companies.
Craigs List Rental Frauds in Park City
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 2 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 3 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 4 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 5 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 6 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 7 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 8 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 9 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 10 Best places to move to Florida?
- 11 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 12 Juneau May 8th
- 13 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 14 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 15 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 16 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 17 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 18 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 19 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 20 Rental car drop before entering NYC
- 21 West Coast Bound End of March
- 22 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 23 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 24 Your Help with Must Sees in Southern Arizona
- 25 Salt Lake City, Utah