An article in today's Salt Lake Tribune says that there have been 10 cases in the last month or so of people showing up at Park City properties expecting to rent them. But the properties are owned/occupied and not for rent. The rental ads were on Craig's list and often "too good to be true". The fraudsters would have renters send deposits to bank accounts--outside of Utah. The police are recommending that renters use viable/reputable property management companies.
Craigs List Rental Frauds in Park City
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 san fran sightseeing
- 2 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 3 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 4 Transportation from Newark to Midtown Hotel
- 5 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 6 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 7 Martha's Vineyard Sailing
- 8 Side Show is a must-see show on Broadway
- 9 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 10 NYC to LA road trip - Buy or rent a car?
- 11 American Honeymoon in March
- 12 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 13 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 14 4 week family trip ideas
- 15 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 16 Boston in winter?
- 17 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 18 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 19 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 20 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 21 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 22 San Diego/ Baja / Desert / Vegas/ Mexico
- 23 Gulf coast - Naples, Sanibel Island, Marco Island or Fort Meyers, which one
- 24 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 25 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?