I am a single mom with two kids - 10 and 4 - who loves the DC/MD/VA area. I have visited and am now considering a move to consummate my love affair with the city. I am moving from the south. I need some dirty details on where to move, cost of living, after school care, babysitters, etc. I will be working at Howard Univ. and monthly income close to $8,000. I really (stress, REALLY) don't want to pay over $1600 month in rent for 2/3 bd. and 2 bath...is that realistic for the area? I don't want to commute more than 20 minutes to the train...and then I have to include rail pass costs in my monthly budget (how much?). I can't forget about decent schools. Any ideas, suggestions? Thanks!
Considering Move to DC with Two Kids - What Say You?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 2 Acadia Carriage Rides--Which One To Do?
- 3 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 4 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 5 Road trip itinerary
- 6 Marco Island, Florida-- Itinerary and Restaurant Suggestions?
- 7 San Francisco - mid October
- 8 Denver to Vegas, stops at Bryce/Zion/?
- 9 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 10 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 11 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 12 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 13 Vegas hotels for families
- 14 Need help for our 5 night vacation in DENVER
- 15 Mystery of Death Valley's 'Sailing Stones' Solved | Moving Rocks
- 16 Beware of Denver Crown Limo!
- 17 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 18 denver to badlands
- 19 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 20 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 21 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 22 Argentinians in NYC!!
- 23 Men's Open Final 30th Annual Quiksilver-Big Island Toyota Big Island Pro-Am
- 24 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 25 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona