I am a single mom with two kids - 10 and 4 - who loves the DC/MD/VA area. I have visited and am now considering a move to consummate my love affair with the city. I am moving from the south. I need some dirty details on where to move, cost of living, after school care, babysitters, etc. I will be working at Howard Univ. and monthly income close to $8,000. I really (stress, REALLY) don't want to pay over $1600 month in rent for 2/3 bd. and 2 bath...is that realistic for the area? I don't want to commute more than 20 minutes to the train...and then I have to include rail pass costs in my monthly budget (how much?). I can't forget about decent schools. Any ideas, suggestions? Thanks!
Considering Move to DC with Two Kids - What Say You?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 2 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 3 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 4 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 5 Myrtle Beach
- 6 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 7 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 8 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 9 Colorado in the summer!
- 10 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 11 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 12 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 13 Washington DC Metro
- 14 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 15 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 16 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 17 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 18 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 19 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 20 Travel West Coast
- 21 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 22 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 23 Wine Country Picnic
- 24 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 25 Road trip through the south