Hi. My husband and I (active 50-ish) are going to be in the Providence, Newport and Mashantucket area for about a week the 3rd week of September. Ironically, we are not gamblers, so there goes that for an activity. We're looking for things to do. So far, we're planning on touring the Roger Williams Botanical Center (worthwhile this time of year?), touring mansions in Newport, checking out the Pequot Museum near Mashantucket (spending two days in Mashantucket for dealer meeting), antiquing in Putnam, taking the Rte 169 Scenic Byway (anything to be sure to stop for along the way?), spending a day in Mystic (anything in particular to see/do?) and taking the express ferry to Block Island (advisable this time of year?; anything to do there besides enjoying the beaches?). Any ideas are sure appreciated. Thanks.
Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cross Country RV Trip
- 2 Adventure Seeker/Artist in Seattle
- 3 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 4 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 5 Ackislander
- 6 Northern California in February
- 7 Universal Orlando
- 8 Park Central Hotel via Priceline uh-oh
- 9 Scottsdale Mexican Restaurant Near Omni Scottsdale
- 10 Where should a coffee drinker worship in NYC?
- 11 Roadtrip in the deep south in August?
- 12 California
- 13 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 14 Portsmouth NH without a car
- 15 East Coast Summer Vacation Destination
- 16 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 17 Sunday jazz brunch & weekday afternoon tea recs?
- 18 Florida or caribbean
- 19 Baby Boomer Road Trip
- 20 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 21 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 22 Deep South sept 2015
- 23 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 24 Winter trip over the holiday season
- 25 New England September