Hi. My husband and I (active 50-ish) are going to be in the Providence, Newport and Mashantucket area for about a week the 3rd week of September. Ironically, we are not gamblers, so there goes that for an activity. We're looking for things to do. So far, we're planning on touring the Roger Williams Botanical Center (worthwhile this time of year?), touring mansions in Newport, checking out the Pequot Museum near Mashantucket (spending two days in Mashantucket for dealer meeting), antiquing in Putnam, taking the Rte 169 Scenic Byway (anything to be sure to stop for along the way?), spending a day in Mystic (anything in particular to see/do?) and taking the express ferry to Block Island (advisable this time of year?; anything to do there besides enjoying the beaches?). Any ideas are sure appreciated. Thanks.
Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 2 Washington DC in Spring?
- 3 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 4 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 5 Broadway this week
- 6 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 7 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 8 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 9 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 10 New York, New York...
- 11 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 12 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 13 trains in Europe
- 14 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 15 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 16 USA trip
- 17 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 18 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 19 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 20 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 21 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 22 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 23 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 24 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 25 NBA tickets??