Home, lazy and out of shape we rested on our laurels after narrowly escaping the Mouth of the Mouse in our Disney Adventures (http://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/disneys-evil-empire-of-happy-endings.cfm). But as the glorified gladiators of yore, we cannot simply pick the fruits of our labor in eternal restfulness, but keep our skills honed sharp.
Hence we decided to take another training trip…to hone our skills… and this time try to conquer the elusive Easter Bunny. A colossal cony - hater of the noble dentist… an anti-dentite if you will…who through witchcraft and sorcery lays scrumptious chocolate eggs to entice small and gullible children into its lair of delicacies and rotten teeth.
We must be careful though; this elusive creature…enemy to all dentists…shows himself only once a year and swallows whole teenagers, wraps them in garments of fake fur, funny ears and warps their feeble minds to commit heinous acts of villainy…such as giving colorful chocolate eggs to little children.
Even though…this humongous hare does the impossible and make those teens shut-up…maybe the bunny is not so bad…?
Through keen intelligence, reconnaissance and reasoning we deducted that this creature…known as the Easter Bunny … shows himself on…Easter.
All those years of reading Arthur Conan Doyle are finally paying off… ..."when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains…” etc... I can't be expected to remember everything.
Now we have a time frame, but where such a charming beast of pure sorcery might appear?
At the chocolate capital of the world…?
Hershey, PA on Easter – the sweetest place on earth.
We made reservations at an establishment which meet our standards
Not five stars…
Not six or seven stars…
But eight…EIGHT STARS!
I think it's probably a 16 stars establishment but they are too humble to admit it – so instead they call themselves the "Super 8 Motel”in Harrisburg.
With such humility one can only assume they are Amish…not part of the Hershey family…who named a whole town after…themselves.
DD(I’m five-years-old) is sharpening her wits and skills of deduction.
DS (twoN-Aay-half) is exercising the “Arms of the Amish” for any future entanglements we might find ourselves in.
The wife is excited about another adventure to breakup the humdrum of a dull life with two small kids…
Wait a second…how can life with two small kids be dull?
Have I been suckered into spending our hard earned money on frivolous incursions previously enjoyed only by the rich and privileged?
Never mind – "happy wife, happy life" is my motto.
And me – I’m just going along for the ride.
Confectionery Excursion - Our Easter Adventure at Hershey Park
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 2 Calf trip
- 3 Anyone there to help me!
- 4 Tipping advice
- 5 Trip to Jupiter, FL
- 6 los angeles restaurants
- 7 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 8 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 9 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 10 West Maui Restaurants
- 11 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 12 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 13 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 14 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 15 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 16 Napa/Sonoma hotel confusion...please help
- 17 Key West Hotel in January
- 18 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 19 New Orleans Trip Report - Dec. 2014
- 20 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 21 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 22 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 23 4 week family trip ideas
- 24 x mas
- 25 Trip to Niagara Falls