We are considering moving to Florida, Myrtle Beach, SC or Norfolk, Virginia with our school age children. We have thought about Tampa and surrounding areas, as well as Ft.Meyers. Still looking for employment, but would like for advice on areas to look. We want good schools- elementary to college levels, would like a lower cost of living, but low crime.Need a 5 bedroom house, but can't pay $400,000. No more than 1 hour from beach. Would like to not have to pay crazy property taxes or insurance( while we are aware they will be more than other places in states!). Worried about sinkhole areas a bit also. Please, any and all advice is welcomed. This will hopefully be our last move. Retired army pilot, and have moved too much! If their are any other suggestions for places to move, please post! We want to be by water, low cost of living, great schools, good employment options for hubbie, ......you know, the dream!! But cheap!
Comparing a move to Florida, Myrtle Beach,SC area or Virginia
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 2 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 3 Colorado in the summer!
- 4 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 5 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 6 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 9 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 10 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 11 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 12 Brooklyn why?
- 13 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 14 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 15 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 16 Kennedy Space Center
- 17 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 18 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 19 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 20 5 week in US/Mexico
- 21 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 22 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 23 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 24 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 25 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC