We are considering moving to Florida, Myrtle Beach, SC or Norfolk, Virginia with our school age children. We have thought about Tampa and surrounding areas, as well as Ft.Meyers. Still looking for employment, but would like for advice on areas to look. We want good schools- elementary to college levels, would like a lower cost of living, but low crime.Need a 5 bedroom house, but can't pay $400,000. No more than 1 hour from beach. Would like to not have to pay crazy property taxes or insurance( while we are aware they will be more than other places in states!). Worried about sinkhole areas a bit also. Please, any and all advice is welcomed. This will hopefully be our last move. Retired army pilot, and have moved too much! If their are any other suggestions for places to move, please post! We want to be by water, low cost of living, great schools, good employment options for hubbie, ......you know, the dream!! But cheap!
Comparing a move to Florida, Myrtle Beach,SC area or Virginia
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago Information Need for a Possible Trip
- 2 Myrtle Beach, SC ... Where to drive to??
- 3 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 4 Daytona Beach and ??
- 5 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 6 Does it seem like people in the US have become...
- 7 Washington and oregon help with itinerary
- 8 First visit in New Mexico
- 9 San Diego Public Transportation
- 10 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 11 Things to do around New York
- 12 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 13 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 14 Salt Lake City
- 15 Beach holiday with baby
- 16 Lodging between Edenton NC and Washington DC?
- 17 Colorado trip
- 18 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 19 Grand Marais?
- 20 Is Hwy 59/389 an alternate for hwy 9
- 21 Cape cod and Acadia
- 22 Best hotels near the Kennedy Center?
- 23 New Orleans 2015 safety with kids
- 24 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 25 Barrow Alaska