We are considering moving to Florida, Myrtle Beach, SC or Norfolk, Virginia with our school age children. We have thought about Tampa and surrounding areas, as well as Ft.Meyers. Still looking for employment, but would like for advice on areas to look. We want good schools- elementary to college levels, would like a lower cost of living, but low crime.Need a 5 bedroom house, but can't pay $400,000. No more than 1 hour from beach. Would like to not have to pay crazy property taxes or insurance( while we are aware they will be more than other places in states!). Worried about sinkhole areas a bit also. Please, any and all advice is welcomed. This will hopefully be our last move. Retired army pilot, and have moved too much! If their are any other suggestions for places to move, please post! We want to be by water, low cost of living, great schools, good employment options for hubbie, ......you know, the dream!! But cheap!
Comparing a move to Florida, Myrtle Beach,SC area or Virginia
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 2 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 3 Best places to move to Florida?
- 4 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 5 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 6 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 7 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 8 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 9 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 10 Rental car drop before entering NYC
- 11 West Coast Bound End of March
- 12 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 13 Juneau May 8th
- 14 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 15 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 16 Your Help with Must Sees in Southern Arizona
- 17 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 18 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 19 Question about Miami travel
- 20 Salt Lake City
- 21 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 22 First family ski trip
- 23 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 24 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 25 Locker at JFK