We are considering moving to Florida, Myrtle Beach, SC or Norfolk, Virginia with our school age children. We have thought about Tampa and surrounding areas, as well as Ft.Meyers. Still looking for employment, but would like for advice on areas to look. We want good schools- elementary to college levels, would like a lower cost of living, but low crime.Need a 5 bedroom house, but can't pay $400,000. No more than 1 hour from beach. Would like to not have to pay crazy property taxes or insurance( while we are aware they will be more than other places in states!). Worried about sinkhole areas a bit also. Please, any and all advice is welcomed. This will hopefully be our last move. Retired army pilot, and have moved too much! If their are any other suggestions for places to move, please post! We want to be by water, low cost of living, great schools, good employment options for hubbie, ......you know, the dream!! But cheap!
Comparing a move to Florida, Myrtle Beach,SC area or Virginia
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 2 Christmas in TX
- 3 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 4 Staying at holiday inn express midtown manhattan
- 5 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 6 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 7 Ben Landa
- 8 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 9 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 10 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 11 Tucson area flooding
- 12 Road Trip: Niagara to New York Via Vermont
- 13 Storing luggage in Manhattan for a few hours
- 14 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 15 California
- 16 lunch in Boulder CO TODAY!!
- 17 San Diego locals-can you advise?
- 18 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 19 Oregon Road Trip
- 20 Long Island Advice
- 21 Colorado aspen updates
- 22 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 23 Yellowstone and Tetons in a Flash
- 24 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 25 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining