We are considering moving to Florida, Myrtle Beach, SC or Norfolk, Virginia with our school age children. We have thought about Tampa and surrounding areas, as well as Ft.Meyers. Still looking for employment, but would like for advice on areas to look. We want good schools- elementary to college levels, would like a lower cost of living, but low crime.Need a 5 bedroom house, but can't pay $400,000. No more than 1 hour from beach. Would like to not have to pay crazy property taxes or insurance( while we are aware they will be more than other places in states!). Worried about sinkhole areas a bit also. Please, any and all advice is welcomed. This will hopefully be our last move. Retired army pilot, and have moved too much! If their are any other suggestions for places to move, please post! We want to be by water, low cost of living, great schools, good employment options for hubbie, ......you know, the dream!! But cheap!
Comparing a move to Florida, Myrtle Beach,SC area or Virginia
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 2 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 3 Accommodation : Jan 2016 LA Los Vegas
- 4 Advice on Roadtrip
- 5 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 6 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 7 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 8 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 9 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 10 Zion the narrows
- 11 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 12 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 13 Best car to rent for driving around Oahu and Maui
- 14 Santa Barbara Trip Report
- 15 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 16 Los Angeles day trips
- 17 Hawaiian Islands
- 18 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton Road Trip
- 19 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 20 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 21 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 22 Cabin in Asheville area
- 23 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 24 Seattle Transportation??
- 25 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip