We are considering moving to Florida, Myrtle Beach, SC or Norfolk, Virginia with our school age children. We have thought about Tampa and surrounding areas, as well as Ft.Meyers. Still looking for employment, but would like for advice on areas to look. We want good schools- elementary to college levels, would like a lower cost of living, but low crime.Need a 5 bedroom house, but can't pay $400,000. No more than 1 hour from beach. Would like to not have to pay crazy property taxes or insurance( while we are aware they will be more than other places in states!). Worried about sinkhole areas a bit also. Please, any and all advice is welcomed. This will hopefully be our last move. Retired army pilot, and have moved too much! If their are any other suggestions for places to move, please post! We want to be by water, low cost of living, great schools, good employment options for hubbie, ......you know, the dream!! But cheap!
Comparing a move to Florida, Myrtle Beach,SC area or Virginia
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado aspen updates
- 2 5 Day Trip to New York in October
- 3 Oregon Road Trip
- 4 Ideas needed for October Road trip
- 5 Signal Mountain Lodge, Gardiner and Bozeman
- 6 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 7 San Francisco vs. San Diego
- 8 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 9 Worst Restaurants in America
- 10 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 11 4 week family trip ideas
- 12 Newport Restaurants
- 13 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 14 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 15 Door County or New Glarus, Wis visit 4th weekend in Oct 2014?
- 16 Low Country Honor Flight to Washington DC
- 17 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 18 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 19 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 20 Question About Sealodge
- 21 Broadway choices
- 22 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 23 Fairbanks Alaska
- 24 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 25 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park