We are considering moving to Florida, Myrtle Beach, SC or Norfolk, Virginia with our school age children. We have thought about Tampa and surrounding areas, as well as Ft.Meyers. Still looking for employment, but would like for advice on areas to look. We want good schools- elementary to college levels, would like a lower cost of living, but low crime.Need a 5 bedroom house, but can't pay $400,000. No more than 1 hour from beach. Would like to not have to pay crazy property taxes or insurance( while we are aware they will be more than other places in states!). Worried about sinkhole areas a bit also. Please, any and all advice is welcomed. This will hopefully be our last move. Retired army pilot, and have moved too much! If their are any other suggestions for places to move, please post! We want to be by water, low cost of living, great schools, good employment options for hubbie, ......you know, the dream!! But cheap!
Comparing a move to Florida, Myrtle Beach,SC area or Virginia
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Connecticut River Byway
- 2 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 3 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 4 Boston/Salem with kids
- 5 San Diego farmer's markets
- 6 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 7 Ogunquit Family Get Together
- 8 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 9 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 10 Road Trip SW
- 11 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 12 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 13 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 14 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 15 Vacation trip to Portland, OR,
- 16 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 17 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 18 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 19 drive from SF to crater lake
- 20 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 21 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 22 moving to florida
- 23 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 24 Hotel near Miami airport
- 25 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?