We are considering moving to Florida, Myrtle Beach, SC or Norfolk, Virginia with our school age children. We have thought about Tampa and surrounding areas, as well as Ft.Meyers. Still looking for employment, but would like for advice on areas to look. We want good schools- elementary to college levels, would like a lower cost of living, but low crime.Need a 5 bedroom house, but can't pay $400,000. No more than 1 hour from beach. Would like to not have to pay crazy property taxes or insurance( while we are aware they will be more than other places in states!). Worried about sinkhole areas a bit also. Please, any and all advice is welcomed. This will hopefully be our last move. Retired army pilot, and have moved too much! If their are any other suggestions for places to move, please post! We want to be by water, low cost of living, great schools, good employment options for hubbie, ......you know, the dream!! But cheap!
Comparing a move to Florida, Myrtle Beach,SC area or Virginia
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 2 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 3 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 4 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 5 Does anyone have a place on Cape Cod?
- 6 Mesa Verde
- 7 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 8 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 9 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 10 Hotel near Miami airport
- 11 Road Trip SW
- 12 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 13 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 14 culpepper
- 15 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 16 Chicago trip
- 17 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 18 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 19 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 20 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 21 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 22 moving to florida
- 23 Santa Barbara, California
- 24 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 25 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast