We are considering moving to Florida, Myrtle Beach, SC or Norfolk, Virginia with our school age children. We have thought about Tampa and surrounding areas, as well as Ft.Meyers. Still looking for employment, but would like for advice on areas to look. We want good schools- elementary to college levels, would like a lower cost of living, but low crime.Need a 5 bedroom house, but can't pay $400,000. No more than 1 hour from beach. Would like to not have to pay crazy property taxes or insurance( while we are aware they will be more than other places in states!). Worried about sinkhole areas a bit also. Please, any and all advice is welcomed. This will hopefully be our last move. Retired army pilot, and have moved too much! If their are any other suggestions for places to move, please post! We want to be by water, low cost of living, great schools, good employment options for hubbie, ......you know, the dream!! But cheap!
Comparing a move to Florida, Myrtle Beach,SC area or Virginia
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotels near beach orange county
- 2 Myrtle Beach, SC ... Where to drive to??
- 3 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 4 Things to do around New York
- 5 Cape cod and Acadia
- 6 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 7 Alaska- Best tours
- 8 Daytona Beach and ??
- 9 Yellowstone Dining
- 10 Alaska Cruise: Coral Princess or Norwegian sun?
- 11 Grand Marais?
- 12 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 13 Coronado Ferry
- 14 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 15 First visit in New Mexico
- 16 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 17 Maine in latter half of September
- 18 WEST YELLOWSTONE TO GLACIER NP?
- 19 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 20 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 21 Have you ever heard of a place called Page, Arz?
- 22 Washington and oregon help with itinerary
- 23 Colorado trip in early May
- 24 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 25 Seattle hotels