We are considering moving to Florida, Myrtle Beach, SC or Norfolk, Virginia with our school age children. We have thought about Tampa and surrounding areas, as well as Ft.Meyers. Still looking for employment, but would like for advice on areas to look. We want good schools- elementary to college levels, would like a lower cost of living, but low crime.Need a 5 bedroom house, but can't pay $400,000. No more than 1 hour from beach. Would like to not have to pay crazy property taxes or insurance( while we are aware they will be more than other places in states!). Worried about sinkhole areas a bit also. Please, any and all advice is welcomed. This will hopefully be our last move. Retired army pilot, and have moved too much! If their are any other suggestions for places to move, please post! We want to be by water, low cost of living, great schools, good employment options for hubbie, ......you know, the dream!! But cheap!
Comparing a move to Florida, Myrtle Beach,SC area or Virginia
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago Questions
- 2 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 3 USA trip
- 4 Chicago for one night with my teen daughter
- 5 Breckenridge in October
- 6 NBA tickets??
- 7 How to dress in Vegas
- 8 Orlando for Work
- 9 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 10 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 11 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 12 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 13 charlotte
- 14 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 15 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 16 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 17 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 18 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 19 camaro hire in waikiki
- 20 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 21 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 22 Las vegas-Zion-Bryce-Antelope
- 23 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 24 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 25 Ski Season Underway in Colorado