We are considering moving to Florida, Myrtle Beach, SC or Norfolk, Virginia with our school age children. We have thought about Tampa and surrounding areas, as well as Ft.Meyers. Still looking for employment, but would like for advice on areas to look. We want good schools- elementary to college levels, would like a lower cost of living, but low crime.Need a 5 bedroom house, but can't pay $400,000. No more than 1 hour from beach. Would like to not have to pay crazy property taxes or insurance( while we are aware they will be more than other places in states!). Worried about sinkhole areas a bit also. Please, any and all advice is welcomed. This will hopefully be our last move. Retired army pilot, and have moved too much! If their are any other suggestions for places to move, please post! We want to be by water, low cost of living, great schools, good employment options for hubbie, ......you know, the dream!! But cheap!
Comparing a move to Florida, Myrtle Beach,SC area or Virginia
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle Hyatts
- 2 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 3 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 4 Mesa Verde
- 5 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 6 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 7 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 8 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 9 Coastal New England Road trip
- 10 Seattle: Something Different?
- 11 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 12 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 13 Bienville Hotel or Le Marais in New Orleans French Quarter
- 14 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 15 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 16 Beachfront house rental - Fort Walton Beach/ Destin area
- 17 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 18 Park City ideas
- 19 5 days and 4 nights outside of San Francisco
- 20 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 21 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 22 NYC Clubs for live music
- 23 ONP help
- 24 Bar Harbor Maine to Boston
- 25 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?