We are considering moving to Florida, Myrtle Beach, SC or Norfolk, Virginia with our school age children. We have thought about Tampa and surrounding areas, as well as Ft.Meyers. Still looking for employment, but would like for advice on areas to look. We want good schools- elementary to college levels, would like a lower cost of living, but low crime.Need a 5 bedroom house, but can't pay $400,000. No more than 1 hour from beach. Would like to not have to pay crazy property taxes or insurance( while we are aware they will be more than other places in states!). Worried about sinkhole areas a bit also. Please, any and all advice is welcomed. This will hopefully be our last move. Retired army pilot, and have moved too much! If their are any other suggestions for places to move, please post! We want to be by water, low cost of living, great schools, good employment options for hubbie, ......you know, the dream!! But cheap!
Comparing a move to Florida, Myrtle Beach,SC area or Virginia
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 2 Kennebunkport and....?
- 3 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 4 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 5 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 6 SF to DR? WTH!
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 Washington, DC to Boston
- 9 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 10 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 11 Where to go in Maine?
- 12 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 13 Ferry Valdez-Whittier (to Anchorage) or take the road instead ?
- 14 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 15 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 16 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 17 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 18 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 19 rain in Kauai
- 20 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 21 Kennedy Space Center
- 22 San Diego Trip Report
- 23 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 24 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 25 NYC jazz with a minor