We are considering moving to Florida, Myrtle Beach, SC or Norfolk, Virginia with our school age children. We have thought about Tampa and surrounding areas, as well as Ft.Meyers. Still looking for employment, but would like for advice on areas to look. We want good schools- elementary to college levels, would like a lower cost of living, but low crime.Need a 5 bedroom house, but can't pay $400,000. No more than 1 hour from beach. Would like to not have to pay crazy property taxes or insurance( while we are aware they will be more than other places in states!). Worried about sinkhole areas a bit also. Please, any and all advice is welcomed. This will hopefully be our last move. Retired army pilot, and have moved too much! If their are any other suggestions for places to move, please post! We want to be by water, low cost of living, great schools, good employment options for hubbie, ......you know, the dream!! But cheap!
Comparing a move to Florida, Myrtle Beach,SC area or Virginia
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 2 Question about a private tour in Florence from Livorno port
- 3 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 4 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 5 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 6 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 7 San Fran to Crater Lake? round trip one week
- 8 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 9 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 10 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 11 Re-Visit DC
- 12 Looking for One night commutable to NYC (Solo)
- 13 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 14 Road Trip From Dallas to RMNP through CO Springs.
- 15 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 16 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 17 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 18 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 19 Victoria Clipper to Friday Harbor/San Juan Islands
- 20 Texas and Deep South Road Trip - with Limited Time!
- 21 2 day in Adirondack park
- 22 Bienville Hotel or Le Marais in New Orleans French Quarter
- 23 A specific safety issue in Area Hell's Kitchen, 43th West Street
- 24 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 25 Itinerary suggestion needed for DC