We are considering moving to Florida, Myrtle Beach, SC or Norfolk, Virginia with our school age children. We have thought about Tampa and surrounding areas, as well as Ft.Meyers. Still looking for employment, but would like for advice on areas to look. We want good schools- elementary to college levels, would like a lower cost of living, but low crime.Need a 5 bedroom house, but can't pay $400,000. No more than 1 hour from beach. Would like to not have to pay crazy property taxes or insurance( while we are aware they will be more than other places in states!). Worried about sinkhole areas a bit also. Please, any and all advice is welcomed. This will hopefully be our last move. Retired army pilot, and have moved too much! If their are any other suggestions for places to move, please post! We want to be by water, low cost of living, great schools, good employment options for hubbie, ......you know, the dream!! But cheap!
Comparing a move to Florida, Myrtle Beach,SC area or Virginia
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 2 planning a trip to US
- 3 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 4 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 5 Good local restaurants E30th St New York?
- 6 Waltham, MA to Boston-Logan Airport
- 7 How safe would feel with the key in your front door overnight?
- 8 http://testxtremefacts.com/progain-350/
- 9 Texas
- 10 Family Beach Vacation in December
- 11 Help with Grand Canyon trip in June
- 12 Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah National Parks trip advice
- 13 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 14 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 15 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 16 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 17 Transportation from MCO to Port Canaveral
- 18 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 19 10 day trip
- 20 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 21 Utah restaurants
- 22 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 23 Another Trip to DC for baseball!
- 24 Another Perfect Visit to Paradise: Kauai
- 25 looking for beautiful gardens suggestions in early April