We are considering moving to Florida, Myrtle Beach, SC or Norfolk, Virginia with our school age children. We have thought about Tampa and surrounding areas, as well as Ft.Meyers. Still looking for employment, but would like for advice on areas to look. We want good schools- elementary to college levels, would like a lower cost of living, but low crime.Need a 5 bedroom house, but can't pay $400,000. No more than 1 hour from beach. Would like to not have to pay crazy property taxes or insurance( while we are aware they will be more than other places in states!). Worried about sinkhole areas a bit also. Please, any and all advice is welcomed. This will hopefully be our last move. Retired army pilot, and have moved too much! If their are any other suggestions for places to move, please post! We want to be by water, low cost of living, great schools, good employment options for hubbie, ......you know, the dream!! But cheap!
Comparing a move to Florida, Myrtle Beach,SC area or Virginia
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 2 Need help with 2 days in Yellowstone with West Yellowstone Lodging
- 3 3 weeks covering SF, Monterey, Lake Isabella, Las Vegas and LA (Disney)
- 4 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 5 Road Trip SW
- 6 Seattle-Tacoma Airport to downtown Seattle
- 7 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 8 culpepper
- 9 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 10 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 11 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 12 Charlotte restaurant help
- 13 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 14 Upscale Mexican restaurant in downtown Denver
- 15 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 16 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 17 2 weeks in Alaska
- 18 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 19 Week in Colorado Springs with 9 & 7 year old. Advice
- 20 Yosemite Fire
- 21 Place to Grab a Bite to Eat near Wilmington train station?
- 22 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 23 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 24 Fancy dining
- 25 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around