First my heart goes out to all the people in Colorado that have been flooded. I live in Iowa and we had some awful flooding a number of years ago. The clean up is hard and long! My hopes and prayers for everyone that has been affected!
My husband has a business trip to Breckenbridge, CO in early October. I am going with him and we were going to stay in Estes Park and see Rocky Mountain National Park after his business was done. Basically we have a Thursday afternoon, Friday, and Saturday. On Saturday night , we plan to stay near the Denver airport for our flight the next morning.
People have been told to stay away from Estes Park and Rocky Mountain NP has closed. So I am looking for ideas on where to go.
We enjoy hiking, scenic drives, good food, and wildlife. We planned to stay in hotels. We have been to Mesa Verde and spent some time in Denver on previous trips.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Wine Country
- 2 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 3 Renting a car with DWAI
- 4 San Francisco first visit.
- 5 Olympic vs. Redwood NPs
- 6 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 7 Looking for a restaurant! Oregon 101
- 8 NYC: Milburn or Millenium Hilton
- 9 What time should we buy Liberty/Ellis Island tickets for?
- 10 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 11 Park City- handicapped
- 12 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 13 CHRISTMAS WEEK: NEW YORK STYLE
- 14 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 15 Arizona on a whirlwind update
- 16 PLEASE HELP!!!! need beach in maui for not-so-strong swimmer....
- 17 Disney Wild Africa Trek
- 18 Yellowstone in early May
- 19 Boston (1/25-1/29), NYC (1/30-2/5)- theater, food, museum exhibits?
- 20 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 21 5 days in Central Florida--where to stay and what to see
- 22 3 Days Itinerary Recommendation for Maui
- 23 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)
- 24 My kingdom for an acai bowl on Hawaii Island
- 25 DCArea GTG April 2017
Colorado Trip in October -Rocky Mountain NP Closed - Other Ideas?