First my heart goes out to all the people in Colorado that have been flooded. I live in Iowa and we had some awful flooding a number of years ago. The clean up is hard and long! My hopes and prayers for everyone that has been affected!
My husband has a business trip to Breckenbridge, CO in early October. I am going with him and we were going to stay in Estes Park and see Rocky Mountain National Park after his business was done. Basically we have a Thursday afternoon, Friday, and Saturday. On Saturday night , we plan to stay near the Denver airport for our flight the next morning.
People have been told to stay away from Estes Park and Rocky Mountain NP has closed. So I am looking for ideas on where to go.
We enjoy hiking, scenic drives, good food, and wildlife. We planned to stay in hotels. We have been to Mesa Verde and spent some time in Denver on previous trips.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://getmenshealth.com/hyper-tone-force-south-africa/
- 2 Napa Valley Hotel
- 3 Southern Michigan vacation destination?
- 4 Road trip lower 48 to juneau
- 5 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 6 Avoiding Los Angeles Traffic
- 7 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 8 Driving from San Francisco Airport to San Rafael
- 9 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 10 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 11 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 12 Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Badlands Trip Report
- 13 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 14 Depot Bay OR
- 15 Seattle 5 day Itinerary
- 16 A June trip to Kauai
- 17 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 18 Across the United States by Train
- 19 Phone SIM
- 20 Transit Advisory July 4, 2016 Local Transit will be on a hoilday schedule
- 21 Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe to Riverside, CA
- 22 Transportation from downtown Miami to Ft. Lauderdale airport
- 23 A day in Boston
- 24 Five nights in Yellowstone: Where to stay?
- 25 1 Week Too Long For Napa/Sonoma/Mendocino?
Colorado Trip in October -Rocky Mountain NP Closed - Other Ideas?