First my heart goes out to all the people in Colorado that have been flooded. I live in Iowa and we had some awful flooding a number of years ago. The clean up is hard and long! My hopes and prayers for everyone that has been affected!
My husband has a business trip to Breckenbridge, CO in early October. I am going with him and we were going to stay in Estes Park and see Rocky Mountain National Park after his business was done. Basically we have a Thursday afternoon, Friday, and Saturday. On Saturday night , we plan to stay near the Denver airport for our flight the next morning.
People have been told to stay away from Estes Park and Rocky Mountain NP has closed. So I am looking for ideas on where to go.
We enjoy hiking, scenic drives, good food, and wildlife. We planned to stay in hotels. We have been to Mesa Verde and spent some time in Denver on previous trips.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seeking Advice for Road Trip
- 2 Winery recommendations OR and WA
- 3 Quick Acela Questions
- 4 Detroit Downtown Walking and Safety
- 5 Detroit People Mover
- 6 NYC - 2 days and nights mid week in May
- 7 8 Days in Colorado - First time
- 8 First time Disney & Legoland hotel suggestions and any advice please
- 9 Seattle, Redwoods in Oregon and Yosemite
- 10 My kingdom for an acai bowl on Hawaii Island
- 11 Highlights in New England
- 12 Parking Downtown St. Louis
- 13 Christmas season in Disney World
- 14 Abandoned places in southern California
- 15 Steakhouse in Colorado Springs area
- 16 30th Anniversary Hotel Key West
- 17 Thanksgiving dinner in Williamsburg
- 18 Info about Newseum Parking in D.C.
- 19 Seattle?
- 20 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 21 Family Beach Vacation in Belmar at the Jersey Shore
- 22 Renting camper van/ motor home
- 23 San Jose to Napa Valley
- 24 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 25 Tri Rail train to Lauderdale by the Sea
Colorado Trip in October -Rocky Mountain NP Closed - Other Ideas?