First my heart goes out to all the people in Colorado that have been flooded. I live in Iowa and we had some awful flooding a number of years ago. The clean up is hard and long! My hopes and prayers for everyone that has been affected!
My husband has a business trip to Breckenbridge, CO in early October. I am going with him and we were going to stay in Estes Park and see Rocky Mountain National Park after his business was done. Basically we have a Thursday afternoon, Friday, and Saturday. On Saturday night , we plan to stay near the Denver airport for our flight the next morning.
People have been told to stay away from Estes Park and Rocky Mountain NP has closed. So I am looking for ideas on where to go.
We enjoy hiking, scenic drives, good food, and wildlife. We planned to stay in hotels. We have been to Mesa Verde and spent some time in Denver on previous trips.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Colorado Trip in October -Rocky Mountain NP Closed - Other Ideas?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 2 NYC theatre broadway
- 3 Alaska
- 4 San Diego grocery stores
- 5 San Diego parks and attractions
- 6 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 7 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 8 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 9 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 10 First family ski trip
- 11 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 14 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 15 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 16 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 17 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 18 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 19 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 20 Visiting Denver
- 21 Visiting Denver
- 22 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 23 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 24 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 25 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers