First my heart goes out to all the people in Colorado that have been flooded. I live in Iowa and we had some awful flooding a number of years ago. The clean up is hard and long! My hopes and prayers for everyone that has been affected!
My husband has a business trip to Breckenbridge, CO in early October. I am going with him and we were going to stay in Estes Park and see Rocky Mountain National Park after his business was done. Basically we have a Thursday afternoon, Friday, and Saturday. On Saturday night , we plan to stay near the Denver airport for our flight the next morning.
People have been told to stay away from Estes Park and Rocky Mountain NP has closed. So I am looking for ideas on where to go.
We enjoy hiking, scenic drives, good food, and wildlife. We planned to stay in hotels. We have been to Mesa Verde and spent some time in Denver on previous trips.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Other Manhattan Hotels
- 2 Seattle Ho
- 3 Trip to Vegas/GC/LA - need advice pleasd
- 4 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 5 November redwoods trip
- 6 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 7 Esta "Not Authorized to Travel"
- 8 Sequoia/Redwoods Large Group Lodging
- 9 Southern history- walkable cities
- 10 Seattle?
- 11 Night in Los Cruces or Truth or Consequences
- 12 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 13 Moab Tenting end of Oct?
- 14 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 15 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 16 Los Angeles/Santa Monica -- how many days and where else?
- 17 Zepher to CA from Den or Yellowstone
- 18 Chicago marathon - Leaving hotel to MDW
- 19 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 20 Beer Bar - NYC
- 21 First Trip to New Mexico
- 22 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 23 Sacramento GTG Sat Aug 27th
- 24 Forbes Island Restaurant Question
- 25 My Avis/kona rental experience
Colorado Trip in October -Rocky Mountain NP Closed - Other Ideas?