First my heart goes out to all the people in Colorado that have been flooded. I live in Iowa and we had some awful flooding a number of years ago. The clean up is hard and long! My hopes and prayers for everyone that has been affected!
My husband has a business trip to Breckenbridge, CO in early October. I am going with him and we were going to stay in Estes Park and see Rocky Mountain National Park after his business was done. Basically we have a Thursday afternoon, Friday, and Saturday. On Saturday night , we plan to stay near the Denver airport for our flight the next morning.
People have been told to stay away from Estes Park and Rocky Mountain NP has closed. So I am looking for ideas on where to go.
We enjoy hiking, scenic drives, good food, and wildlife. We planned to stay in hotels. We have been to Mesa Verde and spent some time in Denver on previous trips.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sonoma alley in May
- 2 Hotel in Austin
- 3 Austin TX restaurants
- 4 WEST POINT ACADEMY GRADUATION via Catskills & mid-Hudson Valley
- 5 Help Reno,Tahoe,San Fran 6 Day Trip
- 6 Lake Champlain, VT
- 7 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 8 Utah too much crammed into 9 days, help please
- 9 What is the best way to get from Newark Airport to JFK
- 10 California: San Fran to San Diego
- 11 Vancouver to Seattle after cruise
- 12 5 Days near Denver
- 13 Denver to Mesa Verde National Park
- 14 yeah or nay grand canyon in dec/jan
- 15 First time to Alaska - with kids
- 16 Beef on Weck in WNY
- 17 Family trip - driving from SF to LAX
- 18 Boston / VT August
- 19 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 20 Luggage Storage at ORD (Hilton)
- 21 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 22 New/Different in Kennebunkport?
- 23 Boston Ideas
- 24 14 Day Itinerary for Alaska in an RV
- 25 Week in LA & San Francisco
Colorado Trip in October -Rocky Mountain NP Closed - Other Ideas?