My sister and I are planning a road trip to Colorado next week, but due to end-of-semester craziness, we have done very little planning! Here is our tentative itinerary:
5/9- Arrive in CO Springs late at night
5/10-5/11 CO Springs
5/12- Mesa Verde
5/13- Telluride (or should we do Ouray?), Montrose (& maybe Black Canyon), arriving in Glenwood Spings late at night
5/14- Glenwood Springs
5/15- Breakfast in Vail, then Rocky Mtn Park, and maybe Denver for the night
5/16- Head out (trying to stay with friends in Chicago that night)
I would LOVE some feedback on our itinerary (more days here, fewer days there), as well as suggestions of must-see attractions and thoughts on where to stay (hotel, couch surf, camping- though we have little camping experience). Thinking of splurging with one night at the Broadmoor (~$200), but otherwise <$80/night. I'm 23 and my sister is 20. We're fairly active and love outdoor activities such as hiking and whitewater rafting. If you see this post any time before May 16th and have ideas to share, that would be wonderful! Thank you SO much
Colorado trip 5/9-5/16...Itinerary suggestions?!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Planning to drive through Death Valley on July 19
- 2 Lake to rent a cabin on...anywhere in the US!
- 3 Washington
- 4 Utah National Parks Help
- 5 Amazing trip from Sacramento to Yellowstone via a 9 state, 4,274 mile scenic route..
- 6 best places to stay between colorado springs and snow mass
- 7 Newport or Laguna Beach, CA, hotel before a morning meeting in Irvine?
- 8 route 302
- 9 Exploring Some of Oregon and Washington
- 10 Have you been anywhere amazing between Sacramento and Reno?
- 11 The 45th and 46th State - Maine and Vermont!
- 12 Portland and the Coast - a Couple of Questions
- 13 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 14 Glacier National Park Late September
- 15 Quimby House Inn or Cromwell Harbor for lodging in Bar Harbor?
- 16 Kauai car rental puzzle
- 17 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 18 Boston
- 19 Where to stay on Kauai...does time of year really matter?
- 20 Canyon de Chelly, AZ vs Bisti Wilderness Area, NM
- 21 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 22 Lake Powell
- 23 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 24 One day in Ft Collins with a 5 and 1 year old
- 25 Outdoorsy family visiting OR Coast to Portland