My sister and I are planning a road trip to Colorado next week, but due to end-of-semester craziness, we have done very little planning! Here is our tentative itinerary:
5/9- Arrive in CO Springs late at night
5/10-5/11 CO Springs
5/12- Mesa Verde
5/13- Telluride (or should we do Ouray?), Montrose (& maybe Black Canyon), arriving in Glenwood Spings late at night
5/14- Glenwood Springs
5/15- Breakfast in Vail, then Rocky Mtn Park, and maybe Denver for the night
5/16- Head out (trying to stay with friends in Chicago that night)
I would LOVE some feedback on our itinerary (more days here, fewer days there), as well as suggestions of must-see attractions and thoughts on where to stay (hotel, couch surf, camping- though we have little camping experience). Thinking of splurging with one night at the Broadmoor (~$200), but otherwise <$80/night. I'm 23 and my sister is 20. We're fairly active and love outdoor activities such as hiking and whitewater rafting. If you see this post any time before May 16th and have ideas to share, that would be wonderful! Thank you SO much
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://gomusclebuilding.com/ers-pro/
- 2 http://no2surgeblog.com/jack-hammer-xl/
- 3 JFK Terminal 8
- 4 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 5 Dinner Cruise down San Antonio River?
- 6 Seaside, California
- 7 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 8 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 9 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 10 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 11 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 12 NYC Discounted Metropolitan Opera Tickets
- 13 washington-blueridge parkway-myrtle beach
- 14 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 15 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 16 Bed and Breakfast
- 17 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 18 What car service?
- 19 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 20 Denali
- 21 Where should I drop off rental car near Boston?
- 22 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 23 Maine in May?
- 24 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 25 New Years Eve in NYC