My sister and I are planning a road trip to Colorado next week, but due to end-of-semester craziness, we have done very little planning! Here is our tentative itinerary:
5/9- Arrive in CO Springs late at night
5/10-5/11 CO Springs
5/12- Mesa Verde
5/13- Telluride (or should we do Ouray?), Montrose (& maybe Black Canyon), arriving in Glenwood Spings late at night
5/14- Glenwood Springs
5/15- Breakfast in Vail, then Rocky Mtn Park, and maybe Denver for the night
5/16- Head out (trying to stay with friends in Chicago that night)
I would LOVE some feedback on our itinerary (more days here, fewer days there), as well as suggestions of must-see attractions and thoughts on where to stay (hotel, couch surf, camping- though we have little camping experience). Thinking of splurging with one night at the Broadmoor (~$200), but otherwise <$80/night. I'm 23 and my sister is 20. We're fairly active and love outdoor activities such as hiking and whitewater rafting. If you see this post any time before May 16th and have ideas to share, that would be wonderful! Thank you SO much
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from Seattle to San Deigo
- 2 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 3 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 4 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 5 Realistic expectations in Yellowstone in July
- 6 Vegas-GC-Page-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 7 Live in FL need a road trip suggestion
- 8 Dining at CIA in Hyde Park
- 9 Trip from Anchorage to Homer, AK
- 10 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 11 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 12 Anniversary Getaway in August Where Too?
- 13 New Orleans music
- 14 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 15 What to do with teenagers in Napa and Mendocino
- 16 Las Vegas Show Advice for Beatles Fan
- 17 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 18 Boston, Maine, Nantucket/MV, RI,
- 19 Christmas vacation-Maui or Carribean?
- 20 Holman Ranch vineyard tour in Carmel Valley (Monterey County)
- 21 Rental Car using the ferries in Washington
- 22 NYC with wheelchair
- 23 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 24 Road trip to rock-y landscape from NC
- 25 2 days to do Denver/Colorado Springs