My sister and I are planning a road trip to Colorado next week, but due to end-of-semester craziness, we have done very little planning! Here is our tentative itinerary:
5/9- Arrive in CO Springs late at night
5/10-5/11 CO Springs
5/12- Mesa Verde
5/13- Telluride (or should we do Ouray?), Montrose (& maybe Black Canyon), arriving in Glenwood Spings late at night
5/14- Glenwood Springs
5/15- Breakfast in Vail, then Rocky Mtn Park, and maybe Denver for the night
5/16- Head out (trying to stay with friends in Chicago that night)
I would LOVE some feedback on our itinerary (more days here, fewer days there), as well as suggestions of must-see attractions and thoughts on where to stay (hotel, couch surf, camping- though we have little camping experience). Thinking of splurging with one night at the Broadmoor (~$200), but otherwise <$80/night. I'm 23 and my sister is 20. We're fairly active and love outdoor activities such as hiking and whitewater rafting. If you see this post any time before May 16th and have ideas to share, that would be wonderful! Thank you SO much
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 2 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 3 Downtown Chicago
- 4 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 5 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 6 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 7 Safety Concerns
- 8 Planning Honeymoon with Handicapped fiance
- 9 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 10 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 11 What to do in San Diego
- 12 Nashville
- 13 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 14 Beaches in Florida
- 15 fort lauderdale
- 16 40th in Key West
- 17 First Trip to Texas -
- 18 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 19 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
- 20 5 days in Colorado
- 21 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 22 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 23 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 24 Yellowstone or Yosemite in August?
- 25 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?