My sister and I are planning a road trip to Colorado next week, but due to end-of-semester craziness, we have done very little planning! Here is our tentative itinerary:
5/9- Arrive in CO Springs late at night
5/10-5/11 CO Springs
5/12- Mesa Verde
5/13- Telluride (or should we do Ouray?), Montrose (& maybe Black Canyon), arriving in Glenwood Spings late at night
5/14- Glenwood Springs
5/15- Breakfast in Vail, then Rocky Mtn Park, and maybe Denver for the night
5/16- Head out (trying to stay with friends in Chicago that night)
I would LOVE some feedback on our itinerary (more days here, fewer days there), as well as suggestions of must-see attractions and thoughts on where to stay (hotel, couch surf, camping- though we have little camping experience). Thinking of splurging with one night at the Broadmoor (~$200), but otherwise <$80/night. I'm 23 and my sister is 20. We're fairly active and love outdoor activities such as hiking and whitewater rafting. If you see this post any time before May 16th and have ideas to share, that would be wonderful! Thank you SO much
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Palm Springs, CA trip advice
- 2 bad traffic on 476 in PA memorial day weekend
- 3 Christmas at Grand Canyon
- 4 Driving from Carmel to Incline Village on Wednesday
- 5 Across country drive
- 6 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 7 Traveling with an infant
- 8 3rd Attempt - Road Trip Utah June 2016
- 9 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 10 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 11 Houston to NYC Road Trip
- 12 St Louis
- 13 NYC - 10-day visit!!!
- 14 Nashville restaurants
- 15 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 16 Road trip from D.C. to Maine
- 17 Yosemite Hike
- 18 Thanksgiving Road trip California
- 19 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 20 Empire Sate: best time; best vendor etcx
- 21 Restaurants in DC
- 22 Western US Road Trip- PeakBagging
- 23 Is Silverwood Amusement park worth a visit?
- 24 Early 30's Couple Spending Two Weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 25 Driving northern AL to central FL