We are leaving on a trip to Colorado Oct 16th. I realize I have very little time left for planning, but hope someone can answer some questions. We are leaving from the San Diego area and will be either looping up through AZ, NM, CO, UT,NV and back down to SD, or looping north first through NV to CO and on down in the reverse direction. The main focus is to be Colorado; we have about 13 days, so we plan on taking 2 or 3 days to get to Colorado and then 2 or 3 to get back. We want to spend a few day in CO springs and a few in Estes park/ RMNP. I'm pretty sure the Trail Ridge Rd will not be open. Does anyone know about that? Also should we take the time to hit Albuquerque/Santa Fe on the way to or from. We don't mind missing the sights in AZ and UT since we have done all of those places and fairly recently and have never been to CO or NM. Should we try to go to Durango and Gunnison instead of Santa Fe/ALB?? Should we try to go to Estes park first and then down due to weather? ( I know 20 question. )
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Florida Home Vacation Rentals
- 2 How to dress in Vegas
- 3 Dining in Manhattan
- 4 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 5 California & French Polynesia
- 6 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 7 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 8 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 9 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 10 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 11 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 12 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 13 St Patrick's renovations
- 14 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 15 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 16 4 week family trip ideas
- 17 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 18 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 19 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 20 From Seattle airport to the city
- 21 General Utah planning questions
- 22 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 23 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 24 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 25 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM