We are leaving on a trip to Colorado Oct 16th. I realize I have very little time left for planning, but hope someone can answer some questions. We are leaving from the San Diego area and will be either looping up through AZ, NM, CO, UT,NV and back down to SD, or looping north first through NV to CO and on down in the reverse direction. The main focus is to be Colorado; we have about 13 days, so we plan on taking 2 or 3 days to get to Colorado and then 2 or 3 to get back. We want to spend a few day in CO springs and a few in Estes park/ RMNP. I'm pretty sure the Trail Ridge Rd will not be open. Does anyone know about that? Also should we take the time to hit Albuquerque/Santa Fe on the way to or from. We don't mind missing the sights in AZ and UT since we have done all of those places and fairly recently and have never been to CO or NM. Should we try to go to Durango and Gunnison instead of Santa Fe/ALB?? Should we try to go to Estes park first and then down due to weather? ( I know 20 question. )
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 USA with a 3 year old
- 2 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 3 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 4 united and carry-ons
- 5 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 6 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 7 Cape Cod in early April
- 8 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 9 Backpacking in April
- 10 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 11 replica designer handbags
- 12 Portland Maine Hotels
- 13 San Diego parks and attractions
- 14 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 15 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 16 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 17 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 18 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 19 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 20 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 21 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 22 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 23 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 24 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 25 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road