FINALLY getting to come to see part of the west. Flying into and out of Denver for 3 weeks early October. Plan is to do a loop taking in Parts of the Rockies in and around Denver, including Pike's Peak, Mt. Rushmore, Badlands, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, and Jackson. I'm thinking 2-3 days in Colorado, then on to Badlands, Mt. Rushmore area (1-2 days including travel from Colorado), then over to Yellowstone for 2-3? days, down to Tetons, andJackson for a couple of days and back to Denver. Our main interest are seeing things of nature and wildlife. That's going to put us at close to 2 weeks, with a week left. I don't want to be on a strick schedule to the point I have to be at a certain location on a certain day (unless it's Yellowstone for lodging) Looking for off the beaten path areas, and do we need to branch out a little more with the other week or just see things inbetween the mentioned areas. Thanks for all imput.
Colorado, S.D. Wyoming
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 new online travel network
- 2 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 3 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 4 USA with a 3 year old
- 5 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 6 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 7 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 8 Universal studios/Orlando
- 9 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 10 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 11 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 12 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 13 NYC theatre broadway
- 14 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 15 First family ski trip
- 16 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 17 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 18 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 19 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 20 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 21 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 22 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 23 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 24 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 25 Wedding venue in NH