Our family of 4 (two boys, ages 9 and 11) is going to Colorado Springs in late June. We know what to do there, as we have visited several times. We would like to spend a few additional days (3 or 4) exploring more of the state. Our initial thought is to travel north to Denver and then to the Rockies, but where to go? Hiking, train rides, western towns, gold mines are all of interest--what to do? Where to go? We do have friends in Vail...too far? Have not booked airfare either--fly in and out of COS or Denver? Help!
Colorado family vacation in late June
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 2 united and carry-ons
- 3 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 4 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 5 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 6 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 7 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 8 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 9 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 10 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 11 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 12 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 13 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 14 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 15 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 16 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 17 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 18 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 19 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 20 Philadelphia
- 21 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 22 USA with a 3 year old
- 23 First family ski trip
- 24 NYC theatre broadway
- 25 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York