Our family of 4 (two boys, ages 9 and 11) is going to Colorado Springs in late June. We know what to do there, as we have visited several times. We would like to spend a few additional days (3 or 4) exploring more of the state. Our initial thought is to travel north to Denver and then to the Rockies, but where to go? Hiking, train rides, western towns, gold mines are all of interest--what to do? Where to go? We do have friends in Vail...too far? Have not booked airfare either--fly in and out of COS or Denver? Help!
Colorado family vacation in late June
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best producers of original and novelty documents in the world.
- 2 bachelors degree
- 3 Trailing Cyclone Ana to Maui (trip report)
- 4 First Time RVing - Is my itinerary on overkill for 10 day trip?
- 5 Getting to Key West
- 6 Is Coral Gables or Miami a shorter distance to the Everglades?
- 7 New Orleans Motel Question
- 8 Broadway Banter - Winter 2010 - 11
- 9 Itinerary ideas for Niagara Falls via Corning/Watkins from NYC
- 10 San Diego One Day Itinerary
- 11 How the fairytale of New York can become a nightmare
- 12 Has anyone been getting ads for handguns/holsters?
- 13 Hang out, Low Key, Getaway Area?
- 14 Has anyone been to Li'l Dizzy's in the Treme?
- 15 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 16 historic small western towns - with shopping district, dino digs??
- 17 West Maui Restaurants
- 18 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 19 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 20 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 21 San Francisco Italian Restaurant for 14
- 22 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 23 Indoor Waterpark in Wisconsin Dells ?
- 24 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 25 fly fishing spring break - warm weather