Our family of 4 (two boys, ages 9 and 11) is going to Colorado Springs in late June. We know what to do there, as we have visited several times. We would like to spend a few additional days (3 or 4) exploring more of the state. Our initial thought is to travel north to Denver and then to the Rockies, but where to go? Hiking, train rides, western towns, gold mines are all of interest--what to do? Where to go? We do have friends in Vail...too far? Have not booked airfare either--fly in and out of COS or Denver? Help!
Colorado family vacation in late June
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 2 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 3 Denver Limos
- 4 layover
- 5 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 6 A few NYC questions about 9/11 memorial tours and more.
- 7 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 8 Two airports to choose from?
- 9 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?
- 10 Road trip itinerary
- 11 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 12 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 13 Part one of an 18 Day RV trip - Talkeetna
- 14 best area to stay in san diego
- 15 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 16 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 17 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 18 Hotel advice. Near the airport vs Historical District in Charleston SC
- 19 Beaufort, NC or Wilmington, NC?
- 20 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?
- 21 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 22 Part Four of an 18 Day RV trip - Homer
- 23 Kayaking in Kauai
- 24 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 25 San Francisco - mid October