My husband and I are heading to New England at the end of July 2007. From reading other posts, I realize this is probably not the ideal time to go with tourist season, but my brother-in-law is having a baby in June and this is the only time we can get away.
We're going to be be flying into Providence, RI on July 24 (a Tuesday) and renting a car. Based on suggestions from friends and family, I have come up with the following itinerary. I want to be sure that it is realistic. I know it's definitely ambitious
July 24- Arrive Providence, RI
July 25- Drive to Mystic, CT. 1/2 day Mystic Seaport. Drive to Newport, RI. Cliffwalk/One Mansion Tour in afternoon
July 26- Drive to Hyannis, MA in morning. Take ferry to Nantucket. Return late afternoon. Hotel in Hyannis.
July 27- Drive up to Provincetown-- along way stop in Chatham, National Sea Shore. Afternoon, drive down to Plymouth, MA.
July 28- A.M. Plimoth Plantation, P.M. Drive to Boston (leave car outside of Boston? Stay at hotel outside and go in for day?
July 29- A.M. to late afternoon in Boston. Duck Tour of Boston. Drive up to Portsmouth, NH late afternoon.
July 30- Drive along coast from Portsmouth, through Kennebunkport, to Portland.
July 31- Fly to Philadelphia PM.
We already have our flights set into Providence and out of Portland. It's the details in the middle that we don't have finalized. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Suggestions for hotels, restaurants, etc. would be great too!
Thanks a million for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 2 'Merca! My National Parks road trip.
- 3 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 4 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
- 5 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 6 A Delectable Brunch At The Presidio in San Francisco
- 7 US Open Tennis
- 8 Boston/New England late Sept. with children
- 9 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 10 Hotels in San Diego
- 11 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 12 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 13 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 14 Seattle Area Trip Help
- 15 Florida itinerary- your thought please
- 16 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 17 Southampton to JFK drive time and car service
- 18 Go NY Tour bus accident - 15 hurt
- 19 Cape cod, Vermont and Newyork
- 20 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 21 Rhode Island Beach Vacation?
- 22 Oregon road trip
- 23 Girl's trip to San Francisco
- 24 Dad & 15 year old daughter in NYC
- 25 Monterey peninsula traffic Labor Day weekend.