My husband and I are heading to New England at the end of July 2007. From reading other posts, I realize this is probably not the ideal time to go with tourist season, but my brother-in-law is having a baby in June and this is the only time we can get away.
We're going to be be flying into Providence, RI on July 24 (a Tuesday) and renting a car. Based on suggestions from friends and family, I have come up with the following itinerary. I want to be sure that it is realistic. I know it's definitely ambitious
July 24- Arrive Providence, RI
July 25- Drive to Mystic, CT. 1/2 day Mystic Seaport. Drive to Newport, RI. Cliffwalk/One Mansion Tour in afternoon
July 26- Drive to Hyannis, MA in morning. Take ferry to Nantucket. Return late afternoon. Hotel in Hyannis.
July 27- Drive up to Provincetown-- along way stop in Chatham, National Sea Shore. Afternoon, drive down to Plymouth, MA.
July 28- A.M. Plimoth Plantation, P.M. Drive to Boston (leave car outside of Boston? Stay at hotel outside and go in for day?
July 29- A.M. to late afternoon in Boston. Duck Tour of Boston. Drive up to Portsmouth, NH late afternoon.
July 30- Drive along coast from Portsmouth, through Kennebunkport, to Portland.
July 31- Fly to Philadelphia PM.
We already have our flights set into Providence and out of Portland. It's the details in the middle that we don't have finalized. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Suggestions for hotels, restaurants, etc. would be great too!
Thanks a million for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 2 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 3 Help me with this
- 4 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 5 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 6 Weather in Chicago
- 7 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 8 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 9 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 10 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 11 7 days in Maine September 23,2017
- 12 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 13 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 14 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 15 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 16 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 17 Dining in St. Louis
- 18 AR State Parks
- 19 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 20 NYC For The Day
- 21 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon in August
- 22 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 23 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 24 JFK Terminal 8
- 25 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.