My husband and I are heading to New England at the end of July 2007. From reading other posts, I realize this is probably not the ideal time to go with tourist season, but my brother-in-law is having a baby in June and this is the only time we can get away.
We're going to be be flying into Providence, RI on July 24 (a Tuesday) and renting a car. Based on suggestions from friends and family, I have come up with the following itinerary. I want to be sure that it is realistic. I know it's definitely ambitious
July 24- Arrive Providence, RI
July 25- Drive to Mystic, CT. 1/2 day Mystic Seaport. Drive to Newport, RI. Cliffwalk/One Mansion Tour in afternoon
July 26- Drive to Hyannis, MA in morning. Take ferry to Nantucket. Return late afternoon. Hotel in Hyannis.
July 27- Drive up to Provincetown-- along way stop in Chatham, National Sea Shore. Afternoon, drive down to Plymouth, MA.
July 28- A.M. Plimoth Plantation, P.M. Drive to Boston (leave car outside of Boston? Stay at hotel outside and go in for day?
July 29- A.M. to late afternoon in Boston. Duck Tour of Boston. Drive up to Portsmouth, NH late afternoon.
July 30- Drive along coast from Portsmouth, through Kennebunkport, to Portland.
July 31- Fly to Philadelphia PM.
We already have our flights set into Providence and out of Portland. It's the details in the middle that we don't have finalized. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Suggestions for hotels, restaurants, etc. would be great too!
Thanks a million for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 2 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 3 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 4 Your Favorite Restaurant in Annapolis
- 5 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 6 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 7 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 8 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 9 20th Anniversary NYC Fringe Festival
- 10 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 11 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 12 November redwoods trip
- 13 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 14 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 15 Which island for R&R?
- 16 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 17 1.5 Days in Boston with 3 little ones
- 18 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 19 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 20 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 21 Yellowstone
- 22 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 23 Travelling from NYC to Washington Depot
- 24 San Antonio shopping
- 25 Where to stay to visit Glacier National Park