My husband and I are heading to New England at the end of July 2007. From reading other posts, I realize this is probably not the ideal time to go with tourist season, but my brother-in-law is having a baby in June and this is the only time we can get away.
We're going to be be flying into Providence, RI on July 24 (a Tuesday) and renting a car. Based on suggestions from friends and family, I have come up with the following itinerary. I want to be sure that it is realistic. I know it's definitely ambitious
July 24- Arrive Providence, RI
July 25- Drive to Mystic, CT. 1/2 day Mystic Seaport. Drive to Newport, RI. Cliffwalk/One Mansion Tour in afternoon
July 26- Drive to Hyannis, MA in morning. Take ferry to Nantucket. Return late afternoon. Hotel in Hyannis.
July 27- Drive up to Provincetown-- along way stop in Chatham, National Sea Shore. Afternoon, drive down to Plymouth, MA.
July 28- A.M. Plimoth Plantation, P.M. Drive to Boston (leave car outside of Boston? Stay at hotel outside and go in for day?
July 29- A.M. to late afternoon in Boston. Duck Tour of Boston. Drive up to Portsmouth, NH late afternoon.
July 30- Drive along coast from Portsmouth, through Kennebunkport, to Portland.
July 31- Fly to Philadelphia PM.
We already have our flights set into Providence and out of Portland. It's the details in the middle that we don't have finalized. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Suggestions for hotels, restaurants, etc. would be great too!
Thanks a million for your advice!
Coastal New England Advice Needed
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 2 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 3 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 4 "American in Paris" on Broadway
- 5 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 6 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 7 Tipping advice
- 8 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 9 New Orleans help please
- 10 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 11 los angeles restaurants
- 12 Trip to Jupiter, FL
- 13 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 14 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 15 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 16 Durango to Mesa Verde
- 17 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 18 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 19 Oregon- Crater Lake and Mount Hood vs Montana- Glacier Bay National Park
- 20 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 21 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 22 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 23 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 24 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 25 New Year's Eve in Philadelphia