We will be on an organized bike trip from Charleston to Savannah in late October/early November.....we are done midday on a Saturday, and rather than flying directly home, I thought it might be fun to see either St. Simons or Jekyll Island as we have never been before.....Is the best way to get there renting a car? Is it worth it for just part of a day/staying overnight and then leaving for the west coast on Sunday? I assume we could fly home from and return a rental car at Brunswick Airport.....Are we trying to combine too many things in such a short time? Please advise.....What is a really nice hotel in either St. Simons, Jekyll or an island that I'm not even listing? What will weather be like on the barrier islands in early November? Thanks so much for any advice you might have.
COASTAL ISLANDS OFF OF GEORGIA --- ST. SIMONS OR JEKYLL OR?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 2 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 3 Tipping advice
- 4 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 5 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 6 charleston during Christmas Week
- 7 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 8 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 9 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 10 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 11 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 12 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 13 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 14 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 15 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 16 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 17 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 18 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 19 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 20 Key West Hotel in January
- 21 los angeles restaurants
- 22 West Maui Restaurants
- 23 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 24 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 25 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas