We will be on an organized bike trip from Charleston to Savannah in late October/early November.....we are done midday on a Saturday, and rather than flying directly home, I thought it might be fun to see either St. Simons or Jekyll Island as we have never been before.....Is the best way to get there renting a car? Is it worth it for just part of a day/staying overnight and then leaving for the west coast on Sunday? I assume we could fly home from and return a rental car at Brunswick Airport.....Are we trying to combine too many things in such a short time? Please advise.....What is a really nice hotel in either St. Simons, Jekyll or an island that I'm not even listing? What will weather be like on the barrier islands in early November? Thanks so much for any advice you might have.
COASTAL ISLANDS OFF OF GEORGIA --- ST. SIMONS OR JEKYLL OR?
View all United States activity »
- 1 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 2 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 3 South Florida luxury hotels with a 5 year old
- 4 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 5 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 6 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 7 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 8 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 9 RIP Judy Rogers
- 10 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 11 Road trip across the USA - looking for suggestions.
- 12 Boston area
- 13 Savanah Sojourn
- 14 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 15 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 16 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 17 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 18 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 19 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 20 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 21 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 22 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 23 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 24 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 25 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!