We will be on an organized bike trip from Charleston to Savannah in late October/early November.....we are done midday on a Saturday, and rather than flying directly home, I thought it might be fun to see either St. Simons or Jekyll Island as we have never been before.....Is the best way to get there renting a car? Is it worth it for just part of a day/staying overnight and then leaving for the west coast on Sunday? I assume we could fly home from and return a rental car at Brunswick Airport.....Are we trying to combine too many things in such a short time? Please advise.....What is a really nice hotel in either St. Simons, Jekyll or an island that I'm not even listing? What will weather be like on the barrier islands in early November? Thanks so much for any advice you might have.
COASTAL ISLANDS OFF OF GEORGIA --- ST. SIMONS OR JEKYLL OR?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip SW
- 2 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 3 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 4 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 5 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 6 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 7 culpepper
- 8 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 9 Chicago trip
- 10 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 11 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 12 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 13 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 14 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 15 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 16 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 17 moving to florida
- 18 Santa Barbara, California
- 19 Hotel near Miami airport
- 20 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 21 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 22 Maui - Kaanapali shuttle/trolley
- 23 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 24 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 25 Philly