We are going to Newport for our vacation. I can't decide between Cliffisde or Francis Malbone. I have heard great things about them. I know there are expensive, but this is our special holiday. There is a small room for $140 at Adele Turner inn (sister of Cliffside with exactly same services), and a similar size room at Francis Malbone for £215, which would you choose. Base on price, i would choose the Adele Turner. The people i spoke to at Cliffside were not as helpful over the phone to answer my questions about their inn. When I spoke to the Innkeeper and one of the owners at Francis Malbone, they were much more helpful, even their email replies are helpful. Cliffside staff seem less approachable. So, i am kind of confused as to whether I should choose Cliffside (Adele) for the lesser price for that particular room or or choose Francis Malbone for their more personal service. Is Francis Malbone really worth the money - is the service that good?
If anyone's stayed at Cliffside, could you tell me that my impression over the phone of Cliffside could be wrong?
I am in a dilemma here, because if i could get the same level of service and comfort at Cliffside for that lesser price for that particular room, then why would I want to go to Francis Malbone, unless it's better service there and breakfast there?
Could someone reply quick, i need to book in the next 24 hours before rooms run out.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 2 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 3 Northern California Gardens.
- 4 Florida with a 2 year old
- 5 Train from east cost to west coast
- 6 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 7 Route 66
- 8 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 9 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 10 Ouray to Aspen or Carbondale to Estes
- 11 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 12 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 13 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 14 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 15 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 16 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 17 Arches or Zion?
- 18 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 19 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 20 Hiking from Aspen to Crested Butte
- 21 Any nice condo's to stay in Seaside, Florida?
- 22 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 23 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 24 Travel Friday Harbor to Olympic Peninsula?
- 25 Trip Report Part 2 (w/teens) - Zion, Bryce and Park City