We're thinking of taking a driving trip to Cleveland, mid-July, and I need some hotel, etc. advice.
We'll likely go to the ballgame on Friday night and the Rock and Roll Museum on Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Otherwise, our time is open.
Re hotels, we don't need anything fancy, just clean, safe and central. I can't remember where we stayed last time we were there (long ago) but the two that come up on expedia in my star-range and price range (thought I'd be happier to spend less) are Cleveland Intercontinental Suites ($153), Intercontinental Cleveland ($189). I haven't check the price yet but there's a recent very good thread that recommends the Radisson. We're also fine with anything like Embassy Suites, Doubletree, etc. Any suggestions? A good location (shops, restaurants, stuff) is really important to us.
We'll have a car but do like to walk. I'd be happy to have your suggestions re restaurants, too. Casual is a must since we're traveling in a teeny car and don't have room for lots of luggage so clothes choices will be at a minimum.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 2 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 3 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 4 Flying from LA to Massachusetts
- 5 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 6 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 7 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 8 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 9 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 10 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 11 Grand Teton Romantic Accomdations
- 12 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 13 New York City and New England
- 14 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 15 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 16 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 17 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 18 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14
- 19 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 20 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 21 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 22 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 23 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 24 Best Destination in USA
- 25 Rules of the Sidewalk