We're thinking of taking a driving trip to Cleveland, mid-July, and I need some hotel, etc. advice.
We'll likely go to the ballgame on Friday night and the Rock and Roll Museum on Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Otherwise, our time is open.
Re hotels, we don't need anything fancy, just clean, safe and central. I can't remember where we stayed last time we were there (long ago) but the two that come up on expedia in my star-range and price range (thought I'd be happier to spend less) are Cleveland Intercontinental Suites ($153), Intercontinental Cleveland ($189). I haven't check the price yet but there's a recent very good thread that recommends the Radisson. We're also fine with anything like Embassy Suites, Doubletree, etc. Any suggestions? A good location (shops, restaurants, stuff) is really important to us.
We'll have a car but do like to walk. I'd be happy to have your suggestions re restaurants, too. Casual is a must since we're traveling in a teeny car and don't have room for lots of luggage so clothes choices will be at a minimum.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 DC Restaurants
- 2 Short Oregon Trip
- 3 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 4 usa roadtrip
- 5 Hawaii and...where?
- 6 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 7 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 8 How much time in Badlands?
- 9 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 10 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 11 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 12 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 13 Chicago 2017
- 14 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 15 Christmas in Colorado
- 16 Chaco Canyon and Mesa Verde
- 17 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 18 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 19 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 20 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
- 21 Marfa/Big Bend
- 22 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 23 JFK to Washington
- 24 Phoenix for the weekend
- 25 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?