We're thinking of taking a driving trip to Cleveland, mid-July, and I need some hotel, etc. advice.
We'll likely go to the ballgame on Friday night and the Rock and Roll Museum on Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Otherwise, our time is open.
Re hotels, we don't need anything fancy, just clean, safe and central. I can't remember where we stayed last time we were there (long ago) but the two that come up on expedia in my star-range and price range (thought I'd be happier to spend less) are Cleveland Intercontinental Suites ($153), Intercontinental Cleveland ($189). I haven't check the price yet but there's a recent very good thread that recommends the Radisson. We're also fine with anything like Embassy Suites, Doubletree, etc. Any suggestions? A good location (shops, restaurants, stuff) is really important to us.
We'll have a car but do like to walk. I'd be happy to have your suggestions re restaurants, too. Casual is a must since we're traveling in a teeny car and don't have room for lots of luggage so clothes choices will be at a minimum.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 2 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 3 Honeymoon out west.
- 4 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 5 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 6 Chicago to Charleston
- 7 Retiring in NM?
- 8 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 9 Route Planning for East USA
- 10 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 11 Utah National Parks visit
- 12 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 13 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 14 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 15 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 16 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 17 universal studios and disney
- 18 Visit to St. Simons Island, Georgia
- 19 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 20 How many states have you been to?
- 21 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 22 USA, Trip to the south
- 23 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)
- 24 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 25 Amtrack: Denver to California?