We're thinking of taking a driving trip to Cleveland, mid-July, and I need some hotel, etc. advice.
We'll likely go to the ballgame on Friday night and the Rock and Roll Museum on Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Otherwise, our time is open.
Re hotels, we don't need anything fancy, just clean, safe and central. I can't remember where we stayed last time we were there (long ago) but the two that come up on expedia in my star-range and price range (thought I'd be happier to spend less) are Cleveland Intercontinental Suites ($153), Intercontinental Cleveland ($189). I haven't check the price yet but there's a recent very good thread that recommends the Radisson. We're also fine with anything like Embassy Suites, Doubletree, etc. Any suggestions? A good location (shops, restaurants, stuff) is really important to us.
We'll have a car but do like to walk. I'd be happy to have your suggestions re restaurants, too. Casual is a must since we're traveling in a teeny car and don't have room for lots of luggage so clothes choices will be at a minimum.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 2 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 3 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 4 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 5 Ideas for New York
- 6 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 7 New York in December
- 8 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 9 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 10 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 11 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 12 Staying outside DC
- 13 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 14 Dallas, Austin, Waco in February
- 15 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 16 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 17 New Years In Asheville with Nature and Beer on the side!
- 18 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 19 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 20 9 days in Olympic NP and Seattle area
- 21 Road trip
- 22 What's your favorite "after theatre" place to eat in NYC??
- 23 Driving from Providence to Ohio in an '82 Volvo with a cat, but...
- 24 Getting married to a French man
- 25 3-week one-way cross country trip in June