My husband and mother had planned a trip to NYC the week prior to Christmas but my husband had to have emergency eye surgery last week and his doc recommended that he not fly for 3-4 weeks because of the pressure changes so we are now looking for a little trip within driving distance (we live in MS). We think we will try Branson. I went there 30 years ago when I was very young and remember very little about it. I like some country music O.K. but don't care to see one such show right after the other. What we are more interested in is Christmas type attractions...lights, nativity plays, Christmas music, etc. I've been told to see the Trail of Lights and go to Silver Dollar City and that the Dixie Stampede was a good dinner show to see. Is there any other suggestions anyone who is more familar with Branson might suggest. We have a condo reserved for six days at Eagle's Nest Resort at Indian Point. Never been there before but it looked like a nice place on the internet. I also read that there are many bald eagles in the area during this time of year. Any suggestions for eagle watching, lake cruises, etc? I've found several interesting things on the internet that look like we may enjoy but like to get first hand opinions if I can. Thanks in advance for any adivice that anyone might be able to offer.
Christmas Season in Branson
- 1 I HATE COLD SORES!!
- 2 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 3 D.C. in a day
- 4 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 5 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 6 Yellowstone Snow Melt, Roads and Trails - Timing
- 7 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 8 A visit to Fallingwater and places nearby
- 9 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 10 Using public transit in San Diego
- 11 Can Foodies Overcome the Flu in Honolulu? A March 2013 Oahu TR...
- 12 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 13 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 14 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 15 Help finalizing August itinerary for Utah NPs (with a child)
- 16 Southern Utah and GC Trip Cont.- Itinerary Help
- 17 Seattle restaurants in Queen Anne neighborhood?
- 18 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 19 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 20 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 21 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 22 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 23 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 24 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 25 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013