My husband and mother had planned a trip to NYC the week prior to Christmas but my husband had to have emergency eye surgery last week and his doc recommended that he not fly for 3-4 weeks because of the pressure changes so we are now looking for a little trip within driving distance (we live in MS). We think we will try Branson. I went there 30 years ago when I was very young and remember very little about it. I like some country music O.K. but don't care to see one such show right after the other. What we are more interested in is Christmas type attractions...lights, nativity plays, Christmas music, etc. I've been told to see the Trail of Lights and go to Silver Dollar City and that the Dixie Stampede was a good dinner show to see. Is there any other suggestions anyone who is more familar with Branson might suggest. We have a condo reserved for six days at Eagle's Nest Resort at Indian Point. Never been there before but it looked like a nice place on the internet. I also read that there are many bald eagles in the area during this time of year. Any suggestions for eagle watching, lake cruises, etc? I've found several interesting things on the internet that look like we may enjoy but like to get first hand opinions if I can. Thanks in advance for any adivice that anyone might be able to offer.
Christmas Season in Branson
View all United States activity »
- 1 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 2 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 3 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 4 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 5 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 6 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 7 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 8 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 9 Savanah Sojourn
- 10 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 11 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 12 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 13 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 14 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 15 Warm and don't Drive
- 16 Train from Boston to Rockport?
- 17 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 18 Rockport, MA dining?
- 19 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 20 Princeville in January
- 21 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 22 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 23 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 24 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 25 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast