My husband and I are taking a road trip through the South between Christmas and New Years, and we will be in Charleston for three nights. The first night we arrive is Christmas Eve and then one of our two full days is Christmas Day. I am starting to get frustrated because nothing is open on Christmas Day and it seems it will be a wasted day entirely - most plantations and houses are closed, stores will be closed, etc. I have found a few good places open to eat (mostly on Christmas Eve) but don't know how to fit in everything I want to do and have no idea what to do on Christmas Day. Any suggestions??? Thanks!
Christmas in Charleston - Help please!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 2 Tipping advice
- 3 Healdsburg tips
- 4 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 5 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 6 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 7 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 8 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 9 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 10 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 11 los angeles restaurants
- 12 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 13 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 14 Help me plan a trip to Nashville and Memphis.
- 15 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 16 Calf trip
- 17 Trip to Jupiter, FL
- 18 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 19 West Maui Restaurants
- 20 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 21 Napa/Sonoma hotel confusion...please help
- 22 Key West Hotel in January
- 23 New Orleans Trip Report - Dec. 2014
- 24 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 25 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15