My husband and I are taking a road trip through the South between Christmas and New Years, and we will be in Charleston for three nights. The first night we arrive is Christmas Eve and then one of our two full days is Christmas Day. I am starting to get frustrated because nothing is open on Christmas Day and it seems it will be a wasted day entirely - most plantations and houses are closed, stores will be closed, etc. I have found a few good places open to eat (mostly on Christmas Eve) but don't know how to fit in everything I want to do and have no idea what to do on Christmas Day. Any suggestions??? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Antonio, Texas
- 2 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 3 Columbia River Gorge and Portland
- 4 Planning Tips for Disney World
- 5 B&B recommendation in Carmel
- 6 Cape Cod or no?
- 7 Colorado Itinerary
- 8 Barrymore vs Triple George Grill
- 9 Accomodations in GNP and beyond
- 10 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 11 Dogs in Taos
- 12 Best place to live in the USA for doctors
- 13 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 14 Wyoming and Dakotas National Parks
- 15 Grand Hyatt Kauai-Why Not?
- 16 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 17 Advice for So. CAL travel with 2 teen boys 13 & 15
- 18 Frederick, MD, with dog and teen daughter
- 19 Parking in Naples Florida
- 20 First trip to Colorado -- driving from Tennessee
- 21 Boston Airport Hotels
- 22 Nashville Never Been
- 23 Snow for next Christmas within a day's drive from Florida
- 24 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 25 Uber boston