My husband and I are taking a road trip through the South between Christmas and New Years, and we will be in Charleston for three nights. The first night we arrive is Christmas Eve and then one of our two full days is Christmas Day. I am starting to get frustrated because nothing is open on Christmas Day and it seems it will be a wasted day entirely - most plantations and houses are closed, stores will be closed, etc. I have found a few good places open to eat (mostly on Christmas Eve) but don't know how to fit in everything I want to do and have no idea what to do on Christmas Day. Any suggestions??? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Worthwhile in San Francisco
- 2 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 3 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 4 florida gulf coast
- 5 Road trip advice needed please
- 6 Visting a friend during layover
- 7 How to eat cheaply in NY
- 8 Chicago restaurants
- 9 Willamette Valley to PDX--what are the options?
- 10 Roadtrip from Chicago to Philadelphia
- 11 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 12 Yosemite vs. Yellowstone
- 13 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 14 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 15 Newark long term parking
- 16 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 17 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 18 Help plan my trip please
- 19 Hotel Choice Chicago: Loop or Magnificent Mile?
- 20 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 21 Chicago: Hotel Monaco, Swissotel, Sofitel?
- 22 Maui, early August
- 23 Going to the sun road open
- 24 Family Trip advice please?!
- 25 Alaska trip itinerary