My husband and I are taking a road trip through the South between Christmas and New Years, and we will be in Charleston for three nights. The first night we arrive is Christmas Eve and then one of our two full days is Christmas Day. I am starting to get frustrated because nothing is open on Christmas Day and it seems it will be a wasted day entirely - most plantations and houses are closed, stores will be closed, etc. I have found a few good places open to eat (mostly on Christmas Eve) but don't know how to fit in everything I want to do and have no idea what to do on Christmas Day. Any suggestions??? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 2 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 3 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 4 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 5 New Years Eve in NYC
- 6 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 7 Vernal, Utah with Teens Trip Report
- 8 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 9 Yellowstone
- 10 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 11 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 12 Redwoods National Park
- 13 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 14 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 15 Rattlesnake Ledge
- 16 March 2017 condo rental ?
- 17 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 18 New Mexico in May
- 19 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 20 Dining in Old Town Alexandria
- 21 Traveling Alone
- 22 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 23 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 24 Last minute trip to Arizona
- 25 How many days in Grand Teton and Yellowstone?