My husband and I are taking a road trip through the South between Christmas and New Years, and we will be in Charleston for three nights. The first night we arrive is Christmas Eve and then one of our two full days is Christmas Day. I am starting to get frustrated because nothing is open on Christmas Day and it seems it will be a wasted day entirely - most plantations and houses are closed, stores will be closed, etc. I have found a few good places open to eat (mostly on Christmas Eve) but don't know how to fit in everything I want to do and have no idea what to do on Christmas Day. Any suggestions??? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 2 watching solar eclipse in Portland
- 3 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 4 Logistics of long-distance car rental
- 5 Hawaii wedding
- 6 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 7 Lava Bike & Hike Tour - Kalapana, Hawaii
- 8 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 9 Adventure Travel in Kenai Peninsula
- 10 12 Must-Read Rental Car & Road Trip Planning Tips
- 11 Oregon Coast with 1, 4 and 6, year old
- 12 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 13 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 14 Looking for quiet beach vacation in Florida
- 15 Oregon Coast question
- 16 California road trip
- 17 Blackwater Falls State Park Lodge vs. Canaan Valley Resort
- 18 Used point to reserve room now a friend wants to stay for free
- 19 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 20 Self-Guided Walking Tours For Savannah and Charleston
- 21 Moving to Montana
- 22 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 23 Makana Charter Reviews in Kauai?
- 24 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 25 Solo Trip to Mid-West