We haven't given up on trying to see the fireworks on July 4th. We are staying at the Salisbury so seeing them from out hotel is not an option. I noticed today when viewing Google maps that Golden Unicorn in Chinatown is an 8 minute walk to FDR highway with no tall building to block the view. We have eaten and liked Golden Unicorn and the are open til 11PM so I am thinking this may work Is it a good idea (safe) to be in that area at night? Looks like we would have to walk down Bowery then Canal to get to the subway. Would this subway stop be less likely to be as crowded as other ones? What is Chinatown like at night?
Chinatown at night on July 4th?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 2 Tipping advice
- 3 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 4 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 5 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 6 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 7 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 8 Boston to Ohio, with visits to FDR Home and Fallingwater
- 9 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 10 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 11 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 12 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 13 West Maui Restaurants
- 14 San Diego Little Italy
- 15 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 16 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 17 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 18 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 19 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 20 Key West Hotel in January
- 21 Healdsburg tips
- 22 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 23 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 24 los angeles restaurants
- 25 Where to add a few days in Colorado?