We haven't given up on trying to see the fireworks on July 4th. We are staying at the Salisbury so seeing them from out hotel is not an option. I noticed today when viewing Google maps that Golden Unicorn in Chinatown is an 8 minute walk to FDR highway with no tall building to block the view. We have eaten and liked Golden Unicorn and the are open til 11PM so I am thinking this may work Is it a good idea (safe) to be in that area at night? Looks like we would have to walk down Bowery then Canal to get to the subway. Would this subway stop be less likely to be as crowded as other ones? What is Chinatown like at night?
Chinatown at night on July 4th?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 2 Tucson area flooding
- 3 Long Weekend Travel - Where to?
- 4 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 5 Boston suggestions
- 6 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 7 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 8 Winter/Spring Trip Ideas from Ohio
- 9 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 10 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 11 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 12 Ben Landa
- 13 4 week family trip ideas
- 14 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 15 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 16 Looking for Next Destination
- 17 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 18 Cabo cancelled, so where shall 14 of us go for childless long wknd??
- 19 West Coast Road Trip
- 20 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 21 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 22 Driving from Las Vegas to Santa Fe - A few questions.
- 23 Seattle : Airport to Hotel best/economical transportation??
- 24 first time in AZ
- 25 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?