just booked a last minute 4 day trip to the windy city for me and the kids (9&11). we will be going to the zoo, aquarium, museum of science and industry, lake Mich and millenium park for sure.
Help: I'm trying to decide where to stay: I am splurging and either a hyatt (park regency or magnificent mile), or ritz or four seasons. need to sleep kind of separate from my kids, and want quiet room. want really good service.
my kids love food of all kinds, are adventurous enough and don't usually order off the kids menu; but my younger son is kind of loud on occasion so hush hush places aren't good for us. i don't want to waste a meal on a bad one, and would love recommendations of places we can go based upon where we're sightseeing/the above hotels' locations.
They are also lovers of sweets and baked goods, so recommendations on donuts, cookies, cupcakes etc also much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 DC GTG Dinner at Carmine's, April 29
- 2 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 3 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 4 flagstaff
- 5 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 6 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 7 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 8 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 9 Dinner with two 12 year old boys
- 10 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 11 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 12 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 13 San Francisco, Portland, & Seattle Honeymoon
- 14 Carrizo Plain National Monument Wildflower "Superbloom"
- 15 Austin, Hotel
- 16 US Trip
- 17 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 18 Bryce and Zion planning
- 19 Maui - luau question
- 20 1 year anniversary in Colorado in July
- 21 Kathie & Cheryl's notes from Kauai 2017
- 22 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 23 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 24 Salt Lake to Telluride Road Trip
- 25 Landslide damages a portion of Scenic Highway 12 (SR-12)