I need to be in Valparaiso mid-morning tomorrow, starting from the Fox Valley area. I've driven from the the Chicago area to/through Northern Indiana before, but never on a weekday morning during rush hour. Tomorrow's a holiday, which might help a little with the traffic, but I think most are still working. I'm thinking of going I88-I355-I80-I65 then across on 30. I know about the trouble spots on I88 (the perpetual construction zone), but not on the rest of the route. Would I294 be better? How would you go, and how much time would you allow? Thanks!
Chicago Western suburbs to Valparaiso on a Monday morning
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 2 Cape Cod trip report
- 3 Drive Seattle to Las Vegas
- 4 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 5 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 6 Road Trip SW
- 7 Denver, Colorado, local's advice: Bistrot Vendome or other?
- 8 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 9 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 10 Yellowstone/Badlands trip, family of five, revised itinerary, June 2015
- 11 yk & family 4-day trip to Portland, Maine; July 2014
- 12 moving to florida
- 13 New Englandly: a Bit of Time in Massachusetts and Maine
- 14 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 15 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 16 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 17 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 18 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 19 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 20 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 21 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 22 Alaska Trip Report—10 days by car in July
- 23 Seafood
- 24 2 weeks in Alaska
- 25 San Diego farmer's markets