Can someone please suggest a nice walkable neighborhood not too far from downtown Chicago. I mean one that has some eclectic storefront shops (2nd hand even), pubs and is “safe”. My wife and I love to walk and years ago we did it in an area that might have been out on Clark or Halsted? Or is it the Goose Island area? We will take a cab out that way from our hotel downtown but just wanted to see something other than what’s on the Michigan Avenue corridor. Thanks in advance!
Chicago walking neighborhoods
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 2 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 3 Las Vegas to Los Angeles via Death Valley
- 4 San Diego/Los Angeles Trip with Teens
- 5 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 6 Alaska cruise and land
- 7 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 8 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 9 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 10 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 11 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 12 NYC taxi vs car service
- 13 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 14 rain in Kauai
- 15 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 16 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 17 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 18 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 19 WISCONSIN
- 20 Wedding in Hawaii
- 21 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 22 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 23 Shuttle Recommendations - Penn Station to JFK
- 24 Cabins less than one hour Rabun County Georgia in NC
- 25 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions