Can someone please suggest a nice walkable neighborhood not too far from downtown Chicago. I mean one that has some eclectic storefront shops (2nd hand even), pubs and is “safe”. My wife and I love to walk and years ago we did it in an area that might have been out on Clark or Halsted? Or is it the Goose Island area? We will take a cab out that way from our hotel downtown but just wanted to see something other than what’s on the Michigan Avenue corridor. Thanks in advance!
Chicago walking neighborhoods
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 2 Traveling from Seattle to Parksville BC.
- 3 Best spot to see a sunrise in Boston
- 4 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 5 itinerary help (starting niagra falls)
- 6 HOW TO WEAR: BIRKENSTOCK SANDALS FOR WOMEN
- 7 Romantic destination in the US
- 8 Cleveland to Chicago by train
- 9 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 10 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 11 Moving out of states from Florida
- 12 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 13 Best route to Lassen from Woodside?
- 14 family road trip
- 15 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 16 Alaska Trip Planning
- 17 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 18 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 19 Charleston + Savannah in June
- 20 Getting from JFK to Midtown
- 21 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 22 NY Times magazine -- Walking New York.
- 23 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 24 Recommended Air BnB Somewhere Between Columbus and Cleveland?
- 25 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!