Can someone please suggest a nice walkable neighborhood not too far from downtown Chicago. I mean one that has some eclectic storefront shops (2nd hand even), pubs and is “safe”. My wife and I love to walk and years ago we did it in an area that might have been out on Clark or Halsted? Or is it the Goose Island area? We will take a cab out that way from our hotel downtown but just wanted to see something other than what’s on the Michigan Avenue corridor. Thanks in advance!
Chicago walking neighborhoods
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Northwest USA
- 2 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 3 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 4 Ackislander
- 5 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 6 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 7 san diego or nearby area
- 8 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 9 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 10 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 11 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 12 Moving to CT
- 13 LA for a day and a half
- 14 Hotels Philly
- 15 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 16 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 17 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 18 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 19 Texas
- 20 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 21 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 22 Thanksgiving in Lake Placid / Adirondacks
- 23 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 24 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 25 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC