Can someone please suggest a nice walkable neighborhood not too far from downtown Chicago. I mean one that has some eclectic storefront shops (2nd hand even), pubs and is “safe”. My wife and I love to walk and years ago we did it in an area that might have been out on Clark or Halsted? Or is it the Goose Island area? We will take a cab out that way from our hotel downtown but just wanted to see something other than what’s on the Michigan Avenue corridor. Thanks in advance!
Chicago walking neighborhoods
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from Philly to Stowe, VT. Need a scenic route!
- 2 Baggage & Missed Plane Connection Questions
- 3 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 4 Transportation between Seattle airport and Victoria Clipper pier
- 5 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 6 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 7 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 8 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 9 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 10 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 11 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 12 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 13 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 14 3 days in Lake Travis area near Austin Texas
- 15 A Beautiful Bike Ride in Southern Delaware (Rehoboth, Bethany)
- 16 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 17 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 18 LA Long Weekend--Itinerary Help
- 19 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 20 Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 21 San Francisco Transportation tips from Lombard Street!?
- 22 Long Island Advice
- 23 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 24 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 25 Philadelphia ?