In the early stages of planning a road trip. Our starting and ending point is Canada - southern Ontario - but will head to Chicago for a few days first then on to Badlands National Park. Any thoughts on some sights/destinations in between? Timing: early to mid June. Would if possible prefer every leg of this trip to have something interesting worth travelling to, even if a little out of the way, would like more than just a roadside hotel with a bed for the night, and don't want marathon drives every day. After Badlands will head up to Theodore Roosevelt in ND and then possibly to Grasslands National Park in Saskatchewan, Canada before heading gradually home (although we may save the last for another trip in which case I'll be looking for another interesting route home). So any other insights to that general section of North America would be welcomed. We are active mid-aged, no kids, love nature, scenery, birdwatching, light to moderate hiking, interesting small towns and good food.
Chicago to Badlands - interesting stopovers, etc?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 2 Oahu ideas
- 3 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 4 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 5 San Diego grocery stores
- 6 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 7 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 8 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 9 West Coast Bound End of March
- 10 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 11 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 12 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 13 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 14 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 15 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 16 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 17 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 18 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 19 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 20 Best places to move to Florida?
- 21 Juneau May 8th
- 22 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 23 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 24 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 25 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014