In the early stages of planning a road trip. Our starting and ending point is Canada - southern Ontario - but will head to Chicago for a few days first then on to Badlands National Park. Any thoughts on some sights/destinations in between? Timing: early to mid June. Would if possible prefer every leg of this trip to have something interesting worth travelling to, even if a little out of the way, would like more than just a roadside hotel with a bed for the night, and don't want marathon drives every day. After Badlands will head up to Theodore Roosevelt in ND and then possibly to Grasslands National Park in Saskatchewan, Canada before heading gradually home (although we may save the last for another trip in which case I'll be looking for another interesting route home). So any other insights to that general section of North America would be welcomed. We are active mid-aged, no kids, love nature, scenery, birdwatching, light to moderate hiking, interesting small towns and good food.
Chicago to Badlands - interesting stopovers, etc?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 2 hilton capital
- 3 NBA tickets??
- 4 Boston hotel & transportation
- 5 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 6 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 7 dinah shore weekend Palm Springs
- 8 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 9 Getaway
- 10 Triple threat storms and lava flow
- 11 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 12 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 13 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 14 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 15 Theater Historians
- 16 Air Connections on Maui
- 17 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 18 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 19 Black Hills Trip Report
- 20 USA trip
- 21 Sonoma or napa?
- 22 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 23 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 24 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 25 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa