We live in southern Indiana and are hoping to spend a couple of days mid-week in Chicago before Christmas to see the decorations and do some shopping. I DO NOT want to drive in Chicago traffic. Would staying near Midway and taking the subway into the city be a good option? Are there better options for staying south of the city?
Chicago-staying outside the city near public transportation
- 1 Driving from Atlanta to Orlando With kids resting stops
- 2 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 3 Road Trip - Las Vegas, NV to Monterey, CA
- 4 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 5 Customs & Checked Baggage at O'Hare - coming from Dublin Airport
- 6 Help with New York Itinerary!
- 7 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 8 Central Coast of Maine in August
- 9 Middlebury vt quickie
- 10 Road trip New Jersey to Montana
- 11 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 12 NYC
- 13 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 14 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 15 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?
- 16 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 17 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 18 Kwaussies road trip, the final chapter!
- 19 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 20 Cheap Hotel in NY
- 21 hello guys....
- 22 Chicago: Clark & Lake Street Subway Stop
- 23 Albuquerque to Denver
- 24 Itinerary Ideas for 2nd Trip to NYC ... without kids this time
- 25 New York-Texas Road Trip