We live in southern Indiana and are hoping to spend a couple of days mid-week in Chicago before Christmas to see the decorations and do some shopping. I DO NOT want to drive in Chicago traffic. Would staying near Midway and taking the subway into the city be a good option? Are there better options for staying south of the city?
Chicago-staying outside the city near public transportation
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip to Memphis and Nashville
- 2 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 3 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 4 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 5 which river tour out of Haines, Alaska?
- 6 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 7 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 8 Can you help my girlfriend and me with our itinerary?
- 9 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 10 Miami Marlins
- 11 Florida or caribbean
- 12 Cross Country RV Trip
- 13 California
- 14 Where should a coffee drinker worship in NYC?
- 15 Northern California in February
- 16 New England September
- 17 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 18 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 19 Adventure Seeker/Artist in Seattle
- 20 Ackislander
- 21 Universal Orlando
- 22 Park Central Hotel via Priceline uh-oh
- 23 Scottsdale Mexican Restaurant Near Omni Scottsdale
- 24 Roadtrip in the deep south in August?
- 25 First Trip to California with Family of 6