We live in southern Indiana and are hoping to spend a couple of days mid-week in Chicago before Christmas to see the decorations and do some shopping. I DO NOT want to drive in Chicago traffic. Would staying near Midway and taking the subway into the city be a good option? Are there better options for staying south of the city?
Chicago-staying outside the city near public transportation
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving routes to Washington, D.C.
- 2 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 3 Cumberland Island and Surrounding Area
- 4 Is Stars Deli still there, 53rd and Lex?
- 5 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 6 1 day in the Tampa/St Pete's area- what to do?
- 7 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 8 Acadia National Park/New England States
- 9 Shenandoah National Park
- 10 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 11 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 12 Seattle Visit April
- 13 Unique but reasonable restaurants in Las Vegas
- 14 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 15 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 16 Best destination for east coast beach vacation in August?
- 17 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 18 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 19 Morning in miami
- 20 Whidbey Island inns that allow kids
- 21 Roadtrip Key West or Marco Island in January
- 22 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 23 Dinsey Wolrd - another "what resort" question
- 24 One night on the outskirts of Seattle - anywhere neat for the night
- 25 Old Faithful Inn East Vs West Wing differences