We live in southern Indiana and are hoping to spend a couple of days mid-week in Chicago before Christmas to see the decorations and do some shopping. I DO NOT want to drive in Chicago traffic. Would staying near Midway and taking the subway into the city be a good option? Are there better options for staying south of the city?
Chicago-staying outside the city near public transportation
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yosemite Fire
- 2 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 3 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 4 Lodging - Yosemite
- 5 3 weeks covering SF, Monterey, Lake Isabella, Las Vegas and LA (Disney)
- 6 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 7 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 8 Road Trip SW
- 9 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 10 Place to Grab a Bite to Eat near Wilmington train station?
- 11 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 12 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 13 An RV trip along the coast
- 14 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 15 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 16 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 17 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 18 Fancy dining
- 19 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 20 Charlotte restaurant help
- 21 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 22 Historic Houses & Sites near Charleston & Savannah.
- 23 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 24 Need help with 2 days in Yellowstone with West Yellowstone Lodging
- 25 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs