We live in southern Indiana and are hoping to spend a couple of days mid-week in Chicago before Christmas to see the decorations and do some shopping. I DO NOT want to drive in Chicago traffic. Would staying near Midway and taking the subway into the city be a good option? Are there better options for staying south of the city?
Chicago-staying outside the city near public transportation
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How To Looks Fine
- 2 Vegas in mid may
- 3 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 4 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 5 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 6 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 7 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 8 from Moab to Bryce
- 9 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 10 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 11 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 12 Phoenix/Tucson Airport Shuttles
- 13 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 14 Taxi from LGA to midtown, best route
- 15 Hana from the aiport
- 16 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 17 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 18 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 19 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 20 condo in Florida for 2016?
- 21 Driving Seattle to Lethbridge
- 22 Big Island touring – clockwise best?
- 23 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 24 San Diego-Hotel
- 25 Los Angeles day trips