I'll be in Chicago in July (yikes, I know, it was neck and neck, either July or August, both H-O-T I understand).
Hoping to get some great insights from the experts...
Kindly recommended day trip outside Chicago, or even, if it's more than a few hours away, staying overnight in another interesting area.
Usually when I visit a city I like to see if there's anything else outside of it that's interesting to do. I enjoy nature/beautiful scenery, other charming towns, etc.
I've been asking around and all anyone recommends is Frank Lloyd Wright's house. Is there anything else? (not that interested in that house, sorry)
Anything from a few hours out, to even staying overnight somewhere else, is what I'm interested in. Preferably via public transport.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to share. Appreciate your recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 If you are healthcare an harm,
- 2 Philly Itinerary Help
- 3 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 4 Route 81: RI to Orlando
- 5 There's a Tulip Field in Texas!
- 6 4 days road trip southern New England
- 7 10 days in Alaska. Help please
- 8 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 9 Which of these 3 Kona hotels
- 10 Best People Traffic Counters
- 11 trip out west horses and rafting
- 12 Bryce and Zion hikes and photography
- 13 California road trip - RV/camping or hotels
- 14 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 15 Sky Harbor to Tucson shuttle
- 16 Limo LGA to Sayville: Which Company?
- 17 Costco Travel
- 18 Road Trip Florida to Maine
- 19 D.C. UNION STATION SIGHT SEEING
- 20 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 21 Little Bighorn, beartooth, Yellowstone, Tetons, Jackson hole, Cody
- 22 Big Island Hawaii car rental
- 23 USA family tour
- 24 Country Walkers
- 25 Kailua-kona 1892 monument
Chicago - Recommend good day trip outside the city or over-nighter?