I'll be in Chicago in July (yikes, I know, it was neck and neck, either July or August, both H-O-T I understand).
Hoping to get some great insights from the experts...
Kindly recommended day trip outside Chicago, or even, if it's more than a few hours away, staying overnight in another interesting area.
Usually when I visit a city I like to see if there's anything else outside of it that's interesting to do. I enjoy nature/beautiful scenery, other charming towns, etc.
I've been asking around and all anyone recommends is Frank Lloyd Wright's house. Is there anything else? (not that interested in that house, sorry)
Anything from a few hours out, to even staying overnight somewhere else, is what I'm interested in. Preferably via public transport.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to share. Appreciate your recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://advancemenpower.com/testo-muscle-fuel/
- 2 Coastal California trip with toddlers in April
- 3 Boston to Naples florida
- 4 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 5 Retiring to Tucson
- 6 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 7 Hotel in Reno
- 8 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 9 Trinity Site, NM
- 10 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 11 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 12 North Carolina airports
- 13 best health clubs with lap pools
- 14 10 days vacation in California
- 15 Santa Fe Itineray
- 16 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 17 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 18 Tampa Suborns vs Orlando Suborns? To Raise a Family.
- 19 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 20 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 21 Luxury hotel in Charleston
- 22 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 23 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 24 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 25 Day trip to Disney, Orlando
Chicago - Recommend good day trip outside the city or over-nighter?