I'll be in Chicago in July (yikes, I know, it was neck and neck, either July or August, both H-O-T I understand).
Hoping to get some great insights from the experts...
Kindly recommended day trip outside Chicago, or even, if it's more than a few hours away, staying overnight in another interesting area.
Usually when I visit a city I like to see if there's anything else outside of it that's interesting to do. I enjoy nature/beautiful scenery, other charming towns, etc.
I've been asking around and all anyone recommends is Frank Lloyd Wright's house. Is there anything else? (not that interested in that house, sorry)
Anything from a few hours out, to even staying overnight somewhere else, is what I'm interested in. Preferably via public transport.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to share. Appreciate your recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 2 OHare car service north suburbs
- 3 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 4 Yellowstone
- 5 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 6 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 7 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming
- 8 Ah, The California Wine Country!
- 9 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 10 The Williamsburg Wedding
- 11 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 12 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 13 Wine Bars in Hollywood / Fort Lauderdale
- 14 Mass Pike Electronic Tolling starts 10/28
- 15 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 16 Page, AZ area
- 17 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 18 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 19 saint john the divine concert for peace tickets
- 20 Traveling Alone
- 21 Northern California Redwoods
- 22 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 23 Redwoods National Park
- 24 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 25 Polynesian Cultural Centre
Chicago - Recommend good day trip outside the city or over-nighter?