I'll be in Chicago in July (yikes, I know, it was neck and neck, either July or August, both H-O-T I understand).
Hoping to get some great insights from the experts...
Kindly recommended day trip outside Chicago, or even, if it's more than a few hours away, staying overnight in another interesting area.
Usually when I visit a city I like to see if there's anything else outside of it that's interesting to do. I enjoy nature/beautiful scenery, other charming towns, etc.
I've been asking around and all anyone recommends is Frank Lloyd Wright's house. Is there anything else? (not that interested in that house, sorry)
Anything from a few hours out, to even staying overnight somewhere else, is what I'm interested in. Preferably via public transport.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to share. Appreciate your recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago Stamina
- 2 las vegas anyone
- 3 Glacier, Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks
- 4 Finding Steve Perry
- 5 Hiking 'the wave'
- 6 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 7 Hawaii: 3 islands
- 8 Fall colours first 2 weeks of October Boston area
- 9 Wyoming and Dakotas National Parks
- 10 Tksgiving trip Anacortes or Whidbey Island?
- 11 Any suggestions for the holidays 2016
- 12 West Coast (San Francisco to San Diego) Road Trip
- 13 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 14 Restaurant Help Needed
- 15 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Policy
- 16 Trip to visit our children in St Louis, MO and Little Rock, AR.
- 17 Best Culinary Tour in Charleston?
- 18 Seattle first timers....outdoor trip in October
- 19 Dog friendly beaches near Savannah?
- 20 Pacific Northwest Food and Wine
- 21 Last Minute NYC tips??
- 22 LA to Carlsbad, 7 days, December
- 23 San Jose to Napa Valley
- 24 5 Day Photography Road Trip from Vegas to Denver
- 25 Foliage in Vermont
Chicago - Recommend good day trip outside the city or over-nighter?