I'll be in Chicago in July (yikes, I know, it was neck and neck, either July or August, both H-O-T I understand).
Hoping to get some great insights from the experts...
Kindly recommended day trip outside Chicago, or even, if it's more than a few hours away, staying overnight in another interesting area.
Usually when I visit a city I like to see if there's anything else outside of it that's interesting to do. I enjoy nature/beautiful scenery, other charming towns, etc.
I've been asking around and all anyone recommends is Frank Lloyd Wright's house. Is there anything else? (not that interested in that house, sorry)
Anything from a few hours out, to even staying overnight somewhere else, is what I'm interested in. Preferably via public transport.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to share. Appreciate your recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 YAHOO MAIL TECH 1800-540-6830
- 2 Quickbooks pos support phone number l844 55l 9757
- 3 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 4 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 5 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 6 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 7 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 8 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 9 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 10 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 11 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 12 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 13 AR State Parks
- 14 California Trip
- 15 101 closure
- 16 Drive Mt Ranier to Port Angeles- any can't miss sites along the way?
- 17 Sonoma
- 18 14 day road trip from Birmingham Alabama to Yellowstone part
- 19 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 20 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 21 Chadd's Ford/Andrew Wyeth
- 22 Wedding and Romantic Getaway in Florida Coast
- 23 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 24 Road trip around Washington DC
- 25 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
Chicago - Recommend good day trip outside the city or over-nighter?