I'll be in Chicago in July (yikes, I know, it was neck and neck, either July or August, both H-O-T I understand).
Hoping to get some great insights from the experts...
Kindly recommended day trip outside Chicago, or even, if it's more than a few hours away, staying overnight in another interesting area.
Usually when I visit a city I like to see if there's anything else outside of it that's interesting to do. I enjoy nature/beautiful scenery, other charming towns, etc.
I've been asking around and all anyone recommends is Frank Lloyd Wright's house. Is there anything else? (not that interested in that house, sorry)
Anything from a few hours out, to even staying overnight somewhere else, is what I'm interested in. Preferably via public transport.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to share. Appreciate your recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road to Hana - tour company or on your own
- 2 First Trip to Texas -
- 3 New Hampshire
- 4 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 5 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 6 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 7 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 8 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 9 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 10 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 11 Beaches in Florida
- 12 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 13 Nashville Questions
- 14 Best stay, park & fly hotel near Boston Logan airport?
- 15 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 16 Downtown Chicago
- 17 Pittsburgh to New York City
- 18 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 19 Transportation from Lahaina to Kaanapali Westin
- 20 Charleston Hotel Question
- 21 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 22 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 23 Driving to Naples fl
- 24 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 25 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Chicago - Recommend good day trip outside the city or over-nighter?