I'll be in Chicago in July (yikes, I know, it was neck and neck, either July or August, both H-O-T I understand).
Hoping to get some great insights from the experts...
Kindly recommended day trip outside Chicago, or even, if it's more than a few hours away, staying overnight in another interesting area.
Usually when I visit a city I like to see if there's anything else outside of it that's interesting to do. I enjoy nature/beautiful scenery, other charming towns, etc.
I've been asking around and all anyone recommends is Frank Lloyd Wright's house. Is there anything else? (not that interested in that house, sorry)
Anything from a few hours out, to even staying overnight somewhere else, is what I'm interested in. Preferably via public transport.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to share. Appreciate your recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NY State Assembly Internship
- 2 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 3 White Christmas
- 4 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 5 Seattle/Vancouver in July
- 6 1__877_509__0415 OUTLOOK HELPLINE NUMBER
- 7 --- GMAIL CUSTOMER CARE NUMBER
- 8 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 9 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 10 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 11 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 12 Grand Canyon
- 13 San Francisco and Napa
- 14 Late Feb/Early March honeymoon: Maui, Kauai, or other?
- 15 Killington Ski Hotel??
- 16 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 17 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 18 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 19 Going to Coachella - what to do after the festival
- 20 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 21 Midway point
- 22 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 23 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 24 New York City
- 25 Driving from Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death Valley in December?
Chicago - Recommend good day trip outside the city or over-nighter?