I'll be in Chicago in July (yikes, I know, it was neck and neck, either July or August, both H-O-T I understand).
Hoping to get some great insights from the experts...
Kindly recommended day trip outside Chicago, or even, if it's more than a few hours away, staying overnight in another interesting area.
Usually when I visit a city I like to see if there's anything else outside of it that's interesting to do. I enjoy nature/beautiful scenery, other charming towns, etc.
I've been asking around and all anyone recommends is Frank Lloyd Wright's house. Is there anything else? (not that interested in that house, sorry)
Anything from a few hours out, to even staying overnight somewhere else, is what I'm interested in. Preferably via public transport.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to share. Appreciate your recommendations.
Chicago - Recommend good day trip outside the city or over-nighter?
- 1 Albuquerque to Denver
- 2 San Diego surfing
- 3 surfing in San Diego
- 4 Dulles Airport to Baltimore hotel
- 5 Central Coast of Maine in August
- 6 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 7 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?
- 8 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 9 San Francisco Anniversary Trip
- 10 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 11 Iteneray help: Santa Fe-Taos-Durango-Colorado Springs
- 12 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 13 Southwest Crawl: Colorado to Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 14 Whislter or Rocky Mountain?
- 15 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 16 Chicago: Clark & Lake Street Subway Stop
- 17 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 18 Meredith New Hampshire
- 19 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 20 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG
- 21 Road Trip From Indiana to California..what to do?
- 22 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 23 coast drive from Seattle to San Francisco
- 24 5 State memorial day round trip!
- 25 Muir Woods from SF, then to Carmel - best plan?