I'll be in Chicago in July (yikes, I know, it was neck and neck, either July or August, both H-O-T I understand).
Hoping to get some great insights from the experts...
Kindly recommended day trip outside Chicago, or even, if it's more than a few hours away, staying overnight in another interesting area.
Usually when I visit a city I like to see if there's anything else outside of it that's interesting to do. I enjoy nature/beautiful scenery, other charming towns, etc.
I've been asking around and all anyone recommends is Frank Lloyd Wright's house. Is there anything else? (not that interested in that house, sorry)
Anything from a few hours out, to even staying overnight somewhere else, is what I'm interested in. Preferably via public transport.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to share. Appreciate your recommendations.
Chicago - Recommend good day trip outside the city or over-nighter?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 2 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 3 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 4 Maui vacation
- 5 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 6 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 7 Brooklyn why?
- 8 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 9 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 10 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 11 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 12 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 13 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 14 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 15 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 16 WISCONSIN
- 17 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 18 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 19 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 20 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 21 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 22 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 23 New York City Restaurants
- 24 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 25 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco