I'll be in Chicago in July (yikes, I know, it was neck and neck, either July or August, both H-O-T I understand).
Hoping to get some great insights from the experts...
Kindly recommended day trip outside Chicago, or even, if it's more than a few hours away, staying overnight in another interesting area.
Usually when I visit a city I like to see if there's anything else outside of it that's interesting to do. I enjoy nature/beautiful scenery, other charming towns, etc.
I've been asking around and all anyone recommends is Frank Lloyd Wright's house. Is there anything else? (not that interested in that house, sorry)
Anything from a few hours out, to even staying overnight somewhere else, is what I'm interested in. Preferably via public transport.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to share. Appreciate your recommendations.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 best custom bobblehead doll
- 2 Uber availability on Long Island
- 3 Any Recent Travelers on I 80 in Iowa and Nebraska
- 4 Road Trip from Portland to San Francisco
- 5 Where to stay to visit Glacier National Park
- 6 Bracebridge Dinner at the Ahwahnee Hotel
- 7 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 8 East Coast Road Trip - What maps to use?
- 9 Fort Myers Area
- 10 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 11 4 Days in Mass.
- 12 Help with vegas to phoenix national parks roadtrip in november
- 13 Opinions: key west accommodation
- 14 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 15 Yellowstone
- 16 NYE in FLL or Miami Beach
- 17 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 18 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 19 Christmas Day in NYC?
- 20 Washington visit...perhaps relocate
- 21 Spokane to Glacier NP
- 22 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 23 Hawaii with older parents
- 24 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 25 Drive tour Portland to San Francisco
Chicago - Recommend good day trip outside the city or over-nighter?