I'll be in Chicago in July (yikes, I know, it was neck and neck, either July or August, both H-O-T I understand).
Hoping to get some great insights from the experts...
Kindly recommended day trip outside Chicago, or even, if it's more than a few hours away, staying overnight in another interesting area.
Usually when I visit a city I like to see if there's anything else outside of it that's interesting to do. I enjoy nature/beautiful scenery, other charming towns, etc.
I've been asking around and all anyone recommends is Frank Lloyd Wright's house. Is there anything else? (not that interested in that house, sorry)
Anything from a few hours out, to even staying overnight somewhere else, is what I'm interested in. Preferably via public transport.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to share. Appreciate your recommendations.
Chicago - Recommend good day trip outside the city or over-nighter?
- 1 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 2 Broadway Banter: The Fall, 2013 edition
- 3 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 4 Apartment For Rent in Philadelphia
- 5 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 6 Warm and don't Drive
- 7 Philadelphia or Chicago
- 8 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 9 DETROIT'S BEAUTIFUL SIDE
- 10 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 11 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 12 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 13 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 Savanah Sojourn
- 16 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 17 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 18 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 19 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 20 Old Fall River Road closed in Rocky Mountain National Park through 2014
- 21 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 22 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 23 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 24 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 25 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January