I am considering jobs and these two cities are strong contenders as possibilities. The real unknown for me is Chicago. I have already been to Philly and really like the Center City area. (Philly has more going for it, such
What am I looking for? Good public transportation (i.e., don't need a car), vibrant urban center, ethnic diversity (i.e., decent size Chinatown, Latin American community, queer community), open-mindedness toward differences, great restaurants, people-watching and cultural opportunities. Philly from what I've seen has enough of what I'm looking for to keep me happy. To give you an idea, I also love NYC, Boston and to a degree DC, Montreal and Toronto in Canada, and a number of European cities like Paris, London and Brussels...These cities though are quite expensive, so Philadelphia and (possibly) Chicago have seemed like better options.
So I want to hear opinions and comparisons from people who've travelled to both, maybe if I'm lucky, have lived in both. Yes, I realize this is not a relocation forum (hi BJ) but I think some of my queries may interest potential travellers also. I'd be particularly interested to hear from those who LIKE (or at least appreciate aspects of) Philadelphia already, since I know that I do appreciate the vitality of that city.
Chicago or Philadelphia?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Traveling with friends? Sharing your wallet?
- 2 Help! Lost/Stolen Wallet On Vacation -- How Can We Get Home??
- 3 New York City Fashionistas...hot handbags? No flames PLEASE!
- 4 So you love handbags!
- 5 Vegas - outdoor booths selling handbags
- 6 Man arrested bringing fake handbags into Manhattan
- 7 replica designer handbags
- 8 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 9 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 10 Boston GTG? 7/17/14
- 11 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 12 Trip Report - Hiking to the HOLLYWOOD sign
- 13 Re-Visit DC
- 14 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 15 Seattle Trip - Snoqualmie Falls
- 16 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 17 Looking for One night commutable to NYC (Solo)
- 18 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 19 From Raleigh-Durham to Miami
- 20 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 21 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 22 Question about a private tour in Florence from Livorno port
- 23 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 24 San Fran to Crater Lake? round trip one week
- 25 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel