I am considering jobs and these two cities are strong contenders as possibilities. The real unknown for me is Chicago. I have already been to Philly and really like the Center City area. (Philly has more going for it, such
What am I looking for? Good public transportation (i.e., don't need a car), vibrant urban center, ethnic diversity (i.e., decent size Chinatown, Latin American community, queer community), open-mindedness toward differences, great restaurants, people-watching and cultural opportunities. Philly from what I've seen has enough of what I'm looking for to keep me happy. To give you an idea, I also love NYC, Boston and to a degree DC, Montreal and Toronto in Canada, and a number of European cities like Paris, London and Brussels...These cities though are quite expensive, so Philadelphia and (possibly) Chicago have seemed like better options.
So I want to hear opinions and comparisons from people who've travelled to both, maybe if I'm lucky, have lived in both. Yes, I realize this is not a relocation forum (hi BJ) but I think some of my queries may interest potential travellers also. I'd be particularly interested to hear from those who LIKE (or at least appreciate aspects of) Philadelphia already, since I know that I do appreciate the vitality of that city.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://puresupplementss.com/garcinia-cambogia-zt/
- 2 A June trip to Kauai
- 3 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 4 ONE DY ONE NIGHT IN LA
- 5 A day in Boston
- 6 2 days in DC with 18 year old
- 7 Florida - East Coast vs. Gulf Coast - opinion asap
- 8 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?
- 9 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 10 California Road Trip: SFO-Mount Shasta-Monterey (10 days)
- 11 Need advice about Toms River/Seaside Heights NJ
- 12 Western National Parks Road Trip (Revised)
- 13 Mystic CT
- 14 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 15 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 16 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 17 Western National Parks Road Trip
- 18 Los Angeles - 12 hours in Downtown Travel Report
- 19 Your favourite places in New York City
- 20 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 21 Seattle to Gardiner by car.
- 22 Orlando - condoleances
- 23 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 24 1st trip to Colorado
- 25 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike