I'm heading to Chicago tomorrow for the fourth time, but planning to visit the Hyde Park area for the first time. The main thing we want to do is to tour Robie House, and given that it's a holiday weekend, we're likely planning to buy tickets online today. Our flight gets into Midway at 10am, so I'm anticipating being at the hotel (Hotel Monaco on N. Wabash) by 11, hopefully checking in and getting some lunch before heading to Hyde Park. TaxiFareFinder estimates a cab fare at about $24 from our hotel to the Hyde Park area - does that sound about right to Chicagoans? That would be pretty pricy to get there and back, but the bus looks like it's about 45 minutes to an hour one way depending on how lost we get . Any tips on the Hyde Park area or transit to/from there would be greatly appreciated - I've read that Hyde Park should be fine but is near some neighborhoods we don't want to get lost in.
Chicago - Loop to Robie House
View all United States activity »
- 1 Watch The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Online free 2013
- 2 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 3 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 4 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 5 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 6 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 7 Vero Beach FL
- 8 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 9 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 10 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 11 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 12 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 13 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 16 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 17 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 18 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 19 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 20 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 21 Question about Boulder area
- 22 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 23 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 24 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 25 Grand Canyon in March?