I'm heading to Chicago tomorrow for the fourth time, but planning to visit the Hyde Park area for the first time. The main thing we want to do is to tour Robie House, and given that it's a holiday weekend, we're likely planning to buy tickets online today. Our flight gets into Midway at 10am, so I'm anticipating being at the hotel (Hotel Monaco on N. Wabash) by 11, hopefully checking in and getting some lunch before heading to Hyde Park. TaxiFareFinder estimates a cab fare at about $24 from our hotel to the Hyde Park area - does that sound about right to Chicagoans? That would be pretty pricy to get there and back, but the bus looks like it's about 45 minutes to an hour one way depending on how lost we get . Any tips on the Hyde Park area or transit to/from there would be greatly appreciated - I've read that Hyde Park should be fine but is near some neighborhoods we don't want to get lost in.
Chicago - Loop to Robie House
- 1 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 2 Boston and surrounding area
- 3 Transportation from Jackson to Jackson Hole airport
- 4 Albuquerque to Denver
- 5 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 6 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 7 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 8 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 9 Middlebury vt quickie
- 10 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 11 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 12 Savannah restaurants
- 13 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 14 American Airlines reservation question
- 15 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 16 Car trip from Seattle
- 17 Alaska Camping/Backpacking
- 18 Newport, RI Questions
- 19 Arizona - Sedona, Grand Canyon, MV and Canyon DeChelley
- 20 Omni Hotel, San Francisco - Did I make a good choice
- 21 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 22 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 23 3 Week Roadtrip Starting in Nashville - Where to Go?!
- 24 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 25 Planning Road Trip Seattle to Denver and Back