I'm heading to Chicago tomorrow for the fourth time, but planning to visit the Hyde Park area for the first time. The main thing we want to do is to tour Robie House, and given that it's a holiday weekend, we're likely planning to buy tickets online today. Our flight gets into Midway at 10am, so I'm anticipating being at the hotel (Hotel Monaco on N. Wabash) by 11, hopefully checking in and getting some lunch before heading to Hyde Park. TaxiFareFinder estimates a cab fare at about $24 from our hotel to the Hyde Park area - does that sound about right to Chicagoans? That would be pretty pricy to get there and back, but the bus looks like it's about 45 minutes to an hour one way depending on how lost we get . Any tips on the Hyde Park area or transit to/from there would be greatly appreciated - I've read that Hyde Park should be fine but is near some neighborhoods we don't want to get lost in.
Chicago - Loop to Robie House
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 2 ONP help
- 3 Texas and Deep South Road Trip - with Limited Time!
- 4 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 5 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 6 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 7 Best non-nature activites around Yellowstone and Grand Teton?
- 8 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 9 Wisconsin - Dells and Madison
- 10 California road trip
- 11 Seattle: Something Different?
- 12 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 13 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 14 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 15 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 16 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 17 Great trip from Bryce to Capitol Reef along Utah Highway 12
- 18 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 19 Providence,RI - restaurant and Waterfire advice
- 20 Need help planning "Fall Leaf Color Change" trip
- 21 Which outdoor museum for our New England trip?
- 22 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 23 Road Tour in Usa
- 24 So you love handbags!
- 25 Vegas - outdoor booths selling handbags